Duff interview.

46 minutes ago, default_ said:

I get why Izzy ended not being part of it and his "reasons" but he should have tried to stick around at least to see what would happen and do the Coachella thing. It was the first step to what could happen in the future but it seems he didnt mind at all to even try it.

Izzy reuniting with those guys is really his last big chip to cash in for a pay day. I wouldn’t blame him if it didn’t make sense. Maybe another time. Sometimes things don’t work for everyone involved and you’re the one who needs to step away.

Cant blame anyone else involved either. Seems like they did and didn’t really go into this thing with the aspirations of a long term tour. So those few shows were kind of what they basing their commitment on. If it didn’t work out it needed to make sense for themselves financially to open that bag. 

In the end they found out they can still effectively work together. As a fan that should excite you. It means the band isn’t dead. I hope they try and more importantly successfully go through the writing/recording process. That’s the next hurdle (which historically where issues pop up). Don’t think you can ask for much else  

• Like 1

this is not positive news for a full classic reunion 

duff should be smarter than that then revealing these details and offending izzy

he's essentially talking shit again about izzy saying the amps were all there etc and 3 months pass by 

yeah what about the fucking money u idiot - duh of course he wasn't on board when axl slash and duff gonna rake in millions and him like .5% of that 

really thought duff was smarter than that look no further than his solo album Believe in me to know what he brings to the table

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

this is not positive news for a full classic reunion 

duff should be smarter than that then revealing these details and offending izzy

he's essentially talking shit again about izzy saying the amps were all there etc and 3 months pass by 

yeah what about the fucking money u idiot - duh of course he wasn't on board when axl slash and duff gonna rake in millions and him like 5% of that 

really thought duff was smarter than that look no further than his solo album Believe in me to know what he brings to the table

For decades I always really respected Duff but the last few years has changed my views on him quite a bit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ratam said:

Maybe them not offer Izzy "loot" to Izzy reject they offer, and with it was the perfect excuse to keep Fortus into the band? Just a little speculation of my part.

agreed 

i dont believe they were ever gonna do  a full classic lineup 

axl is so indecisive anyways he prob was almost gonna pull the plug on whole thing and i think axl and duff are basically the same person now only duff is the public persona 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

For decades I always really respected Duff but the last few years has changed my views on him quite a bit. 

it leads me to believe that izzy is still standing his ground and duff felt the need to take some deliberate jabs cause duff isn't that dumb is he

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

agreed 

i dont believe they were ever gonna do  a full classic lineup 

axl is so indecisive anyways he prob was almost gonna pull the plug on whole thing and i think axl and duff are basically the same person now only duff is the public persona 

I think that keeping Fortus is most Axl thing, if they was bringing back Izzy don't think that Fortus would keep in the band, this was Izzy or Fortus, not both. And is hard think that Axl would to eject Fortus in Izzy favour.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I think that keeping Fortus is most Axl thing, if they was bringing back Izzy don't think that Fortus would keep in the band, this was Izzy or Fortus, not both. And is hard think that Axl would to eject Fortus in Izzy favour.

Maybe Fortus was on hold and got a call after Izzy didnt show interest. Even Steven was there and rehearsed with the band, we can just speculate what couldve happened havent he hurt his back. 

The way I see it, if even Steven was there I cant think of an excuse for Izzy not getting called too and stand by my point that he should've at least sticked for the first shows, then they would get a clear vision of the whole process. 

It would be the first step for, maybe, him getting back on the partnership and getting the equal loot he talks about. 

Edited by default_

6 minutes ago, default_ said:

Maybe Fortus was on hold and got a call after Izzy didnt show interest. Even Steven was there and rehearsed with the band, we can just speculate what couldve happened havent he hurt his back. 

The way I see it, if even Steven was there I cant think of an excuse for Izzy not getting called too and stand by my point that he should've at least sticked for the first shows, then they would get a clear vision of the whole process. 

It would be the first step for, maybe, him getting back on the partnership and getting the equal loot he talks about. 

Exactly this. Izzy blown his opportunity. Whatever they did offer is much more than his getting now which is zero.

If he did those few reunion shows planned he could then negotiate for a all out tour.

He hasnt dropped a album or toured in years and i doubt his making much money farming avocados.

Edited by vloors

21 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

It's interesting that some of you take a very simple and honest answer to a question and turn it 360 degrees to suit some peoples narrative and wish. There is nothing in that statement that reads there to be any intent of malice or being disrespectful towards Izzy. 

Duff, was being open and honest. 

I see the same people on this forum take childish pot shots at band members for speaking there mind, because what they say does not suit what they believe. 

These people are the same people who continue to bitch and moan because the band never talks or communicates with the fans

Why dont some of you put that aside, be objective and take it for what it is,

Duff is simply answering a question, being open and honest. 

These guys will never please some of you no matter what they say or do. 

In Duffs case, after becoming sober and healthy in life, writing and speaking have become a big part of that life something the he enjoys and is good at. 

The statement in the article is simply Duff being himself. 

Thats something that should be appreciated and respected. 

180 degrees.

Edit: I understand what you mean now, in this context 360 degrees is correct.  My bad.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Don't sell your tickets and tell him at the show.😄

I just put em up on stubhub too lol.. It won't be the worst thing in the world if they don't sell. I would still go and have a good time. I could still change my mind and go anyway.  I actually like two of the three songs I have heard so far. 

Edited by Tom-Ass

13 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

just put em up on stubhub too lol.. I won't be the worst thing in the world if they don't sell. I would still go and have a good time. I could still change my mind and go anyway.  I actually like two of the three songs I have heard so far. 

Absolutely,  I think you would have a good time.  I've done that before, thinking I wouldn't like a show but ended up having a great time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ratam said:

They could have kept both.   It would make perfect sense.  Then if Izzy up and quit again, it would not matter because you would have Fortus there 

2 hours ago, default_ said:

We just can speculate, maybe never will knew the true reason. I think that happened with Izzy will remain in mistery.

36 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

They could have kept both.   It would make perfect sense.  Then if Izzy up and quit again, it would not matter because you would have Fortus there 

I think that keep Fortus as replacement would be disrespectful to him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

True, Iz doesn't seem like the write a "tell all" book kind of guy.

Same Axl. I'm appreciate that Duff answering, but maybe he can't say much, because is more some between Axl and Izzy. And both Axl and Izzy are very reserved guys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

It's interesting that some of you take a very simple and honest answer to a question and turn it 360 degrees to suit some peoples narrative and wish. There is nothing in that statement that reads there to be any intent of malice or being disrespectful towards Izzy. 

Duff, was being open and honest. 

I see the same people on this forum take childish potshots at band members for speaking their mind, because what they say does not suit what they believe. 

These people are the same people who continue to bitch and moan because the band or its members don't talk or communicate with the fans. 

Duff communicated with you and the first thing some of you do, is to knock him down and call his character into question. 

Why dont some of you put that aside, be objective and take it for what it is, Duff is simply answering a question, being open and honest. 

These guys will never please some of you no matter what they say or do.

In Duffs case, after becoming sober and healthy in life, writing and speaking have become a big part of that life something the he enjoys and is good at. 

The statement in the article is simply Duff being himself. 

Thats something that should be appreciated and respected. 

its interestiing that a guy like duff who is clearly motivated by money which isn't a bad thing but chooses to mention that izzy was flaky for not showing up when clearly getting a fair share or cut was clearly the reason 

he omits to mention this point as if they had a deal in place with izzy when they were probably just trying to sway him in on the cheap

I think both sides have clearly stated their positions, and perhaps they may be largely irreconcilable hence the continued debate.

It is pretty clear Izzy's position is there needs to be an equal split of $. I suspect his thoughts are we started this band together, the whole legacy is from the music I helped write, record and tour to build the band up. (Let's face it, if there is no Appetite, the band isn't touring stadiums now.) Back then it was one for all, all for one, everything shared and if we are going to do it again, this is how it needs to be. It's a fair argument. (And also applies to Steven).

The other side obviously wasn't prepared to do an equal split. I suspect their point is we retained ownership & subsequent obligations to keep the entity functioning. And by functioning I don't mean touring - certainly there would be arguments about whether that did more damage than good. I mean the annual cycle of dealing with accountants, lawyers and the whole business side of things that goes along with an entity the size of GNR. This is a fair argument as well.

So how do you reconcile this ? I wonder if the only way we would ever see a reunion would be for the $ to be completely taken off the table. For example a one off show where all the proceeds go to charity.

I think the thing that should be acknowledged and the facade dropped on is that this band is all about 'the music' or 'integrity' or 'putting on the best possible show'. That is BS, all that is now secondary to the $. If any of the former were true, they would have somehow worked out the $ issue as it would be secondary. Ironically, the guy who cops the most crap (ie Steven) the the only one that doesn't care about the $ and just wants to play with best lineup.

It's also sad, that 5 people, from one of the most successful bands can't put $ aside. They don't need more of it, and are basically giving up something special in the pursuit of more of what they most likely don't need. I can understand a struggling band needing to do things for cash, but once your at the position GNR are at, is it better to do something that you really want to do even if it doesn't maximise your $ return or accept a little less of something you most likely don't need and do exactly what you want to do ?

• Like 3