Who is Slipknot's new member 'Burn Victim' ?

oldnews

On May 16th Slipknot released the video for new song 'Unsainted' on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpATBBRajP8 the video also marked the first appearance of a mysterious new member replacing the departed (and disgruntled) Chris Fehn. Days later the band along with the unknown percussionist performed two songs on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Now fans (and non fans) of the band are trying to figure out who the 'mystery member' is.

One fan claimed that there is no new member and it is actually singer Corey Taylor (made sense when it was only the video for the single, makes less sense when both he and Corey could be seen on Kimmel), Taylor also responded to this suggestion on twitter with three crying with laughter emojis.

Other fans claim that it's all a publicity stunt and Chris Fehn is still in the band (just wearing a new mask)

Former/Original member (and popular among die hard Slipknot fans) Anders Colsefni has denied that he is the masked man.

Other guesses on forums are Zach Hill, Dave Grohl, Bray Wyatt, Gage Crahan (son of Shawn 'Clown' Crahan), another former member Gregg 'Cuddles' Welts, Mary Hvsida, Elvis Presley or just some random musician no one has heard of

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/294302/who-is-the-new-mystery-member-of-slipknot/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp20ZASuy1Y

Edited by oldnews

Zach Hill from Death Grips was apparently spotted by multiple fans near the stage at the Kimmel performance in between rehearsals and the actual performance, carrying a brown bag that looked big enough to be holding a mask in it. I’m betting my money that it’s him.

9 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Zach Hill from Death Grips was apparently spotted by multiple fans near the stage at the Kimmel performance in between rehearsals and the actual performance, carrying a brown bag that looked big enough to be holding a mask in it. I’m betting my money that it’s him.

I go for serial collaborator Dave Grohl playing the 'Burn Victim' part as a one off, like he did when he was in Ghost

On 5/21/2019 at 2:15 PM, Edward Nygma said:

Never got this band. What I am missing?

Nothing. lol

Slipknot does have new masks now. Tom Savini made them. Corey's mask looks like a mask a serial killer would wear. I really hate the clown. He just annoys me. I think a few members are wearing the same design, but maybe an updated version of it.

Anyway, I met Corey Taylor at a Frightmare convention. He was super nice and so nice to my daughter. Not a fan of Slipknot's music. It makes me crazy. lol

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Nothing. lol

Slipknot does have new masks now. Tom Savini made them. Corey's mask looks like a mask a serial killer would wear. I really hate the clown. He just annoys me. I think a few members are wearing the same design, but maybe an updated version of it.

Anyway, I met Corey Taylor at a Frightmare convention. He was super nice and so nice to my daughter. Not a fan of Slipknot's music. It makes me crazy. lol

The two guitarists (Jim Root and Mick Thompson) and the sampler/keyboardist (Craig Jones) tend to wear just slight variations of the same masks they’ve had for like 15-20 years now. Same used to be true for the secondary percussionist (Chris Fehn), but he’s out of the band now, as of March. It’s too early to tell how often the masks will change for the bassist and drummer (V-Man and Jay Weinberg) cause they’re both still pretty new.

Corey Taylor, Clown, and Sid Wilson are the ones who seem to enjoy radically changing their mask designs with each of the new album/tour cycles.

Edited by rocknroll41

Never gave em a chance, just looked too hokey for me.  Sort of like Kiss.  Not that I have something against gimmickery, rock n roll has shitloads of that, all stagecraft is to a point a form of gimmickery but you've got to have a sense of humour about it all or else its got to be cool otherwise you just look like a bunch of prannies and Slipknot fall into the 'look like a bunch of prannies' category to me.  I'll happily admit coolness means a lot to me in music, pop music anyway, you gotta look cool.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Never gave em a chance, just looked too hokey for me.  Sort of like Kiss.  Not that I have something against gimmickery, rock n roll has shitloads of that, all stagecraft is to a point a form of gimmickery but you've got to have a sense of humour about it all or else its got to be cool otherwise you just look like a bunch of prannies and Slipknot fall into the 'look like a bunch of prannies' category to me.  I'll happily admit coolness means a lot to me in music, pop music anyway, you gotta look cool.

to be honest even guns n roses looked a bit "too cool for school" to me in the '90s. around my mates, it was common opinion that the gunners were putting on an act, to sell records. "It's all the record company that makes them act like the bad boys of rock n roll". And for the longest time, well into my 20s, I maintained that opinion. It was only after I read some bio's of the band and dug a little deeper, that I realised the truth was even more genuine than the image.

Slipknot, in this regard, seem to me like the spiritual successor of the "bad boys of rock n roll" image that GNR were once famous for. There is a fair bit of genuinity when it comes to slipknot. These guys really are "bastards", with some of them working in sex shops before they got famous. Now I don't have anything against working in a sex shop, mind, but it helps to show that these guys were weird pretty much from the get-go.

Edited by action

Fuck. I hope Corey is ok...

slipknot have been having it really rough lately. First this new record took forever to make (thankfully the lead single is turning out to be one of their biggest hits ever), then Corey screws up his knee and needs immediate massive surgery for it, then Chris quits and sues them, then Clown suddenly loses his young daughter (RIP) just one day after their comeback show, and now this... These guys can’t catch a break lately. Hope things get better from here for all of them, though!

First full show of the tour was the other day. Corey sounds amazing. His voice hasn’t been this good since the Iowa tour circa 2002.

the new guy is bringing a lot of energy to the shows. Whoever he is, he’s definitely young.

was surprised to see Clown there, given his recent family tragedy. I had figured he’d skip the summer Europe shows, but I guess he felt that going on the road would give him an opportunity to “heal,” in a sense.

On 6/3/2019 at 4:23 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Hey I think it'll make these guys stronger and more together. Shit happens, but if you hang in their with your friends, you will get through it.

I agree. Good point!

• 3 weeks later...

There’s also a chance that “Burn Victim’s” mask is a message from Taylor and Crahan to Fehn, a coded statement if you will. Perhaps this is their way of saying Fehn “burned himself” and/or “cut off his nose to spite his face” by bringing charges down against his Slipknot family. That would be pretty petty, so I certainly hope it’s not the case.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

Edited by natelivliv
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, natelivliv said:

There’s also a chance that “Burn Victim’s” mask is a message from Taylor and Crahan to Fehn, a coded statement if you will. Perhaps this is their way of saying Fehn “burned himself” and/or “cut off his nose to spite his face” by bringing charges down against his Slipknot family. That would be pretty petty, so I certainly hope it’s not the case.

The story I heard was that the mask was originally intended for Corey but was discarded once he realized that it wasn’t suitable for vocal performance, and then given to the new guy at the last minute since there was no time to make a standard maggot mask for him.

who knows tho... you could be right that the mask is really just a middle finger to Chris. Would be shitty, but Corey is low class enough to do something like that, me thinks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 2:16 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Saw the new slipknot video. it's nuts! lol

It's live concert footage mixed up with scenes from this new show called The Boys. This show looks nuts! I mean gore galore!

I'm still amazed at how many members are in this band! lol

Yeah that song (Solway Firth) is amazing, as is the newer single they put out a few days ago (Birth of the Cruel). Both videos are also very cool, and unique.

The full album dropped today, and it’s awesome! Nero Forte is easily my favorite song on it.

Still don’t understand why the single All Out Life is just a bonus track on the Japanese version of the album. It was good enough to be on the main release in my opinion, but oh well...

Edited by rocknroll41