NEW Slash Interview 05/28, Confirms Work On New GNR Album!

39 minutes ago, sebagn'r said:

How many years will it be this time?

Ad Calendas Graecas.

Actually, there are a couple dates to look forward :
- When the cows come home.
- February 31th 
- When a Mute says to a deaf that he saw a crippled man running a marathon 

• Haha 1

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Team Brazil got on Slash in recent weeks about his expressing of uncertainty regarding the prospect of a new album. That's probably why we have seen this sudden shift in Slash's tone. He was probably told something like, "Look, if you want to keep cashing these endless NITL tour checks, you better start sounding more optimistic about the prospect of a new album. The possibility of a new album makes us sound more like an actual cohesive band and not just about some old, uncreative, fat guys who have chosen to come together for the sole purpose of cashing in."

And Slash was probably like, "Er, eh, yes, sir. Mr Fernando, sir."

Edited by todreamofwolves

6 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

And Slash was probably like, "Er, eh, yes, sir. Mr Fernando, sir."

This is what comes from marrying a stripper without a prenup. End result? Snivelling up to Axl's lackeys.

Edited by Towelie
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Creed said:

CD is an overproduced mess of ideas. its sounds like ademo album.

fact is, the younger the tracks the worse it got. prostitute, sorry, scraped, ...slashs , vr's and gilbys ideas were much better  a gnr product

You know, the other day I heard most of that CD-era stuff that leaked last year (was away for the summer when that onslaught of leaks happened, hence why I missed almost all of it).

at first, I thought it all sounded great, but after a few more listens, I realized that it was just hype clouding my judgement, for the most part. There was still some stuff there that I liked, but overall I would not want a new GnR album to sound that way (let alone the first GnR album of original material with slash since 1991).

so yeah, I agree that they should either make a proper album from scratch, or just not bother with it at all to begin with and keep doing NITL type tours.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

You know, the other day I heard most of that CD-era stuff that leaked last year (was away for the summer when that onslaught of leaks happened, hence why I missed almost all of it).

at first, I thought it all sounded great, but after a few more listens, I realized that it was just hype clouding my judgement, for the most part. There was still some stuff there that I liked, but overall I would not want a new GnR album to sound that way (let alone the first GnR album of original material with slash since 1991).

so yeah, I agree that they should either make a proper album from scratch, or just not bother with it at all to begin with and keep doing NITL type tours.

While I don't disagree that the Chinese era material DID suck pretty hard, I have a hard time seeing how we're going to get something much better from the modern day band considering the frontman can no longer sing, the guitarist hasn't written a memorable solo in more than a decade, and punk rocker blondie would rather be a poster-boy for the #metoo movement than contribute anything of value. Oh - and this doesn't even take into account that there is no Izzy, but instead we get Mr. big nose and a chick with blue hair.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

While I don't disagree that the Chinese era material DID suck pretty hard, I have a hard time seeing how we're going to get something much better from the modern day band considering the frontman can no longer sing, the guitarist hasn't written a memorable solo in more than a decade, and punk rocker blondie would rather be a poster-boy for the #metoo movement than contribute anything of value. Oh - and this doesn't even take into consideration that there is no Izzy, but instead we get Mr. big nose and a chick with blue hair.  

Yeah it’s hard to see the current version of the band as a real tight “unit,” but if they really do want to do a new album that holds any real merit, they’re gonna have to find a way to make that work.

i honestly wouldn’t mind just a simple EP of Axl and Slash playing together acoustically, or something to that effect.

1 hour ago, todreamofwolves said:

While I don't disagree that the Chinese era material DID suck pretty hard, I have a hard time seeing how we're going to get something much better from the modern day band considering the frontman can no longer sing, the guitarist hasn't written a memorable solo in more than a decade, and punk rocker blondie would rather be a poster-boy for the #metoo movement than contribute anything of value. Oh - and this doesn't even take into account that there is no Izzy, but instead we get Mr. big nose and a chick with blue hair.  

Axl can still sing ok live sometimes, like for 20% of the AC/DC stuff or 10% of the guns stuff. In the studio, when he has hundreds of shots at getting it right, he may be able to pull off some good vocals.... won’t know until an album drops I guess

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Axl can still sing ok live sometimes, like for 20% of the AC/DC stuff or 10% of the guns stuff. In the studio, when he has hundreds of shots at getting it right, he may be able to pull off some good vocals.... won’t know until an album drops I guess

Wow, you've set the bar impossibly high there.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah it’s hard to see the current version of the band as a real tight “unit,” but if they really do want to do a new album that holds any real merit, they’re gonna have to find a way to make that work.

i honestly wouldn’t mind just a simple EP of Axl and Slash playing together acoustically, or something to that effect.

For now Guns N' Roses are Axl, Slash and Duff. The rest are hired hands. I'm fine about that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Drexl said:

For now Guns N' Roses are Axl, Slash and Duff. The rest are hired hands. I'm fine about that.

Which album did Axl, Slash, and Duff release by themselves that gives you this confidence in them? Did you like 'The Spaghetti Incident' and you're hoping they do another covers album together? 

14 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Lol @anyone who doesn't believe that Axl will kill it on studio. He may sound like shit live nowadays (can't disagree to that TBH), but recording is a completely different beast.

It's up to him though. In the China Exchange interview he said that he knows most people didn't like the clean voice he used on CD. I think that an album with basically his AC/DC / Rock The Rock voice + The Seeker voice + Wichita Lineman voice would totally kick ass. If he, being 57 years old, can do shit like that on-stage, in a studio it's going to be 5 times better.

He needs to stay away of the clean voice because he obviously doesn't have the power that he had in 2002/2006 to make it sound good. It's going to be a Mickey fest.

So "sounding like shit live nowadays" somehow translates into magic in the studio? Umm ..

What exactly is he doing onstage at 57 years of age that doesn't sound like complete shit? Wouldn't 5x better than complete shit still be bad?

Clean voice or otherwise Axl doesn't have the power that he did more than a decade ago. So it's hard to envision that a new, make believe album would sound anything short of abominable. I think their best bet may be to try and drown him out on the album with some of Slash's post 2000, sub par riffs, or possibly one of Duff's storytelling book things could be added over most songs.

5 hours ago, Drexl said:

Yeah maybe it’d be cool if each song on the record had different people playing rhythm guitar, drums, and keyboards “around” Axl, Slash, and Duff, and during the press from the album the focus is just kept to those three.

would be a cool way to bring back Izzy, Steven, Gilby, Matt (assuming he’s not butthurt anymore), Paul, Josh, and Brain, even if just for a little bit.

Dont bring back Pitman tho. Fuck that guy. Just have Melissa re-do whatever parts of his they might wanna use. 

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, todreamofwolves said:

Clean voice or otherwise Axl doesn't have the power that he did more than a decade ago. So it's hard to envision that a new, make believe album would sound anything short of abominable. 

Studio work can be done with breaks to rest his voice, obviously he can't do that live.

Axl used to record vocals in the studio line by line - which is one of the reasons he struggles singing his songs live today - I think he could still put together a good studio perfomance. I also think that they should do a Beatles and become a studio only band for their last years. 

3 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Studio work can be done with breaks to rest his voice, obviously he can't do that live.

Axl used to record vocals in the studio line by line - which is one of the reasons he struggles singing his songs live today - I think he could still put together a good studio perfomance. I also think that they should do a Beatles and become a studio only band for their last years. 

Yes, they should, but, they won’t, because albums don’t make money these days unless you’re Taylor Swift or Beyoncé, and people will keep going to see Gnr live to watch the same setlist over and over. Yes, the crowds will get smaller, but they still make a lot of money. 

7 hours ago, todreamofwolves said:

So "sounding like shit live nowadays" somehow translates into magic in the studio? Umm ..

What exactly is he doing onstage at 57 years of age that doesn't sound like complete shit? Wouldn't 5x better than complete shit still be bad?

Clean voice or otherwise Axl doesn't have the power that he did more than a decade ago. So it's hard to envision that a new, make believe album would sound anything short of abominable. I think their best bet may be to try and drown him out on the album with some of Slash's post 2000, sub par riffs, or possibly one of Duff's storytelling book things could be added over most songs.

Nope, I checked the shit chart and 5x better than complete shit is actually considered tolerable, not bad.  Do your research.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, todreamofwolves said:

Which album did Axl, Slash, and Duff release by themselves that gives you this confidence in them? Did you like 'The Spaghetti Incident' and you're hoping they do another covers album together? 

I'm not surprised you piss all over Snakepit albums, Slash 2010 album and "Dark Days". But I have one question, which Izzy number from his 10 albums does sound like GNR? Name me one.

Lol, some people posting on this boards are simply clueless...

Few days ago I've read on this board that "new album" might be "one of the greatest in rock history" (judging by the greatness of recently released albums by old rock musicians, yep, it totally might be...), now someone posts that NuNuNuGnR should "go Beatles" and become studio only band- right, it makes sense in the Era when sales of studio albums is all time low, and demand for nostalgic concerts by rock dinosaurs is quite high...

Edited by acor
  • Like 1

On 09/06/2019 at 2:37 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Dont bring back Pitman tho. Fuck that guy. Just have Melissa re-do whatever parts of his they might wanna use. 

There would be no point redoing most of Pitman's parts, it would sound pretty much the same no matter who programs them, unless Melissa writes completely new parts to replace them.

• Like 1

On 08/06/2019 at 1:33 PM, Creed said:

CD is an overproduced mess of ideas. its sounds like ademo album.

fact is, the younger the tracks the worse it got. prostitute, sorry, scraped, ...slashs , vr's and gilbys ideas were much better  a gnr product

How can something sound overproduced while also sounding like a demo? Two contradictory statements.

Also, Prostitute was from the 90s, one of the earliest tracks written.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

There would be no point redoing most of Pitman's parts, it would sound pretty much the same no matter who programs them, unless Melissa writes completely new parts to replace them.

Good point, yeah. I guess I just don’t like pitman. He always seemed like a douche (then again, so did a bunch of them, from all the different eras).

i guess if they plan on using songs that pitman was integral to the writing/development of then yeah they might as well just keep his parts, I guess.

...god, this new record is gonna be even more of a clusterfuck than CD was...

Edited by rocknroll41

On 6/9/2019 at 10:19 AM, SoundOfAGun said:

I also think that they should do a Beatles and become a studio only band for their last years. 

There is almost no money at all in a simple release of new music these days.  Touring is where the money is now, and thus is the only way to move new music.  Hell, a lot of musicians have started giving copies of their newest CDs away with the purchase of a ticket.  Recently happened for me with Jack White.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHelgo said:

There is almost no money at all in a simple release of new music these days.  Touring is where the money is now, and thus is the only way to move new music.  Hell, a lot of musicians have started giving copies of their newest CDs away with the purchase of a ticket.  Recently happened for me with Jack White.

They have filled the retirement funds, they are all multi-millionaires again. There may be no money in making music, but it also costs less to put it out there these days; a record can be recorded at home, they could hire a crew of young producers, mixers and engineers who want to have a credit for a massive band like Guns N'Roses on their portfolio and churn out some records. They don't need to move new music or worry about making sales, they should want to put it out because they have made the music. Fuck the bottom line, let the fans hear your work, whatever it may be.

If they HAVE to have that second mansion, they could always roll out another tour and top the bank accounts up...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2