The UFO thread

Basic_GnR_Fan

I figured we needed a UFO thread on here, because I think it's a fun topic. I consider myself an open-minded skeptic on this issue. I tend to brush off stories of random guys claiming to be sexually molested by aliens, but when navy pilots give testimony that they've followed craft that can do things that are far beyond our technology, and they have video to boot, I take an interest. So here are some videos that caught my interest. So what say you, is it all crap, have we been visited by aliens, are they man-made experimental craft?

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan
  • Like 1

I think some of it is fake and maybe some of it is real. There is probably intelligent life somewhere out there, and if there is, it wouldn't be unrealistic that they are much more advanced and already visited earth.

19 hours ago, EvanG said:

I think some of it is fake and maybe some of it is real. There is probably intelligent life somewhere out there, and if there is, it wouldn't be unrealistic that they are much more advanced and already visited earth.

What about the government putting money into investigating this? A lot of people, me included, assume governments have been investigating this stuff low-key for decades. But how about an above the board program that is accountable to the public that investigates these incidents? We waste money on so much, why not throw a little at this issue!

26 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

How’d you work that out?

If there is intelligent life out there, there is a good possibility some of them are way more advanced and have the knowledge and technology to visit this planet, right?

22 minutes ago, EvanG said:

If there is intelligent life out there, there is a good possibility some of them are way more advanced and have the knowledge and technology to visit this planet, right?

I'd find it more palletable that there is life perhaps in its formative stages (which is pretty much confirmed) but there's not a lot of basis for the suggestion that there is intelligent life out there and even less that they have visited earth.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I'd find it more palletable that there is life perhaps in its formative stages (which is pretty much confirmed) but there's not a lot of basis for the suggestion that there is intelligent life out there and even less that they have visited earth.

Why not both? There are probably so many planets with life on it. We can't even comprehend how big the universe is, it's naive to think our little planet is the only one with intelligent life. I don't have proof, it's just common sense.

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

What about your opinion of the video's I've posted with military pilots having credible sightings with video. Doesn't this at least pique your interest and demand real inquiry? And I'm not even saying it has to be aliens doing this, that's just one possibility. 

21 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Why not both? There are probably so many planets with life on it. We can't even comprehend how big the universe is, it's naive to think our little planet is the only one with intelligent life. I don't have proof, it's just common sense.

Because why not isn't really a basis for a belief or any form of evidence or even something that suggests or hints towards something.

17 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

What about your opinion of the video's I've posted with military pilots having credible sightings with video. Doesn't this at least pique your interest and demand real inquiry? And I'm not even saying it has to be aliens doing this, that's just one possibility. 

I dunno man, ain't seen em yet.

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Because why not isn't really a basis for a belief or any form of evidence or even something that suggests or hints towards something.

I'm not saying I am right about this because I know as little as you obviously. So far we know very little about the universe, we have only just started discovering it. The chance of there being other planets with life on it somewhere in another galaxy is much bigger than our tiny planet being the only one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

First, no, it hasn't been "pretty much confirmed" that there is life eve in its formative stages elsewhere in the Universe.

And as for basis for assuming there is more intelligent life out there than here on Earth, may I direct you to Drake's Equation.

But I agree that it is not likely they have visited Earth. I find that notion somewhat self-indulgent. I also fear that even remarkable more intelligent species than us humans might not be able to figure out how to travel between solar systems or galaxies.

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

First, no, it hasn't been "pretty much confirmed" that there is life eve in its formative stages elsewhere in the Universe.

And as for basis for assuming there is more intelligent life out there than here on Earth, may I direct you to Drake's Equation.

But I agree that it is not likely they have visited Earth. I find that notion somewhat self-indulgent. I also fear that even remarkable more intelligent species than us humans might not be able to figure out how to travel between solar systems or galaxies.

If there aren't species that are orders of magnitude more intelligent and able to traverse large distances in space in a suitable time period, I find this thought to be extremely depressing. But yes that is possible.

What is your take on the more sober minded sightings (from navy/air force pilots like in the video's I posted). As an open minded skeptic, I just want to see some resources dedicated researching these and taking them seriously. 

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

What is your take on the more sober minded sightings (from navy/air force pilots like in the video's I posted). As an open minded skeptic, I just want to see some resources dedicated researching these and taking them seriously. 

I haven't watched them, but I am inclined to reject them. I mean, it would be strange if there weren't thousands of claims of contact with aliens, considering how many billions of times we humans have looked up at the sky and knowing how likely we are to imagine stuff. We also have to factor in people simply lying for various reasons. So no, I don't believe in anyone's testimonies, I need actual proof. Not saying it isn't possible that we have been visited, just that I find it implausible. But I am not denying it flat-out, like god's existence or ghosts or anything like that, because aliens at least doesn't require anything supernatural.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I haven't watched them, but I am inclined to reject them. I mean, it would be strange if there weren't thousands of claims of contact with aliens, considering how many billions of times we humans have looked up at the sky and knowing how likely we are to imagine stuff. We also have to factor in people simply lying for various reasons. So no, I don't believe in anyone's testimonies, I need actual proof. Not saying it isn't possible that we have been visited, just that I find it implausible. But I am not denying it flat-out, like god's existence or ghosts or anything like that, because aliens at least doesn't require anything supernatural.

I don't believe the vast majority of the stories people tell about sightings or being abducted. People tend to lie and devolve into hyperbole all the time. But my ears did perk up with the David Fravor (Navy Pilot) testimony and video as well as the other two videos with pilot voice-over that were released in late 2017 via the Department of Defense (article seen here). Those are testimonies that deserve to be taken seriously and studied, IMO.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Hasn't it?  I thought I read that shit somewhere, somewhere reputable, not the back of a crisps packet, that they'd found like...I dunno, microbes, bacteria, whatever the shits called, some sort of really basic level of life somewhere on some other planet, I probably got it wrong, to be honest I don't really give a shit about all this Jetsons bollocks.

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Hasn't it?  I thought I read that shit somewhere, somewhere reputable, not the back of a crisps packet, that they'd found like...I dunno, microbes, bacteria, whatever the shits called, some sort of really basic level of life somewhere on some other planet, I probably got it wrong, to be honest I don't really give a shit about all this Jetsons bollocks.

I am afraid not. They have found water and some of the building blocks for life as we know it. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I am afraid not. They have found water and some of the building blocks for life as we know it. 

Ah, well, that must’ve been what I read, ‘some of the building blocks for life’ it is, surely the building blocks for life is life in its formative stages, no?

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Ah, well, that must’ve been what I read, ‘some of the building blocks for life’ it is, surely the building blocks for life is life in its formative stages, no?

I wouldn't have thought so, not more than a tire is a car in its formative stages, but I will defer to the judgment of someone better in English than me. 

We have put men on the Moon and robots on Mars in a relatively short time. If there are many other planets with intelligent life out there that are thousands/millions years ahead of us and have technology we can't even fathom, then I don't see why they couldn't have visited earth. I have no proof, I can only make assumptions. I'm pretty sure a lot of those UFO sightings are not ''alien spaceships'' however.

3 hours ago, action said:

I'm sure one day, they'll find intelligent life on earth

Don't be so hard on yourself, you are a relatively smart person for a Belgian.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'll get my coat now...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anyone have any thoughts on the video's I posted. How about specifically the David Fravor one? It's the most credible UFO sighting that I am aware of. I listened to a longer form podcast with him and he was with a whole squadron of guys who were flying above in formation when he dove down to check this object out. I would assume when these guys retire they'll come out publicly too. The video that was captured on the same day was actually from another squadron that went out after Fravor and saw the same object. So we have two different fighter squadron's that saw this thing do things that aren't physically possible with known technology, with video evidence.

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

I watched them and my thoughts are this.

If the universe(s) are infinite then surely there is alien life somewhere, it's certainly at least possible. There's literally millions and millions of species just on our one planet(we're still discovering new species and 95% of the oceans are unexplored) so it would be beyond narrow minded and strange to ignorantly decide there could be nothing else. Especially if there are other dimensions.

That being said here are my doubts. People can't always be trusted whether they deceive intentionally or not and I do not trust the pentagon etc so wouldn't necessarily believe what they have to say or show. But why would they lie/present fake footage? Well, disinformation isn't only for foreign countries it's for citizens too. To control. The very normal word 'conspiracy'(I say normal because conspiracies have always been an ongoing part of human civilization) is no longer normal, it has been altered(intentionally I believe) into a buzzword to categorically dismiss said thing as silly information not just to be ignored but even immediately mocked and attacked indefinitely. Some examples of people who I believe are knowingly or unknowingly disinformation agents are David Icke, Alex Jones and Donald Trump. In current times you cannot even discuss or question potentially plausible and legitimate conspiracies like the JFK assassination or 9/11 or even state certain facts like MK-Ultra or the mind control drug that naturally grows in Columbia - without having your sanity aggressively called into question by people whose brains are being bombarded by pop-culture "Duh I heard something like that in a movie so it can't be true and you must be crazy and believe in aliens and stuff. END OF ANY DISCUSSION." 

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.

Oh there's no question that David Icke and Alex Jones are disinfo agents. They poison the well of any discussion from a legitimate conspiracy and turn into cookspiracy. For instance on 9/11, a legitimate question would be what did US and other foreign intelligence agencies know about the plot beforehand. But disinfo Jones instead talks about garbage like there no planes, a missile hit the pentagon, mini-nukes blew up the towers, etc. And we know that CoIntelPro was a thing in the past. So yes, another possibility here is that this is a disinfo campaign from the feds. However, I think these video's document real encounters and I think David Fravor himself is acting in good faith and being honest. But here's my deeper theory, I think the feds have been investigating this stuff for decades, off the books. But these recent disclosures are a way of them getting this info out to the public, little by little, without ever have to say how long they've been looking at this stuff and without disclosing everything they've found. So they get to disclose that this is a real phenomenon, while making themselves look like heroes, rather than people who have been hiding things and lying about this for a long time. But again, that part is just me theorizing.