Gibbo

Moby Talks GN'R Hiring Him to Produce 'Chinese Democracy'

11 hours ago, default_ said:

Holy shit this is BAD, is this what Axl was trying to achieve? I see myself as a very open minded music wise but I listened to this and the only thought that crossed my mind was WHAT THE FUCK IS HE DOING WITH THE JAMES BOND THEME.

the studio version contains no singing and is solid. i didn't like Moby back then, but today i listen more to his music than GnR. Axl somehow knew back then that Moby will be successful in the near future. But i don't get Axls vision as well. Mobys songs are melodic and repetitive loops, while CD is not.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

There's another story from the book on MSN today, how Andre 3000 (think I know the name, but nothing else!) wouldn't work with Moby after Moby tried to show him some love, cos so many people were hating Moby: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/music/andre-3000-turned-down-moby-collaboration-because-people-hated-him-too-much/ar-AABVfI2?ocid=spartanntp

Doesn't say why everybody hates Moby.

Maybe it's for similar reasons to everybody hating Axl, cos he tried to speak his mind, and go against the popular politically correct view?

Makes me wonder if Natalie Portman is making a fuss cos she knows Moby's unpopular, and so she'll win more friends than lose; and gain publicity herself.

Would she have objected to Andre 3000 in the same way?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Creed said:

Mobys songs are melodic and repetitive loops, while CD is not.

You keep saying this, but it doesn't mean that Moby as a producer would only come up with ''repetitive loops''. Making your own music or being a producer for someone else is a different thing.

6 hours ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Makes me wonder if Natalie Portman is making a fuss cos she knows Moby's unpopular, and so she'll win more friends than lose; and gain publicity herself.

Huh?

I'm pretty sure she's just speaking up for the exact reason she said. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Natalie Portman, an Oscar & Golden Globe winner actress, needs Moby to gain publicity for herself? :question:

Excuse me! I have to ROTLMAO! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

:facepalm:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

On May 26, 2019 at 5:57 AM, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Moby's life is full of biopic type stuff, from a famous ancestor to the poor childhood with a hippy mother, who was very creative but didn't feel she'd achieved.

Moby crossed styles as he felt, and crossed the country touring; and as he achieved some success flew into the UK's height of the rave scene.

He's quite introverted and always self-analysing, so a biopic would be quite interesting. I imagine it could be filled with lots of thought sequences, natural scenery and nice animals.

His veganism has become normalised now, so it would probably be interesting to the new generation of vegans. 

I don't think Moby's as big as Freddie Mercury or Elton John yet, but I guess is about the same as Motley Crue - I nearly wrote, 'but for very different audiences'; well, I did actually, so I've left it in; before remembering Moby's a Crue fan, but don't think many Crue fans are Moby fans, but may be wrong, for I am one!

I can hear the movie trailer narration now.

"In a world where a Comic Dog puppet, a man named after a candy and a man named after one of his ancestors allegories feud relentlessly in the public eye; you can rock hard or chill to synth scapes. You just cant eat crickets. The booze that fuel the dubauchery may be filtered using fish bladders, but the debauchery itself is pure vegan. Axl Rose will be offended, teenagers will be creeped out. This summer, be inspired at the movie critics are calling "its just depicts him writing his 6th memoir!?!?" On Memorial Day weekend be touched by Mobys story, his family and Mobys dick with But She Was Legal And I Was Drunk part 1"

:lol: j/k

The biopic you described would be cool for sure.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

portman is just ashamed of the facto that she had been dating Moby. Its pretty obvious to me.

Mobys music is so different compared  to GnRs. It makes no sense. Sounds great with Elton, but Axl? no way.

Edited by Creed

1 hour ago, Creed said:

Mobys music is so different compared  to GnRs.

You are like a broken record in this thread. You just refuse to understand that making your own music and being a producer is not the same thing. Had he produced CD it doesn't mean it would have sounded like a Moby record.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, killuridols said:

Natalie Portman, an Oscar & Golden Globe winner actress, needs Moby to gain publicity for herself? :question:

Excuse me! I have to ROTLMAO! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

:facepalm:

Every little helps - Tesco

Moby is bigger in my mind and life.

Never noticed Natalie Portman much. Did watch Black Swan and liked it, but didn't remember she was in it!

Just researched her: She has courted publicity and popularism before, such as appearing in Simpsons and working on Thor and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, so not all arty high culture stuff. 

She has now got married and become a parent, and joined the metoo movement, so has probably become a different person to the one who went around with Moby; but without dating. Maybe her husband was angry about it - 'You never told me you dated Moby!'

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Moby is bigger in my mind and life.

Never noticed Natalie Portman much. Did watch Black Swan and liked it, but didn't remember she was in it!

If you can't remember Natalie Portman leading role in Black Swan, even if you watched it, this tells more about your own problems with memory (or perhaps selective memory) than about who Natalie Portman is.

She's a great actress, worldwide known & popular and that's beside you or anyone else.

Natalie's been in tons of movies, like the Star Wars series, V for Vendetta, Closer, Cold Mountain and many more.
Particularly, my fav film featuring Natalie it is a small budget movie called "Garden State".

1 hour ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Maybe her husband was angry about it - 'You never told me you dated Moby!'

Maybe she's just an adult independent woman who makes her own decisions and was bothered that Moby did not reach out to her before using her public name in a book.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

If you can't remember Natalie Portman leading role in Black Swan, even if you watched it, this tells more about your own problems with memory (or perhaps selective memory) than about who Natalie Portman is.

I'm afraid some people had more eye for Mila Kunis.

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Mila is amazing but Natalie is the protagonist... Kinda shitty attitude to try to neglect her :shrugs:

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Mila is amazing but Natalie is the protagonist... Kinda shitty attitude to try to neglect her :shrugs:

I enjoyed both of their performances, especially Natalie's performance in that movie.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, EvanG said:

I do remember Mila Kunis  more, but not for Black Swan.

I watched that film once, and liked it, but it wasn't a movie I particularly remember.

I loved Aronofsky's The Fountain, but couldn't tell you who acted in it offhand. 

18 hours ago, killuridols said:

She's a great actress, worldwide known & popular and that's beside you or anyone else.

Natalie's been in tons of movies, like the Star Wars series, V for Vendetta, Closer, Cold Mountain and many more.
Particularly, my fav film featuring Natalie it is a small budget movie called "Garden State".

Maybe she's just an adult independent woman who makes her own decisions and was bothered that Moby did not reach out to her before using her public name in a book.

Yes, I know the name, and thought she was famous for Star Wars, but none of the films have been big for me. 

She is also beautiful, in a girl next door kind of way. 

Could have been her decision to criticise Moby as you say, and maybe she now thinks Moby wasn't who she thought, and didn't want to be included in the middle of all his rock n' roll excess and mess. 

Posted (edited)

Well, I hope she's happy... after being taunted by 90's bad boys Eminem and Axl Rose now even oscar winning actresses are after him. Poor guy just can't catch a break!

Edited by EvanG
  • Sad 1

Jesus he's 14 years older. not 40. I can't see any problem in that age-difference.

come on natalie don't be so annoying

• Like 2