NEW Slash Interview 05/28, Confirms Work On New GNR Album!

a mix of chinese leftovers and new stuff will do me. i really don't need to hear a grown man singing a song about a machine gun or Stradlins poorly tooth. 

Slash said. "So, I was, like, 'Jesus Christ.' And that's just a pain in the ass and annoying.

Slash mate, you can't expect to walk around incognito. its not like you blend in with the crowd is it ? 

Well that’s kinda cool. Now We have progressed from that painful  “If” they will ever make a new album or even a new song to “how” they will launching the material that they (this time properly confirmed) are working on. :slash:

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. I personally hope it’s nothing like CD. I’d prefer a raw album, guitar / riff driven. Maybe an acoustic song and maybe a ballad. 

I do worry that a new album could be heavy on piano, keys and synths with the guitar taking a subtle backseat

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I hope it’s the former. Anyone ever hear those mashups of ITW/Slither and Madagascar/Measages? I would love a whole album like that. Take the vocals Axl already has and have the NITL lineup write new music around that. Then maybe we can get the original ChiDem lineup’s recordings on a bonus disc.

This would be very cool. Kind of like what they did with the last MJ album.

8 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Monopoly, 21, checkers and chess.

Just you wait and see, the next break-up will be over a game of Monopoly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

3-disc, self-titled release is the way to go. G disc, N disc, R disc. They can tour it forever, get some new songs out there, and it's the best chance to hear the most material from the CD era.

That would be rad.

One disc full of unreleased / re-recorded stuff from the 90s. Second disc full of chinese leftovers and a third disc of all-new material.

6 hours ago, Derick said:

Well that’s kinda cool. Now We have progressed from that painful  “If” they will ever make a new album or even a new song to “how” they will launching the material that they (this time properly confirmed) are working on. :slash:

We've also got the "when" of course! 

Whatever way the band goes i hope this will be what slash wants the band to be and has said before an  album-tour-album-tour cycle band like the old days. I hope this allows axl to finally get the monkey off his back with having the confidence to constantly release music. Im hoping once the album is done a second album is already recorded and ready to drop after they tour.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BadApples99 said:

That would be rad.

One disc full of unreleased / re-recorded stuff from the 90s. Second disc full of chinese leftovers and a third disc of all-new material.

That would be awedomeawesome

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

What about a three disc set? Could that be made? I'm not aware of any other artists doing that. 

I would loooooooooooove that but I think a lot of people are letting their imaginations running away with them here. Personally, I think we'll get one complete album (11-12 tracks) at the most when it happens.

For the record, I still maintain that I believe most or all of the tracks will be "chinese leftovers" with the original vocals Axl cut but in the late 90s and early 00s.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I would loooooooooooove that but I think a lot of people are letting their imaginations running away with them here. Personally, I think we'll get one complete album (11-12 tracks) at the most when it happens.

People are bad for that. :lol:

1 album, would be awesome to get 10 great new songs instead of multiple disks of stuff that wasn't good enough to come out when it was made, why would it be now?

10 minutes ago, moreblack said:

People are bad for that. :lol:

1 album, would be awesome to get 10 great new songs instead of multiple disks of stuff that wasn't good enough to come out when it was made, why would it be now?

My guess is Axl doesn't think of any of the chinese leftovers as "not good enough". However, I think we'll still only get those songs a little bit at a time.

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

What album did Aerosmith make from old material??That doesn't sound accurate.. 

And there was so much phoneyness to VH's record "um yeah, we didn't bother(i.e. can't) getting our mojo back creatively, so here's some 40 year old leftovers"

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. I personally hope it’s nothing like CD. I’d prefer a raw album, guitar / riff driven. Maybe an acoustic song and maybe a ballad. 

I do worry that a new album could be heavy on piano, keys and synths with the guitar taking a subtle backseat

I agree with all of this..  I also think it is a bad idea to release too many songs.. The more the songs, the more chance of bloated filler.. See if they can even produce one quality single album before talking triple or even double albums...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sabian11 said:

I don't mind if they put some CD leftovers on it but Please for the love of God don't name it CD II!! I'm so sick of the Chinese Democracy shit for the past 20yrs lets move on now it's done this is a new era!

AHHH FUCKING MEN!!!!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sabian11 said:

16 minutes ago, sabian11 said:

I don't mind if they put some CD leftovers on it but Please for the love of God don't name it CD II!! I'm so sick of the Chinese Democracy shit for the past 20yrs lets move on now it's done this is a new era!

It woul be commercial suicide if they title it Chinese Democracy, thing is Axl and TB are dumb enough to do it. :lol:

Edited by default_
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1