NEW Slash Interview 05/28, Confirms Work On New GNR Album!

Axl’s parts have likely been done for 15 to 20 years. If Slash and Duff are re writing guitar and bass parts to fit Axls vocal and piano melodies that have already been written (which is the best and most likely scenario), then they can finish the album rather quickly I’d imagine. Hopefully Axl likes what they do with the songs and doesn’t micromanage them and tell them what to play too much, that’s the 1 major thing that could delay a release.

Awesome news. Sure is nice to hear him actually say it.

Something new needs to drop as soon as possible, cause I see we're back on the same old topic of will they/ won't they recycle Chinese leftovers for the nth time. Boooring. 

Anyways... it's confirmed, it's coming, that's all I need for now. Trying to steer away from making pointless speculations; exaggerated expectations never do any good.  

Axl cant writte, the guy wrotte 5 songs on his lifetime and had to hire shadow companies to writte more material to him, maybe with Slash and Duff back he'll get his muse back and writte a new Estranged?

People say OH MIGHTY AXL IS SO EDGY, MODERN AND ARTISTIC.

But hey, the hired guns wrotte that shit, not him. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

People need to stop looking back at the past. 

The Axl of today is clearly a very different person than in the past. 

The Axl of today has shown no behaviour from the past and seems to be in a better and happier place.

Older and wiser with many different experiences both good and bad to learn from. 

The simple fact the Axl and Slash were at Axl's home studio points to a very different approach to things. 

This is very positive and fits the body language displayed by Axl and Slash being comfortable together on stage and in general life outside of touring. 

Out of likes but I just wanted to say that yes these are all very good points.

1 hour ago, default_ said:

Axl cant writte, the guy wrotte 5 songs on his lifetime and had to hire shadow companies to writte more material to him, maybe with Slash and Duff back he'll get his muse back and writte a new Estranged?

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with this. To be fair, I think the few songs he did write single handedly were really good (Breakdown, Estranged, Nov Rain, This I Love, Yestersays), but 5-6 compositions in a career spanning 30 years seems to suggest he's more a singer/frontman who wrote a few good songs, as opposed to this tortured artist/songwriter robbed of his muse.

I loved a good deal of Chinese Democracy, but Axl self-penned one song on the whole thing. I'm not saying he didn't contribute to the other tracks as well, but have you seen the writing credits to that album? It's like Schindlers List, only bigger.

Edited by Towelie

4 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Serious?

i always thought Merck was used as an excuse for it not coming out

I've never seen any evidence confirming that... Also, Axl said it would be out in March 2017. I don't believe he would have just fucked with us willy nilly... as long as the record was finished.

1 minute ago, Jordan Rose said:

Chinese songs worth more individually than literally everything the other members have done outside GN'R put together (apart from Give In To Me):

Twat, Prostitute, This I Love, Sorry, Better, Catcher, IRS.

“Yeah but that’s... just... like... you’re opinion, man.”

• Like 4

some real Axl fetish here !!

I just don't get it !!!! with out those other 4 guys....... Axl wouldn't be Axl to day !!! Same for Slash......  Guns N' Roses wil always be, Axl,Slash,Izzy,Duff and Stephen to me. No mather who you put in that band !!  No one can replace, the members that brought Appetite for destruction to life !!!!!! That band and vibe,wil never come back. Even if they live, 10 years in a studio from now !! But i will love that band until the day I die !!! Gn'R forever

• Like 2

17 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I assume part of it, is that the boards tend to be a lot less active during times where there is not a tour or a new album to discuss, whereas in 2016 everyone was here because it was the first year of the reunion tour and the hype was insane

I miss those days. Was a great and exciting time to be a fan. I'm sure whenever the new record is announced and they drop a single that feeling will return.

20 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

i get that there are quite a few people here that really enjoy the CD era and want the leftovers real bad but we havnt had and album co-written by axl and slash in fucking forever... i want the new album to be as far from CD as possible... i dont hate the album but its like been there done that now... its time for some fuckin rock n roll... i know it would be better than nothing but personally id be dissapointed if we get CD2

and i expect the marketing hype to be through the roof... if they had billboards all over the place to hype up that afd boxset, i cant imagine what we'll see for an album of new material... if there are any leftovers i expect it to be uyi leftovers... and even if there are a few cd era tracks on there im pretty sure they wont be marketed as such cuz the average fan doesnt give a flying fuck about cd

Agreed, the marketing is going to be huge for this. Can't wait to see what they do!

12 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

People need to stop looking back at the past. 

The Axl of today is clearly a very different person than in the past. 

The Axl of today has shown no behaviour from the past and seems to be in a better and happier place.

Older and wiser with many different experiences both good and bad to learn from. 

The simple fact the Axl and Slash were at Axl's home studio points to a very different approach to things. 

This is very positive and fits the body language displayed by Axl and Slash being comfortable together on stage and in general life outside of touring. 

Agreed. The fact the he is friends with Slash and Duff again (and on good terms with the others) tells us all we need to know.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Yeah, and you and the two Chinese haters who liked your post didn't say the same to the guy who wrote the reverse of my opinion.

I probably just overlooked his post, but for what it’s worth, the same would apply the other way around, considering that all art is subjective.

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

Yeah, and you and the two Chinese haters who liked your post didn't say the same to the guy who wrote the reverse of my opinion.

Im not a Chinese hater but i really like Slash's material... I have to give it to you There was a time is a masterpiece but it's the only one that matches any original GNR song. On the other hand i don't know i Just saw Slash and some songs really blew me away. Anastasia, By the sword, Lost inside the girl... And Chinese songs live were Just good for me.. But hey this is all subjective and we all want a New álbum 

On 5/29/2019 at 9:55 PM, metallex78 said:

And that’d make for 3 new albums of new material. Give us a triple album to outdo the UYI 1&2 double set. 

Realistically I meant something like 3-4 of the best Chinese takeout songs reworked and recorded, 3-4 songs stemming from the 1996 sessions reworked and rerecorded, and maybe 2-3 all new tunes

• Like 1

20 hours ago, default_ said:

Edited by Drexl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Not from Slash we haven't.  

It has really been a drawn-out process :lol:

Slash: "Yeah, we were talking about getting right in the studio [after the release of the Illusions] and doing another one. Just eight or nine, ten songs, you know?" [RAW, October 1991].

Slash: "I'm trying to write the songs at the moment" [Kerrang! May 16, 1992].

Slash: "We haven’t gotten together as a band per se and, like, started to put songs together, although we’ve been jamming a lot. You know, cuz we always jam. And so I sit around and, you know, come up with ideas and I just keep it in my head. And when, you know, everything is over with, we’ll probably get together and start trying to complete some of the ideas" [MTV, June 1992].

Slash: "As far as what’s next, last night Axl, Gilby and I were all talking about, you know, the next record and what – […] Yeah, Gilby, Axl and I. Anyway. We were talking about what the next record is gonna be like and how we’re gonna go about it. And everybody’s just really excited. I still don’t know exactly what’s gonna happen, but I’m writing songs upstairs - you know, in my room, just playing -  Gilby’s writing songs, Axl’s got ideas" [Telefe, December 4, 1992].

Slash: "But at this point, I do know that we’re gonna do this one, and we’ve already started working on stuff, so there you go. […] It’s funny, cuz there was a rumor that I was over there, yeah, and before I’d even been there. […] But I’m excited about what we’ve got going on and everything, so it’s gonna be cool. It's freakin' awesome" [WRIF Detroit Talkin' Rock with Meltdown, May 28, 2019].

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Slash: "But at this point, I do know that we’re gonna do this one, and we’ve already started working on stuff, so there you go. […] It’s funny, cuz there was a rumor that I was over there, yeah, and before I’d even been there. […] But I’m excited about what we’ve got going on and everything, so it’s gonna be cool. It's freakin' awesome" [WRIF Detroit Talkin' Rock with Meltdown, May 28, 2019].

I was of course referring to only the time since NITL started.

• Like 1