NEW Slash Interview 05/28, Confirms Work On New GNR Album!

Is this the first Slash interview where he talks about new music since his visit to Axl's house?

I think it is, and that would mean that they did some serious work when he went. Otherwise he would've answered pretty much like he was answering a month ago or so...

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, default_ said:

So, you've listened to The so called General? And wow, you can confirm this lineup will never top it? Whats your sources bro?

One thing I don't like much in general (no pun) is the unfunny irony that's become overused especially on the internet. If you don't master it and it's not funny, don't try it, especially not on me ; )

I did listen to the leaked part of The General (recorded with a phone and yes the sound quality is utterly terrible), Evader's take on it, and I've also given a piano cover of what I could figure out of it.

And of course, there's also the long intro that was used in 2006 gigs.

All in all, we can figure out it's a very ambitious song with a huge potential. Something I haven't heard in Slash & Duff solo or mutual work (counting Velvet Revolver). I have high doubts either Slash or Duff could come up with something like this. Now with Axl as their boss, who knows. Axl has a habit of bringing the best musical abilities out of every musician he's worked with, most of the time anyway. Or using stuff they had recorded that would be average if sung by someone else and turning it into something very decent.

My opinion on this anyway, I know some people have a very different way of seeing things, and I respect it.

Edited by D..
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

53 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Is this the first Slash interview where he talks about new music since his visit to Axl's house?

I think it is, and that would mean that they did some serious work when he went. Otherwise he would've answered pretty much like he was answering a month ago or so...

Argentina interview was absolute BS as i suspicted. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

So all things considered...its just another Slash interview with some confirmation on the Axl house visit for some recording and Beta's rattlesnake sausage sandwiches. 

Maybe you should take another listen. This is anything but "just another Slash interview" 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No lie, I said to myself as I was reading thru this thread, “Don’t cry” and immediately followed up with “no pun intended” :lol:

but I’m a guy who is/was extremely pessimistic and would be content with a live blu-ray release (still would like one) so this is profound news to me. 

I went from pessimistic to cautiously optimistic

48 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Blabbermouth has picked it up along with UCR. I'm sure it'll make its way to every music site by the end of the day. 

I'm so glad my buddy asked me for questions yesterday. I was like "NEW MUSIC" and "Ask about Axl's house while you're at it" immediately when he asked haha. 

Well done! That gave us some breaking news! Cheers!!! Next time he should ask, if a Song called "Jackie Chan" is gonna be on the upcoming Album! 😉

• Haha 1

SLASH Confirms New GUNS N' ROSES Music Is On The Way

May 29, 2019 10 Comments

SLASH Confirms New GUNS N' ROSES Music Is On The Way

Slash has confirmed that GUNS N' ROSES will start work on a new music in the fall.

The guitarist had previously said that there was talk of GUNS putting new ideas together, but he was reluctant to say that fans could definitely expect to hear fresh material from the reunited group.

Explaining why he had been ambiguous with his comments in the past, Slash told Meltdown of Detroit's 101 WRIF radio station (hear audio below): "The thing is, we haven't really done anything yet, and I don't like to say anything. You know how people used to promote shit and lie through their teeth? So I just wanted to be honest about it, and so there was really no telling what we were gonna do at that point. But at this point, I do know that we are gonna do this run [of shows in the fall], and we've already started working on stuff. So, there you go."

Slash also said that he found it frustrating when a photo showing his guitar rig setup was circulated online, with Internet chatter suggesting he had been on the way to singer Axl Rose's house to begin recording new GN'Rmusic.

"There was a rumor that I was over there, and it was before I had even been there," Slash said. "So, I was, like, 'Jesus Christ.' And that's just a pain in the ass and annoying.' But I am excited about what we've got going on and everything, so it's gonna be cool."

Slash, who recently returned to the road with his solo band SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS, previously told BelfastLive that he had "no idea" what a new GUNS album would sound like. "I really couldn't tell you," he said. "It's like anything else — you don't know what it is until it's done."

GUNS N' ROSES' aforementioned festival shows — Louder Than Life, Austin City Limits and Exit 111 — will mark the band's first live appearances since ending its reunion tour in December 2018.

GUNS N' ROSES' "Not In This Lifetime" tour began in April 2016, and after 159 shows in 41 countries, it played its last date at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii on December 8, 2018.

"Not In This Lifetime" is now believed to be the second-highest-grossing tour of all time, having generated more than $500 million since it began three years ago.

Since the end of the tour last year, Slash and bassist Duff McKagan have both returned to solo endeavors.

The "Not In This Lifetime" tour featured classic-lineup members Slash, McKagan and Rose backed by guitarist Richard Fortus, drummer Frank Ferrer, keyboardist Dizzy Reed and second keyboardist Melissa Reese.

Photo credit: Katarina Benzova

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

Well done! That gave us some breaking news! Cheers!!! Next time he should ask, if a Song called "Jackie Chan" is gonna be on the upcoming Album! 😉

Or ask about potential song titles in general and whether it's all new stuff or some Chinese leftovers.

41 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

He replied yesterday with "I'll try to work it in" I replied with "A whole lot more people will care about the interview if you do" :)

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

Or ask about potential song titles in general and whether it's all new stuff or some Chinese leftovers.

Yeah I wonder if they’re ready to confirm yet whether or not this new record will be Chinese leftovers or actual new stuff. Hopefully both. They might as well do a double album at this point anyway.

If Chinese leftovers are in play, I wonder if theyll re-record them from scratch or just have Slash n’ Duff overdub old recordings.

I hope it’s the former. Anyone ever hear those mashups of ITW/Slither and Madagascar/Measages? I would love a whole album like that. Take the vocals Axl already has and have the NITL lineup write new music around that. Then maybe we can get the original ChiDem lineup’s recordings on a bonus disc.

i also imagine that, even if Chinese leftovers are being used, not every single leftover song will make the final cut. I can’t really see Slash and Duff playing on something like Silkworms, for instance. Maybe any songs that get left again on the cutting room floor can be added to a ChiDem anniversary box in 2028? Idk, just spitballing ideas.

37 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I wonder if they’re ready to confirm yet whether or not this new record will be Chinese leftovers or actual new stuff. Hopefully both. They might as well do a double album at this point anyway.

If Chinese leftovers are in play, I wonder if theyll re-record them from scratch or just have Slash n’ Duff overdub old recordings.

I hope it’s the former. Anyone ever hear those mashups of ITW/Slither and Madagascar/Measages? I would love a whole album like that. Take the vocals Axl already has and have the NITL lineup write new music around that. Then maybe we can get the original ChiDem lineup’s recordings on a bonus disc.

i also imagine that, even if Chinese leftovers are being used, not every single leftover song will make the final cut. I can’t really see Slash and Duff playing on something like Silkworms, for instance. Maybe any songs that get left again on the cutting room floor can be added to a ChiDem anniversary box in 2028? Idk, just spitballing ideas.

I'm honestly more worried about what vocal takes Axl will use. There were several late 90's/early 2000's vocal takes on CD that he really should have re-recorded with his improved mid 2000's vocals. Hell I thought he sounded better on Rock the Rock than a lot of CD. If he has older vocal takes that he wants to use I hope they are from 2004 or later.

• Like 1

Just now, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I'm honestly more worried about what vocal takes Axl will use. There were several late 90's/early 2000's vocal takes on CD that he really should have re-recorded with his improved mid 2000's vocals. Hell I thought he sounded better on Rock the Rock than a lot of CD. If he has older vocal takes that he wants to use I hope they are from 2004 or later.

I know. But will Axl really have the energy/drive to record new vocal takes at the point? This is Axl we are talking about, here.

i hope I’m wrong. Hell, I hope he’s secretly been spending these last 6 months since NITL ended recording vocals at his home (especially since Axl/DC seemingly fell apart so it’s not like he’d have that to take away from focusing on new GnR music)... but something tells me that won’t be the case.

we’ll see, I guess.