NEW Slash Interview 05/28, Confirms Work On New GNR Album!

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I just realized something.

if they use CD leftovers, the drummer would be Brain or Josh.

if they do new songs, the drummer would be Frank...

Welp... CD leftovers it is, then!

Even if they use CD "leftovers" (what they are actually not) the drum parts most likely will be replaced by Franks drumming... 

1 minute ago, ZODIAC said:

Even if they use CD "leftovers" (what they are actually not) the drum parts most likely will be replaced by Franks drumming... 

Yeah, I see what you mean. Now that I think about it, Axl probably wanted Chinese Democracy to reflect everyone that had worked on it from 1998-2008, so he probably made sure to keep at least one or two parts from all of those people somewhere on that album so that it would reflect the whole decade-plus era, in a sense.

with this new album, however, I imagine he probably would want it to strictly reflect the NITL lineup. So, even if they used old songs, he’d probably have the NITL members re-record everything.

then again, who knows what Axl is really thinking at the moment.

15 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

They have filled the retirement funds, they are all multi-millionaires again. There may be no money in making music, but it also costs less to put it out there these days; a record can be recorded at home, they could hire a crew of young producers, mixers and engineers who want to have a credit for a massive band like Guns N'Roses on their portfolio and churn out some records. They don't need to move new music or worry about making sales, they should want to put it out because they have made the music. Fuck the bottom line, let the fans hear your work, whatever it may be.

If they HAVE to have that second mansion, they could always roll out another tour and top the bank accounts up...

Agreed, and I hope to hell they do decide to start putting stuff out for the enjoyment of making music - would make me and everyone on this site happy.  But, if I am Axl, Slash, Duff, etc, I ask myself 'what is the point?' if the plan isn't to tour more and make more $.  Perhaps there is a desire to stay busy and prove people wrong by releasing a bunch of great music over the next few years.  Perhaps they realize that the opportunity to cement a legacy is closing as they near their 60's.  I don't know.  I just know that they dynamics of how musicians make money has flipped since the 90's, and pumping out new music in and of itself does not move the needle on $ - the motivation has to be from something else.

13 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

with this new album, however, I imagine he probably would want it to strictly reflect the NITL lineup. So, even if they used old songs, he’d probably have the NITL members re-record everything.

^^ this. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheHelgo said:

Agreed, and I hope to hell they do decide to start putting stuff out for the enjoyment of making music - would make me and everyone on this site happy.  But, if I am Axl, Slash, Duff, etc, I ask myself 'what is the point?' if the plan isn't to tour more and make more $.  Perhaps there is a desire to stay busy and prove people wrong by releasing a bunch of great music over the next few years.  Perhaps they realize that the opportunity to cement a legacy is closing as they near their 60's.  I don't know.  I just know that they dynamics of how musicians make money has flipped since the 90's, and pumping out new music in and of itself does not move the needle on $ - the motivation has to be from something else.

Tbh in this case, I wish their mindset are they want to proof they still can make good music and high selling album. They shouldn’t underastimate themselves, look at Queen, look at how many they sold last year, how many streamed, only for Bohemian Rhapsody.

imo guns is on almost same if not equal level with Queen in terms of being a legend. Look at how many people excited just to see Slash back on GN’R. With right PR, the album could be hit. People are dying for music that is not producer-manufactured driven. Also encourage old fans with maybe release the album in vinyl or cassette but maybe with limited copies instead of pumping out these overpriced “special” edition

• Like 1

From a newly released Slash interview (but actually older than the one in the OP of this thread, as it was recorded in April, so probably before he went to Axl's house):

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/slash-interview-guns-n-roses-future-guitars/

Rock Cellar: You recently made news. You said in an interview a month or so ago, there’s probably enough songs for a new Guns N’ Roses album, is that true?

Slash: No, you know, by the time it gets to the place where anybody’s read it, it’s morphed into something more than what I directly said. There is material that Axl’s been working on for a while. It could be enough for a record if we put it all together.
The whole thing of Guns N’ Roses getting in the studio and getting this record done — with myself and with Duff (McKagan) and all that — it’s really just getting started. So it’s really hard to say.
Everybody’s got demos, and everybody’s got material, and this that and the other, for whatever it could be. It’s just a matter of us focusing on it.
So it’s really hard to answer questions on the next Guns thing.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

From a newly released Slash interview (but actually older than the one in the OP of this thread, as it was recorded in April, so probably before he went to Axl's house):

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/slash-interview-guns-n-roses-future-guitars/

Rock Cellar: You recently made news. You said in an interview a month or so ago, there’s probably enough songs for a new Guns N’ Roses album, is that true?

Slash: No, you know, by the time it gets to the place where anybody’s read it, it’s morphed into something more than what I directly said. There is material that Axl’s been working on for a while. It could be enough for a record if we put it all together.
The whole thing of Guns N’ Roses getting in the studio and getting this record done — with myself and with Duff (McKagan) and all that — it’s really just getting started. So it’s really hard to say.
Everybody’s got demos, and everybody’s got material, and this that and the other, for whatever it could be. It’s just a matter of us focusing on it.
So it’s really hard to answer questions on the next Guns thing.

It doesn't sound like Slash or the others are necessarily sold on the Chinese Democracy leftovers being the next Guns' album. I think the majority of us can breathe a huge sigh of relief there. Also, this interview sounds eerily similar to the ones that the Nu GNR hired hands used to give back in the day when trying to make us believe that we'd be seeing a follow up to Chinese D. "We've got demos; we just got to focus on them."

Yeah. Sure, dude. We believe you. 

Edited by todreamofwolves
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

Doesn't look like there will really be an album anytime soon (if ever) and I am ok with that.  A Guns N' Roses album with Frank, Fortus and the Anime girl doesn't get me super excited. 

Both Slash and Duff said more recently it's going to happen. Also you make it sound like Fortus and Mellisa are gonna be the focus of a potential new Guns album. I think it's safe to assume Slash and Duff will be all over it and Slash makes everything sound more Guns, Duff too to a lesser extent.

7 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Both Slash and Duff said more recently it's going to happen. Also you make it sound like Fortus and Mellisa are gonna be the focus of a potential new Guns album. I think it's safe to assume Slash and Duff will be all over it and Slash makes everything sound more Guns, Duff too to a lesser extent.

Slash's last comment above seemed a bit wishy washy in regards to a new Guns album I thought. 

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

wishy washy? he confirmed it.

This sounds like a lot of back tracking and uncertainty to me. Much different than what he said a couple weeks ago. That's how I read it anyway. 

"Slash: No, you know, by the time it gets to the place where anybody’s read it, it’s morphed into something more than what I directly said. There is material that Axl’s been working on for a while. It could be enough for a record if  we put it all together.
So it’s really hard to answer questions on the next Guns thing.?

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

This sounds like a lot of back tracking and uncertainty to me. Much different than what he said a couple weeks ago. That's how I read it anyway. 

"Slash: No, you know, by the time it gets to the place where anybody’s read it, it’s morphed into something more than what I directly said. There is material that Axl’s been working on for a while. It could be enough for a record if  we put it all together.

Doesn’t this interview predate the more ‘concrete’ confirmations Slash has said?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

this interview was done before the interview Slash confirmed it and before he was at Axl's house as well.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

‘When the Conspirators tour is over, I can actually say, the plan is to get together and work on some Guns stuff. So that’s the plan at the moment. I would say there’s something [in the] studios in the not too distant future.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/14/guns-n-roses-slash-gets-inspiration-wasnt-famous-loves-download-festival-9963493/?ito=twitter?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Slash's last comment above seemed a bit wishy washy in regards to a new Guns album I thought. 

Totally agree. Exactly what I thought when I read the interview. Just the other day, big nose was telling us what the new album could sound like. Here, Slash confirms that they are just starting. And Slash didn't say anything to show enthusiasm for working on Axl's 20 year old B-sides. The interview wreaked of uncertainty if you ask me. My money is still on there never being another GNR album.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

this interview was done before the interview Slash confirmed it and before he was at Axl's house as well.

Was it? Not to say Blabbermouth couldn't be behind the times, but they just put up the interview in the past 17 hours. The article starts, "In a brand new interview with Rock CellarSlash addressed his recent comment that there are probably enough songs for a new GUNS N' ROSES album. ....."

Just now, todreamofwolves said:

Was it? Not to say Blabbermouth couldn't be behind the times, but they just put up the interview in the past 17 hours. The article starts, "In a brand new interview with Rock CellarSlash addressed his recent comment that there are probably enough songs for a new GUNS N' ROSES album. ....."

Read the latest posted by @MillionsOfSpiders was made in Download  where he plays tonight...even he is talking about going to the studio

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

@Blackstar post said this interview was previous this OP thread, in april , before that Slash went Axl's house. You can see in above Blackstar post.

I’m just glad the post about Slash’s amps being taken to Axls house was made. I reckon if that wasn’t posted then it would still be the same “ we’ll see what happens “ comments as before. Since then Slash ,Duff and Fortus comments seem to be more open and positive when talking about work on a new album ,as they know the story about Slash going to Axl’s house is out there.