NEW Slash Interview 05/28, Confirms Work On New GNR Album!

21 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Unfortunately all the news outlets have picked up the quote from the old interview that was recently published and passing it off as the latest word from Slash. Just spreading misinformation, so irritating.

The media spreading misinformation?? Never heard of it! Lol

• Like 2

On 14.06.2019 at 2:41 AM, Blackstar said:

From a newly released Slash interview (but actually older than the one in the OP of this thread, as it was recorded in April, so probably before he went to Axl's house):

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/slash-interview-guns-n-roses-future-guitars/

Rock Cellar: You recently made news. You said in an interview a month or so ago, there’s probably enough songs for a new Guns N’ Roses album, is that true?

Slash: No, you know, by the time it gets to the place where anybody’s read it, it’s morphed into something more than what I directly said. There is material that Axl’s been working on for a while. It could be enough for a record if we put it all together.
The whole thing of Guns N’ Roses getting in the studio and getting this record done — with myself and with Duff (McKagan) and all that — it’s really just getting started. So it’s really hard to say.
Everybody’s got demos, and everybody’s got material, and this that and the other, for whatever it could be. It’s just a matter of us focusing on it.
So it’s really hard to answer questions on the next Guns thing.

Fuck those guys, I'm done with them.

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Isn’t that site notorious for stretching quotes way out of context just to write bullshit articles with clickbait headlines? That’s what they always do for starwars, at least.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Isn’t that site notorious for stretching quotes way out of context just to write bullshit articles with clickbait headlines? That’s what they always do for starwars, at least.

English newspaper of a right-wing inclination, obsessed with Princess Diana conspiracy theories (and the royals in general) and Brexiteering. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

English newspaper of a right-wing inclination, obsessed with Princess Diana conspiracy theories (and the royals in general) and Brexiteering. 

LOL, everything makes so much sense now 

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Don't we already know that, though? They said a few shows and then the studio. I have no reason not to believe them. 

They’ve bullshitted us before tho. Back in 2013 someone asked Beta “will there be a new album?” And she said “sure, later this year.” Look how that turned out!

the only difference is that Slash is back now, so there’s renewed interest on a wider scale. Hopefully that renewed interest will be enough to make it happen. We’ll see, though.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

They’ve bullshitted us before tho. Back in 2013 someone asked Beta “will there be a new album?” And she said “sure, later this year.” Look how that turned out!

the only difference is that Slash is back now, so there’s renewed interest on a wider scale. Hopefully that renewed interest will be enough to make it happen. We’ll see, though.

It’s your legitimate take on the thing, buddy. However, I’ve said it here before – Slash and Duff back in the band aren’t the "only" difference, they are THE difference. Expecting the band still having the same organizational and financial internal relations like in the UYI era is a bit naive, I think. The guys would have no reason to live under a sole person’s baton, which means they have their say, and therefore when Slash says things are gonna happen, I believe things are gonna happen. 
Yep. This is no NuGNR any longer. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

It’s your legitimate take on the thing, buddy. However, I’ve said it here before – Slash and Duff back in the band aren’t the "only" difference, they are THE difference. Expecting the band still having the same organizational and financial internal relations like in the UYI era is a bit naive, I think. The guys would have no reason to live under a sole person’s baton, which means they have their say, and therefore when Slash says things are gonna happen, I believe things are gonna happen. 

That’s cute. So naive!

Nothing has changed. Gnr will release an album when Axl says so. Period.

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

As a fan, we have every reason in the world to believe that we are being bullshitted. For decades we've had Axl's employees tell us one thing, however; the end result is always another. If you think Slash & Duff being back in the band will be the difference maker, I have a bridge that I'd like to sell you. And as far as your claim that this is no longer Nu GNR, last I checked, Axl is still the boss, and we still have big nose, blue hair, and Thunder-stinker behind the drum kit.

39 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

That’s cute. So naive!

Nothing has changed. Gnr will release an album when Axl says so. Period.

That's how I guess it is too plus it's not just when the album will get released, it's how, and what will be included in it.

Or maybe it isn't and Slash and Duff do have a say in some decisions but I look at it like they joined Axl's band and they fully understand what the terms are and agreed to it cause they wanted to be in Gn'R again with everything that comes with it. (money and the sheer joy of working again with Axl) Partners, but not equal partners. Axl doesn't seem like the type of person that will give up that kind of control. Creative or financial.

I believe Axl will dictate the musical direction of the album but judging by some of the NITL shows, Axl seems to be really into Slash's playing and Duff is a "team player" so I think they'll find artistic common ground plus Slash and Duff said Axl's unreleased material is great so at least in theory they have a good starting point.

Edited by Rovim
  • GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I believe Axl will dictate the musical direction of the album but judging by some of the NITL shows, Axl seems to be really into Slash's playing and Duff is a "team player" so I think they'll find artistic common ground plus Slash and Duff said Axl's unreleased material is great so at least in theory they have a good starting point.

AKA we'll say or do just about anything if it means us being able to continue touring and making millions in the process for the foreseeable future. - GNR 2019

If I had to guess, the new album will be mostly of CD era songs, some as they were with the previous guitarists, and others with contributions with Duff and Slash. There may be a few songs that are actually new with the current members. 

This is all a guess.

6 hours ago, todreamofwolves said:

AKA we'll say or do just about anything if it means us being able to continue touring and making millions in the process for the foreseeable future. - GNR 2019

theres no money in releasing music anymore. Most of the money bands make is through touring. In order to keep touring, you usually need new music to tour with so yes, they will say or do anything to make millions in the process since this is there job and way to make money

1 hour ago, Its Tino said:

So could Axl release what was already “completed” with NuGuns as a solo LP or EP? Get on the side project train?

I think that would be a great hold over while they work on new material. 

That would be a better idea. People can get their Chinese leftovers then they can do a new GnR record with new songs.

That would be cool, but it's very unlikely. Seem like Axl wants to release everything under the GNR name.
Which is understandable, the same songs have a much better chance to get a positive reaction if Slash and Duff are on there, even if they'd play the exact same parts Finck or Bucket did. 
And he probably doesn't want to put something out NOW with Pitman, Finck etc. on there.

• Like 1