NEW Slash Interview 05/28, Confirms Work On New GNR Album!

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I could be wrong, but I think this is the first time we have confirmation of a time line. I think everything up to this point has been a lot of "we'll see what happens" 

Oh no, I believe it is the first “official” confirmation, which is a good thing. I am just saying that I just want some new music. It just seems like every interview people ask them all about new music.

Honestly, I really don’t care how long they spend on it, as long as it is good music. We have all waited so long, I just want it to be good and not rushed. I love almost every song that all versions of this band have created so I am really looking forward to what they record.

• Like 2

Wow he says it there like it’s definitely happening now and that he really was at Axl’s house recently and they’re working on it! Thank fuck. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of this.

EDIT: Slash seems way happier and peppier than he usually seems in interviews. That’s cool, but it also sounds like he knows this radio DJ well, so that might also have something to do with it.

was cool how in the end the guy asked “so can we expect the new GnR music next year?” And he said “yeah man! It’s happening!”

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Oh no, I believe it is the first “official” confirmation, which is a good thing. I am just saying that I just want some new music. It just seems like every interview people ask them all about new music.

Honestly, I really don’t care how long they spend on it, as long as it is good music. We have all waited so long, I just want it to be good and not rushed. I love almost every song that all versions of this band have created so I am really looking forward to what they record.

I feel the same way, I hear ya. 

9 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Wow he says it there like it’s definitely happening now and that he really was at Axl’s house recently and they’re working on it! Thank fuck. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of this.

EDIT: Slash seems way happier and peppier than he usually seems in interviews. That’s cool, but it also sounds like he knows this radio DJ well, so that might also have something to do with it.

was cool how in the end the guy asked “so can we expect the new GnR music next year?” And he said “yeah man! It’s happening!”

I thought the same thing. I was surprised by how good of a mood he seemed to be in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I thought so too. More than just you average talk. Plus the confirmation of work on a new album is great news.

Yeah, I hardly watch/listen to any interviews from anyone these days but I thought there were a couple cool questions and stories in this one.

• Like 1

He keeps talking about "the Fall". These festivals fall smack dab in the middle of that season. Is there any chance we hear something new at any of these shows as a teaser of what's to come?

I'm thinking of going to Austin City Limits and I'd lose my shit if they played something new.

Edited by GNRfanJen
  • Like 1