NEW Slash Interview 05/28, Confirms Work On New GNR Album!

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Would love to hear lyrics and vocals by Slash.

Also new music is now released on Fridays, not Tuesdays. Has been that way for a while.

It was more of a joke than anything..GNR jus thas a history with Tuesdays and meetings. figured i'd just tie it in.  

• Like 1

See. I want the album to be as close to CD as possible.  I view anything slash has ever put out sans Axl  as complete shit.  Rotten crotch-rock simpleton weak-minded shit.  If he overdubs some parts on CD-era tunes, fine.  Please dear god do not let him anywhere near a lyric though.

• Like 1

I don't know why many People want chinese leftovers... I mean the álbum was Just good, i mean if shacklers and scraped made the list imagine the leftovers.... And seriously have you heard Slash's post GNR more than once or even went to a live show? There are many great songs in every slash álbum. For christ sake By the sword is way better than whole chinese come on.... It's axl's ideas what scares me, not slash "generic" rock.... Bet you listened only one or two times

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

so, this is topic is not "hot" yet?. People lost interest for a new Guns record.. This topic would be 20+ pages in 2016

It feels like we’ve been told something is coming for 8+ years now. I think the fans have a right to hold tight until we see some  album art, a clip, a single, or anything that makes it real. Too many let downs. 

But to be fair I feel more at peace about all things gnr, the reunion and the time that’s past since seems to have lifted much of the mystery and excitement for what could happen next. I’m excited if they can get an album together, if they just keep touring then that’s fine. I’m not hung up on it anymore. I hope Axl and Slash have a similar feeling about what comes next. What’s done is done. There’s nothing left to prove, or get over. 

slashs post-gnr work was just as mediocre as CD imo... its the two of them writting stuff together that i wanna hear... not some cd leftovers with slash overdubs while throwing some axl vocals onto some slash ideas from 5-10 years ago... so many people wanting exactly that just goes to show how low the standards of the gnr fanbase has become over the years because of the lack of quality material. i have faith in these fuckers, even if izzy isnt involved

2 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

so, this is topic is not "hot" yet?. People lost interest for a new Guns record.. This topic would be 20+ pages in 2016

I assume part of it, is that the boards tend to be a lot less active during times where there is not a tour or a new album to discuss, whereas in 2016 everyone was here because it was the first year of the reunion tour and the hype was insane

• Like 2

At least if there is nothing is released (I think there will though), the least we should get is some interesting stuff in whatever box set it is released as a part of whenever it is released. That along with the contents it Axls vault, there is enough stuff in that vault for 10 lifetimes of releases, one day they will open the vault (hopefully!) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Slash has never released a solo song that's as good as There Was A Time or Prostitute. The only song that comes close is Anastasia... he's released a handful of other good songs, spread across 4 albums, but Axl's piano-based songs are really what brought out his best work in GNR.

I think estranged is the standard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

i get that there are quite a few people here that really enjoy the CD era and want the leftovers real bad but we havnt had and album co-written by axl and slash in fucking forever... i want the new album to be as far from CD as possible... i dont hate the album but its like been there done that now... its time for some fuckin rock n roll... i know it would be better than nothing but personally id be dissapointed if we get CD2

and i expect the marketing hype to be through the roof... if they had billboards all over the place to hype up that afd boxset, i cant imagine what we'll see for an album of new material... if there are any leftovers i expect it to be uyi leftovers... and even if there are a few cd era tracks on there im pretty sure they wont be marketed as such cuz the average fan doesnt give a flying fuck about cd

I hope its like tower records uyi record release back in  91 . The lineup outside the store at midnight all over again.

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I hope its like tower records uyi record release back in  91 . The lineup outside the store at midnight all over again.

It happened when tickets went on sale for the surprise troubadour show that kicked off the reunion tour in 2016. I don’t think it’ll happen again for a new record though. We live in the world of streaming services now. Times have changed.

Slash has great intentions, but I hope he is not underestimating Axl's ability to drag stuff out. It was May 2006 when Axl guaranteed on the radio that his album would come out in Fall 2006. Took until Fall 2008 for the actual release. 

Edited by GNRfan2008

13 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Slash has great intentions, but I hope he is not underestimating Axl's ability to drag stuff out. It was May 2006 when Axl guaranteed on the radio that his album would come out in Fall 2006. Took until Fall 2008 for the actual release. 

Maybe he heard some vocals Axl has already put down at the house? He has better hope now than he had a month ago? 

Its not beyond reality to think an album may be out before the end of the year....

But I keep away from that reality stuff....

3 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Credit Merck though. 

I really am trying not to get my hopes up, but this is really good news.  We know Slash knows how to get things done.  This whole tour had to inspire some confidence and desire to do more in all of them.  I really think this is going to happen, but then again, I thought this for the last 10 years!

11 hours ago, Draguns said:

I would love if they actually titled the album as "Stay of Execution". 

I was never enamoured with that title.

In the end, I honestly don't care what they call it as long as I get to call it "released"!

• Like 3