Duff interview.

2 minutes ago, Drexl said:

55 minutes? Are you fucking kidding me?

there's some interesting stuff at the end where he defends axl over one in a million and talks about being confronted by a flight attendant over the song. Of course he keeps mum on any gnr stuff. He also talks about axl tweeting

3 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

there's some interesting stuff at the end where he defends axl over one in a million and talks about being confronted by a flight attendant over the song. Of course he keeps mum on any gnr stuff. He also talks about axl tweeting

I'll give it a chance. Maybe next week.

5 hours ago, sidman69 said:

and he talks about he wrote the lyrics for its so easy 

LOL Duff

Is that anyone else's immediate thought after reading 95% of the interviews that he gives these days.

"Here's what I've learned and why my opinion is more important than others."

"Have I told you guys about how my pancreas burst and I almost died."

"Axl is prolific!"

"*Tell story about how I knew and grew up with musicians that made up the grunge scene."

Edited by todreamofwolves
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

at this point there isnt much anyone of them can say in an interview that we havnt heard already... some people on this forum know more about the band than the band themselves

Right, overall I found this an entertaining interview, I am about 2/3 of the way through currently.  Nothing really that new for us forum hardcore GNR people but its always cool just hearing Duff shoot the shit in these more long form interviews

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Walapino said:

The truth lays somewhere in the in-between. 

They wanted him to do it, they offered him a fee, he didn't like the fee so he didn't do it. 

I don't know how true it is that he at that stage said I don't want to do a long tour... Considering that they have all said that they had commitments up to Coachella and they weren't sure where it would go after that.

I doubt Izzy would have wanted to stay on the road for 2 years though.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

The truth lays somewhere in the in-between. 

They wanted him to do it, they offered him a fee, he didn't like the fee so he didn't do it. 

I don't know how true it is that he at that stage said I don't want to do a long tour... Considering that they have all said that they had commitments up to Coachella and they weren't sure where it would go after that.

I doubt Izzy would have wanted to stay on the road for 2 years though.

Wasn't the original plan just for Coachella, and then the Vegas dates were added, and then the stadium tour? I'm not sure Axl & Slash even knew whether or not they could do a full tour together when it was still in the rehearsal stage. However, I do agree that they probably lowballed him rather than bringing him back into the band as a full time member. Why? Well, we can all speculate that it was because of the money, but maybe his heart wasn't really into it without Steven there too. :shrugs:

Whatever the truth is, it just sucks that we haven't seen the AFD5 reunite. Life's too short, man. 

I still can't believe we are talking why Izzy wasn't involved!?

Is there  anyone who didn't hear by now 'they didn't want to split the loot equally'?

...or who doubts that?

If you like this line up - go see the endless tour, if you are a hard core fan and wait for Matt, Iz, Gilby - don't go to the shows and stay true to yourself.

I didn't give a fuck about this half assed reunion and didn't regret that a second. I will never buy a fucking  ticket as long as they have Frank/Fartus/Mel with Iz/Gilb/Matt still alive. Period.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Walapino said:

Based on that it sounds like Izzy was just being flaky. I mean if he really wanted to be a part of the shows then he would've come to a few rehearsals right? He didn't come at all so they probably saw no need to try to meet his monetary requirements and include him. Just my opinion.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

I still can't believe we are talking why Izzy wasn't involved!?

Is there  anyone who didn't hear by now 'they didn't want to split the loot equally'?

...or who doubts that?

If you like this line up - go see the endless tour, if you are a hard core fan and wait for Matt, Iz, Gilby - don't go to the shows and stay true to yourself.

I didn't give a fuck about this half assed reunion and didn't regret that a second. I will never buy a fucking  ticket as long as they have Frank/Fartus/Mel with Iz/Gilb/Matt still alive. Period.

I don't doubt it but a lot of people can't hear why splitting the loot equally wasn't necessarily fair to Ax/Slash/Duff.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Walapino said:

Wow. It's kind a breaking news. It seems that in Janurary-March 2016 all the options were possible, even the full reunion, but Steven had some health problems and Izzy didn't give a f...

anyone who thinks they hadn't begun with money talks first, rehersals second is really, really naive.

you can bet every single dime you have they agreed on every single dime before anyone set a foot into rehersal space.

now if you cowrote Pretty tied up, Double talkin jive, Paradise city and about 50% of the catalogue but get less than the rest, sure as hell you might as well say 'screw you'.

With Kimmel show being canceled last minute, Fartus being called back last minute it is obvious that full reunion was worked on, but fell through. We didn't need Duff to tell us that 2019

• Like 1

I get why Izzy ended not being part of it and his "reasons" but he should have tried to stick around at least to see what would happen and do the Coachella thing. It was the first step to what could happen in the future but it seems he didnt mind at all to even try it.