Dizzy Reed Reveals His Feelings on the Guns N’ Roses Reunion

3 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Are you serious?  

Do you think for a Broadway actor who does the same show every night it isn't a lot of work too?

For any band to go out and put on a show, let alone a 3 hour show it is a lot of work.  Give credit where credit is due.

ok true.

But let's be honest, Dizzy & Melissa don't need to "work really hard" as the rest of the band. guy is barely moving within 1 meter range and he doesn't do drums as well.

6 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

The only time during a show that I realize Dizzy is there, is during Estranged when Axl reminds us who he is during his piano part.  I quickly forget about him thereafter.

Wait..........are you saying you don't appreciate exactly how much his bongo playing brings to every other song??

• Haha 2

It must be incredible frustrating to be a talented musician and not get to showcase this on records. If GN'R had released a couple more records there might have been a couple of songs where Dizzy's playing had shone through, maybe written by him, and we would appreciate him a lot more. He would be up there with other talented rock pianists/organists. Because he has the chops and he writes songs. He just doesn't get to showcase that in GN'R much. And therefore to us he is little more than a guy in the background accentuating songs. Replaceable. And that's not really right to a guy who has been in a band for almost 30 years and 700 shows.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

It must be incredible frustrating to be a talented musician and not get to showcase this on records. If GN'R had released a couple more records there might have been a couple of songs where Dizzy's playing had shone through, maybe written by him, and we would appreciate him a lot more. He would be up there with other talented rock pianists/organists. Because he has the chops and he writes songs. He just doesn't get to showcase that in GN'R much. And therefore to us he is little more than a guy in the background accentuating songs. Replaceable. And that's not really right to a guy who has been in a band for almost 30 years and 700 shows.

The article that this thread is based on just took a small portion of the recent Mitch Lafon podcast interview with Dizzy. Elsewhere in the interview he talks about having recorded his solo album in 2008 but no labels wanted it until last year. He also has the Christmas album that no one seems to care about.

As far as appearing on GNR albums, he's fairly well represented on CDs credits. And he seemed rather positive and up beat when Lafon asked about his writing featuring on upcoming Guns releases. He said, and I'm paraphrasing 'I have written things and contributed things here and there over the years. So should any of that material come up, then I would say "yes" I'll be on the album."

He was super positive while answering, even though Mitch wasn't supposed to ask about Guns. Im of the belief that CD2 stuff will make the bulk of new album and that material had some Dizzy. Seems like he's looking forward to having more of his work heard.

Worth mentioning that Dizzy didnt write the lead single from his solo album. This Dont Look Like Vegas - the single - was brought in fully written by Ricky Warwick.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 5:54 AM, jekylhyde said:

This is a horrible thing to say, but I always forget that he is there, even after all these years. When I think of the 2019 version of Guns N' Roses is see Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Melissa and Frank.

But yeah, cool that he is still around.

Seriously...when I first read this one I was expecting him to talk about the past and rip on the current lineup.

Then I remembered that he is in the current lineup :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

He would be up there with other talented rock pianists/organists.

Is he really that talented, though? I mean, I don't know... I'm not a piano/keyboard player, but he never really impressed me, but maybe he's got some serious chops that I'm not hearing.

24 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Is he really that talented, though? I mean, I don't know... I'm not a piano/keyboard player, but he never really impressed me, but maybe he's got some serious chops that I'm not hearing.

I am not going to claim he is world-class pianist but he knows his ways around the keyboard. And he writes music. Hopefully he gets the opportunity to change his legacy in GN'R.

All you disgusting haters just can't grasp his genius. The man has made the Illusions listenable, but that bastard Axl took all the credit. They even humiliated poor Dizzy more by creditting his work in So Fine to some nameless guy. Fuckers.

• Haha 1

the only member of gnr that actually misses pitman. hes taking all of mother goose's shit now

id be curious to see who eats all the shit if ever afd 5 renite. obviously it would be popcorn for the most part but at least he can play the sympathy card because of his stroke.

tbh i try not to hate on anyone while theyre still in the band... i wait till they get booted... except ashba 😂 fuck ashba from day 1

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

It must be incredible frustrating to be a talented musician and not get to showcase this on records.......................................................................................................................................... If GN'R had released a couple more records there might have been a couple of songs where Dizzy's playing had shone through, maybe written by him, and we would appreciate him a lot more. He would be up there with other talented rock pianists/organists. Because he has the chops and he writes songs. He just doesn't get to showcase that in GN'R much. And therefore to us he is little more than a guy in the background accentuating songs. Replaceable. And that's not really right to a guy who has been in a band for almost 30 years and 700 shows.

I stopped reading after you tried convincing us that Dizzy is a talented musician who is being held back.

22 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

The only time during a show that I realize Dizzy is there, is during Estranged when Axl reminds us who he is during his piano part.  I quickly forget about him thereafter.

If they hire another keyboard player, are people suddenly going to watch him instead of Axl, Slash, or Duff? Probably not. David Bryan has been in Bon Jovi forever-people aren't going to see him either, but both are brought back for every tour.

17 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Fucking the truth. 

Dizzy’s in the RNHOF, played on UYI I & II, and on two of the more important/iconic hard rock tours (UYI & NITL) of the last 30 years. That is absolutely ace for 99.9% of the hustling musicians in the world- but by all means let’s pretend like he cries himself to sleep every night...:lol:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Dizzy’s in the RNHOF, played on UYI I & II, and on two of the more important/iconic hard rock tours (UYI & NITL) of the last 30 years. That is absolutely ace for 99.9% of the hustling musicians in the world- but by all means let’s pretend like he cries himself to sleep every night...:lol:

He got the gig because he was broke.