Music Lessons And Technique Thread

What are you up to in your practice routine? Share videos that have inspired you to learn music. What videos or books helped you have a break through in your musical studies? Who do you follow for lessons and reactions, online? 

This video really helped me grasp this concept about guitar tuning intervals.  

• GNFNR 2

@Sosso man, if I had one of those things I'd never get anything else done! Synth keys work perfectly fine for these applications, but I wonder if any models come with weighted keys?

I learn more from Beth Roars about style and delivery then I ever have from a paid vocal coach.

• Like 1

I use songsterr.com for tabs, there are some accurate tabs to be found and you can play audio and select whichever instrument part you want to play/hear.

As far as youtube videos goes for guitar stuff, I like Marty Music, even though he isn't always correct in the way he teaches certain songs, but he's a fun guy. GuitarLessons365Song and JustinGuitar Songs aren't bad either. 

When it comes down to practising, I just learn the songs that I like. I don't really practise much else. And when I'm sitting around noodling I am usually playing scales without thinking about it and I learned a lot that way without really practising, if you know what I mean.

I took a lot of lessons when I was a kid and I'm glad I did because I didn't pick up any bad habits that I sometimes notice with people who learned playing guitar by themselves. Like not using the pinky a lot or not using proper alternate picking, and so on. Not that it really matters, though, but it definitely helped me become a better guitarist.

• Like 2