Duff interview.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Commitment to greed.  

Guns N' Roses are unfortunately little far removed from Kiss. 

So sad, but so true. It's way more about the merchandising with these guys than anything to do with art. 

• Like 1

On 16. 05. 2019. at 1:31 PM, default_ said:

I get why Izzy ended not being part of it and his "reasons" but he should have tried to stick around at least to see what would happen and do the Coachella thing. It was the first step to what could happen in the future but it seems he didnt mind at all to even try it.

Yeah, but that is what happens when you help build up a bend and then 3 guys give you like 25% of their share.

If you were Iz, would you go play for Fartus paycheck? I fully agree with Iz.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

I would have taken just travel expenses for those two initial shows if I knew how much it would have meant for the fans.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

Yeah, but that is what happens when you help build up a bend and then 3 guys give you like 25% of their share.

It was an opportunity to get back on the fold if he committed and showed interest, which he didn't, so theres no way to actually know what to expect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, default_ said:

It was an opportunity to get back on the fold if he committed and showed interest, which he didn't, so theres no way to actually know what to expect.

I said it couple of days ago and I'll repeat it again...Iz said 'they didn't want to split the loot equally'.  Does that say he did want to get back to the fold or not?

11 hours ago, Lio said:

Duff is clearly motivated by money. Izzy isn't there according to some of you solely because he didn't get an equal share. What's the difference? Such hypocrites.

Read my post again instead of twisting it smart guy

They are both about money only Duff is trying to allude that Izzy is a flake and makes no mention of the $ being a factor. That is a low level shot to make it look like he was responsible for letting down the fans when in fact he does not mention that they were not able to reach an agreement because of the low ball tactics 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

How so

he is a session player, he knows that 

i mean , you said that "of Izzy quit , then Fortus would be Izzy replacement", but m, my guess about it is a unlikely situation, because Fortus need wait that Izzy quit the band and he return with the band? But meanwhile .........Fortus to scratch his balls....i think this could be very uncomfortable to him. I have the feeling that Axl prefer Fortus over Izzy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

No - but at least Axl would get that spark back having the options of 14 years and dust n bones back in the fold 

I love very much 14 years, but, sadly without Izzy not will be possible this song back . Great song.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

No - but at least Axl would get that spark back having the options of 14 years and dust n bones back in the fold 

Axl didn't sound very good when they did it in 2012... it was cool for the novelty of seeing Axl and Izzy play it, but he would've sounded dreadful on the chorus in 2017-18.

As for Dust N Bones.... that one would be cool. Duff used to play it with Loaded, I honestly wouldn't be bothered if they brought that back to the set and let Duff sing lead on it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ratam said:

i mean , you said that "of Izzy quit , then Fortus would be Izzy replacement", but m, my guess about it is a unlikely situation, because Fortus need wait that Izzy quit the band and he return with the band? But meanwhile .........Fortus to scratch his balls....i think this could be very uncomfortable to him. I have the feeling that Axl prefer Fortus over Izzy.

No Fortus would stay in the band, they would go back to three guitar players, and if Izzy left he would already be there to replace him.  

Just now, gnfnr2k said:

No Fortus would stay in the band, they would go back to three guitar players, and if Izzy left he would already be there to replace him.  

in this case , then is right. With three guitar is possible. We just can guess what happened. Izzy don't like scandals, is hard he says something else.

17 hours ago, default_ said:

I really believe from all of them Slash is the less money driven character, he obviously got money to afford a lifestyle, but in the end hes the only one constantly touring and doing his art, be it movies or music, hes still loyal to most of what he always stand for.

Of course he said hed only be back in GNR with the AFD5, but I think he saw all this as a window for that.

17 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

I believe Slash is the most money driven....every note he plays is like his child support depends on it.

Well it is rumored that he wanted a bigger cut at the last minute before the tour started, so... And yeah, now with his divorce and all he needs every dollar he can get his hands on. 

But I do think that if money had been the main motivating factor then the reunion would've happened a lot sooner.

• Like 1

I used to see Duff (and Izzy also) as the slightly more sensible one as juxtaposed with the two squabbling children (Rose and Slash), but he is fairly mercenary and corporate really. I have a feeling he'd sell his own grandma for a fiver. 

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I used to see Duff (and Izzy also) as the slightly more sensible one as juxtaposed with the two squabbling children (Rose and Slash), but he is fairly mercenary and corporate really. I have a feeling he'd sell his own grandma for a fiver. 

Looking at it from Duffs point of view though, he's probably thinking 'I've been put through the ringer over this ginger bellend for decades, this is my chance to make a few quid out of it and pad out the ol' retirement fund'. 

• Like 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Looking at it from Duffs point of view though, he's probably thinking 'I've been put through the ringer over this ginger bellend for decades, this is my chance to make a few quid out of it and pad out the ol' retirement fund'. 

He is charging over £50 for his solo tour!! Duff should be barely much beyond Gilby/Hookers and Blow style pricing, a tenner at the door.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He is charging over £50 for his solo tour!! Duff should be barely much beyond Gilby/Hookers and Blow style pricing, a tenner at the door.

I listened to a solo album of his, Believe in Me I think it was called.  Don't really remember what it was like so it can't've made much of an impression.

I like Believe In Me, even with the awful vocals. 10 Years, Man In The Meadow, The Majority, Just Not There... Slash, Jeff Beck, Lenny Kravitz, Gilby... nothing wrong with.

edit, and even if I didn't like it, I wouldn't feel the need to repeat myself like a broken record.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1