The UFO thread

Basic_GnR_Fan

Interesting article about how light affects brain consciousness: https://www.lifecoachcode.com/2017/09/21/scientists-discover-biophotons-in-the-brain-hint-consciousness-light/?fbclid=IwAR3VE8HPHspWlwJNb6x9vPB17omicwPtXKKF0JPvy4t0z0UXi8ORRGIZF0Y

Is National Geographic still a good serious source? I didn't know they did UFO docs until seeing this clip: 

9 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

:lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And you kind of buried the lead, KK. I almost didnt notice that over 250 000 people have signed up to raid Area 51!! With like 280 000 others expressing interest!? I know its a joke, but with those numbers you just know some people will show up! 

"Lets see them aliens!" :lol: Bless em, hope no one gets shot or sent to the Upside Down World for experiments. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I usually don't take much notice of the shapes in space stuff, which I think is explained by how our wonderful brain works, finding meaning from our memory, called pareidolia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

When I was looking out at the North Sea recently, from the UK towards Scandinavia, there was a gap in the clouds, and some high clouds looked like mountain peaks, making me think that's why ancient people thought there were other worlds in the sky; for me at that moment, I think I could at times forget science and all I've learnt in this life, sinking deep into the amygdala, where our knowledge past on from our ancestors resides, and imagine/believe it was Valhalla.

Congressman Mark Walker recently has made some noise and sent a request to the Secretary of the Navy to get clarification on some of the UFO issues. 

https://walker.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/walker-discusses-reports-uap-encounters-sends-letter-navy-secretary

Since the decision to end the AA TIP, has the Department continued to both log reports/sightings and fully investigate the origins of the accounts? Does the Department continue to dedicate resources to tracking and investigating the claims? If so, to what measure? Has the Department found physical evidence or otherwise that substantiates these claims? 

• 4 weeks later...

Only the fast high manoeuvrability UFOs that started this thread are of interest now, as so much human stuff in sky, like this NASA experiment explained:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6899505/NASA-says-mysterious-dancing-blue-lights-spotted-Arctic-caused-vapor-tests-NOT-aliens.html?fbclid=IwAR0bEA-_R0MXtqVb3D2KafHrgyVxM4QoCMbmD7Tc0sFW_Nzw8Eo8wisZTGY

On August 5, 2019 at 4:03 AM, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Another reason for some mistaken UFO cases, and pilot errors, is a phenomenon of light bending on the horizon, called Fata Morgana:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fata_Morgana_(mirage)

250px-Farallons_islands_miragep.jpg

A sequence of a Fata Morgana of the Farallon Islands as seen from San Francisco

Those images make me hear Aunt Beru calling "Luke? Luuuke" hehe

Very cool demonstration of that. Im sure thats been a factor in many cases.

40 minutes ago, soon said:

Those images make me hear Aunt Beru calling "Luke? Luuuke" hehe

Very cool demonstration of that. Im sure thats been a factor in many cases.

Yes, I saw a recent documentary investigating the Bermuda Triangle that put that forward.

Another documentary, investigating a lot of plane crashes/disappearances in the north-west of the USA concluded they were down to how air passing over the mountains created a down draft strong enough to down planes: https://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Mountain_Waves

I think it's important to cancel out all but the most intriguing incidents, which for me and this thread's originator, are the mysterious super fast and adaptable UFOs; and sometimes super-sized; as reported by many pilots. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2019 at 2:17 PM, SoulMonster said:

I am afraid not. They have found water and some of the building blocks for life as we know it. 

If there is water then how is there not life? 

If you have water wouldn’t you at least have algae? Algae can conduct photosynthesis and is   In it’s primitive stage at least a single cell organism

25 minutes ago, Download said:

If there is water then how is there not life? 

If you have water wouldn’t you at least have algae? Algae can conduct photosynthesis and is   In it’s primitive stage at least a single cell organism

Because life requires more than just water. I addition to an energy source (which there is on Mars), life also requires complex molecules that can somehow replicate themselves*, and there doesn't seem to be enough of such molecules on Mars. Or at least we haven't found them.

* Of course we only know life as it exists on Earth, where the complex molecules are carbon-based. In theory, life elsewhere could consist on other types of molecules (like be silicon-based instead of carbon, although that results in fewer potential molecules). Or even not be made out of molecules at all. This is the topic of extrabiology, which is a funny scientific discipline in the sense that it is all just theory.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Because life requires more than just water. I addition to an energy source (which there is on Mars), life also requires complex molecules that can somehow replicate themselves*, and there doesn't seem to be enough of such molecules on Mars. Or at least we haven't found them.

* Of course we only know life as it exists on Earth, where the complex molecules are carbon-based. In theory, life elsewhere could consist on other types of molecules (like be silicon-based instead of carbon, although that results in fewer potential molecules). Or even not be made out of molecules at all. This is the topic of extrabiology, which is a funny scientific discipline in the sense that it is all just theory.

What I’m saying is if there is water then there has to be algae and algae even in a primitive stage is at least a single cell organism. 

Edited by Download

7 hours ago, Download said:

What I’m saying is if there is water then there has to be algae and algae even in a primitive stage is at least a single cell organism. 

No, algae requires complex carbon-based molecules in addition to water, which isn't abundant on Mars.

Besides, if life had evolved on Mars, there is no reason to assume it would result in classes of species identical to those found on Earth. So "algae" or "plants" or "mammals" would likely not arise, but other types of lifeforms that would fill the unique ecological niches found on Mars. 

• 2 weeks later...

Overview of some of the most famous cases: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techandscience/21-eerie-facts-about-ufo-sightings/ss-AAGNyU9?ocid=spartanntp#image=10

Antarctica one a good case, UFO seen by many different militaries doing 'impossible' manoeuvres, such as zig-zagging and reversing:

UFO Sightings at Scientific Stations in Antarctica, July 1965 

By Richard H. Hall

Sources: The UFO Evidence, Vol. II, 156-58, 315-16; Capt. Daniel A. Perisse, "Deception Island UFO Sightings," in MUFON 1987 International UFO Symposium Proceedings (Mutual UFO Network: Seguin, TX, 1987), 142-54. Transcriptions of official communiques were published in the July 1965 edition of Revista National de Aeronautica (National Aeronautics Magazine) in Argentina.

During mid-winter in Antarctica in July 1965, while the region was cut off from the rest of the world, the summer 1965 UFO wave was in progress in the United States, South America, and Australia. Scientific observers at Antarctic research stations manned by personnel of three nations observed brightly colored objects maneuvering in the sky. Scientific instruments detected a disturbance coincident with one of the sightings. Before this, there had been three sightings of puzzling phenomena in June. Then the July sightings triggered international news reports.

July 2, 1965. English Base "B," Deception Island. 7:15 P.M. Clear sky. Five meteorological observers saw a green and red light, occasionally turning yellow, to the north. The object zigzagged, hovered, and at times accelerated, remaining 20 to 45 degrees above the horizon, Duration: 15-20 minutes.

July 3, 1965: Argentine base, Laurie Island. 5:03 P.M. Two meteorologists observed for 15 seconds a round, bluish-white object moving east to west "on a parabolic path." Two variometers (magnetic field measuring instruments) "registered sudden and strong disturbances of the magnetic field. ..."

July 3, 1965: Chilean base, Deception Island. 7:20 P.M. Clear and starry night, waning moon. Nine meteorological observers watched for 20 minutes a maneuvering yellow-red object, occasionally changing to green, yellow, and orange. The object traveled at high speed with an oscillating motion, hovering at one point, leaving a steam-like trail in its wake. It moved from about 40 degrees above the horizon in the north to 45 degrees above the horizon in the southwest, where it disappeared in the clouds.

July 3, 1965: Argentine base, Deception Island. 7:42 P.M. Shortly after the sightings at the Chilean base, 17 people (including 3 visiting Chilean personnel) observed a lens-shaped disc that maneuvered erratically across the sky for about an hour. The object changed colors (red, yellow, green, orange, blue, white) as it zigzagged from a position about 30 degrees above the horizon in the north-northwest. During the sighting the object hovered, accelerated, reversed direction, and changed in luminosity. At times it went behind some clouds, but it

was also seen in front of some cirrus clouds. Finally, it disappeared to the northwest, decreasing in size and gaining altitude.

Argentine Navy Statement

On Tuesday, July 6, 1965, the Argentine Navy released the following statement to news media about the sightings:

"The Navy garrison in the Argentinean Antarctica, Decepcion Island, observed on July 3 at 19:40 hours local time, a giant, lens-shaped flying object, solid in appearance, mostly red and green in color, changing occasionally with yellow, blue, white and orange shades. The object was moving on a zig-zag trajectory toward the east but several times it changed its course to the west and north with varied speeds and without sound. It passed at an elevation of forty-five degrees above the horizon at a distance estimated to be about 10 to 15 kilometers from the base.

"During the maneuvers performed by the object, the witnesses were able to register its changes in velocity and also the fact that it hovered motionless. The meteorological conditions for the area of the sighting can be considered as very good for this time of the year: clear sky, some strato-cumulus, moon in the last quarter and perfect visibility. The object was witnessed by the meteorologist together with 10 members of the garrison. The observation lasted for 15-20 minutes and photographs of the object were taken.

"In the afternoon of the same day the same object was sighted from the Argentinean base on the South Orkney Islands, moving away toward the northwest (330 azimuth), about 30 degrees above the horizon, estimated distance 10-15 kilometers."

In a radio bulletin broadcast on Wednesday, July 7, 1965, Lt. Daniel Perisse confirmed the sightings:

"[The garrison] observed an extremely brilliant object, moving toward the north with variable speed, sometimes hovering, displaying sudden accelerations and changes of direction. The characteristics of the object and its motion were such that the possibility of a weather balloon, a plane or a star were ruled out. . . . The sighting took place during the night hours, in total darkness attenuated only by some moonlight. The attempt to photograph the objects was doomed to failure considering the low sensitivity of the film used, the distance, and the prevailing darkness.

Department of Defense documents discovered by Jan L. Aldrich show that data on the Antarctic sightings were circulating in the U.S. intelligence community. One documented originated by the U.S. Air Attache office in Santiago, Chile, on 23 July 1965 includes quotes from radiograms and news reports. The basic information conveyed was that Chilean nationals stationed at an Antarctic base had seen an object zig-zag across the sky, sometimes hovering and changing color from red to yellow to green on July 3/4.

About the same time personnel at the Argentine base on Decepion Island reported a lens-shaped (disc) object flying on an "oscillating course, sometimes hovering and changing colors (yellow, green, and orange). The disc was tracked by "theodolite and powerful field glasses" , and Cpl. Uladislao Duran Martinez was reported to have taken 10 color pictures.

A few hours earlier on the same day, Argentine meteorological observers had watched a luminous white object moving at high speed from east to west that according to a Santiago newspaper on July 4 "caused magnetic changes in their geomagnetic instruments, registering changes notably out of the normal."

http://www.nicap.org/docs/antarctica/650703rep.htm

the electromagnetic force is far stronger than gravity. I bet that's what's powering their spaceships.

Seeing how there are "electromagnetic highways" in our milky way, which is responsible for the distribution of stars, it might be possible they use these highways to their advantage or something.

Magnets fascinated me as a kid. opposite poles attract, but the same poles repel each other. Effectively allowing an object to "float" without an apparant energy source.

• GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...

Relevant to the story that started this thread, US Navy confirm UFOs are being considered seriously real:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techandscience/ufo-videos-are-footage-of-real-unidentified-objects-us-navy-acknowledges/ar-AAHry6b?ocid=spartanntp

Even headline news on LouderSound, with Blink-182 Tom DeLonge linked to it, as he's now a researcher:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/us-navy-confirms-ufos-are-real-thanks-to-tom-delonge

'Speaking to Motherboard, Navy spokesperson Joseph Gradisher confirmed that “the Navy considers the phenomena contained/depicted in those three videos as unidentified.” They also confirmed that the objects were violating American airspace.

This is significant because, unlike with other videos or documents where authorities have managed to identify the objects as weather balloons or similar, the Navy had no such explanation in any of these three cases. The only logical explanation according to world's UFO enthusiasts? Aliens, obviously.'

• Like 1

Storied times. That Trump comment is weird - if he's a doubter then space force is just to attack humans from space then?

Hearing CD2 and finding out that aliens are real all in one week would be a lot to take in. Maybe the aliens leaked the tracks to demonstrate that they come in peace? Maybe Buckethead is an alien?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, soon said:

Storied times. That Trump comment is weird - if he's a doubter then space force is just to attack humans from space then?

Hearing CD2 and finding out that aliens are real all in one week would be a lot to take in. Maybe the aliens leaked the tracks to demonstrate that they come in peace? Maybe Buckethead is an alien?

The real reason Space Force is going to be a thing is to stay a step ahead of China. Who knows what Trump's real view on these UFO sightings are. 

4 hours ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Relevant to the story that started this thread, US Navy confirm UFOs are being considered seriously real:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techandscience/ufo-videos-are-footage-of-real-unidentified-objects-us-navy-acknowledges/ar-AAHry6b?ocid=spartanntp

Even headline news on LouderSound, with Blink-182 Tom DeLonge linked to it, as he's now a researcher:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/us-navy-confirms-ufos-are-real-thanks-to-tom-delonge

'Speaking to Motherboard, Navy spokesperson Joseph Gradisher confirmed that “the Navy considers the phenomena contained/depicted in those three videos as unidentified.” They also confirmed that the objects were violating American airspace.

This is significant because, unlike with other videos or documents where authorities have managed to identify the objects as weather balloons or similar, the Navy had no such explanation in any of these three cases. The only logical explanation according to world's UFO enthusiasts? Aliens, obviously.'

This is a big blow to the debunkers who were claiming these objects were just other conventional aircraft. This, I believe is a first, where active military command is saying there is a phenomenon that they don't understand in the skies. 

• GNFNR 1

On 18/09/2019 at 10:03 AM, action said:

what a load of bollox

they're talking about the "threat of ufo's" as if it's a plague of caterpillars or something. 

if these are real UFO's, and if they are a threat, then it's naive to think we can defeat them lol.

I guess if they are more advanced, they are like uncontacted tribes seeing our modern aircraft when they flew over, who just see our aircraft as UFOs.

By the sound of the UFOs' advanced capabilities you'd think they could have defeated us already, but maybe they're only able to fly a few craft over to our planet; although some reports have seen dozens; so couldn't take over the planet even if they wanted to?

The likelihood is that even if they exist they are either generally friendly observers; although they may do a little kidnapping, experimenting and resources acquiring too,  as we've done on our travels, and plan to do in the future; or there's not enough to take over the world.

On 18/09/2019 at 9:52 AM, soon said:

Don't know about Trump or Obama, but Bush Sr apparently looked into it and was warned off, or thought public couldn't handle it:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8002550/george-bush-sr-took-ufo-secrets-to-the-grave-because-americans-couldnt-handle-the-truth-lobbyist-claims/

Jimmy Carter had a good clear sighting of a UFO:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter_UFO_incident

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Don't know about Trump or Obama, but Bush Sr apparently looked into it and was warned off, or thought public couldn't handle it:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8002550/george-bush-sr-took-ufo-secrets-to-the-grave-because-americans-couldnt-handle-the-truth-lobbyist-claims/

Jimmy Carter had a good clear sighting of a UFO:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter_UFO_incident

Really neat article. To think that the fight against disclosure may have caused Carter to release Bush from his role at the CIA and potentially put in motion Bushs new role in the Raegan era and beyond. 

The people couldn't handle disclosure or the American Civic Religion - a tool of control and repression - couldn't handle disclosure, there Bush Sr? I mean, no one gives a rats ass about the climate crisis, so I guess no-one would care about any other potential existential threats. :shrugs: Unless its like "Tiny Force Ghost Rey has been living up your butts by night and flying rockets around to mutilate cows for the last century." Im pretty sure that we'll either get along or die.

Aliens or no aliens Id really like to know what the crafts are! 

So weird how only one of an estimated 20 witnesses in the Carter sighting claim to remember what he does. And that witness down plays it. Im inclined to fully truest Carter on this one (I find him to be a reasonable person). Must have taken some hardcore MIB operations on all those folks.

• GNFNR 1

23 hours ago, soon said:

Really neat article. To think that the fight against disclosure may have caused Carter to release Bush from his role at the CIA and potentially put in motion Bushs new role in the Raegan era and beyond. 

The people couldn't handle disclosure or the American Civic Religion - a tool of control and repression - couldn't handle disclosure, there Bush Sr? I mean, no one gives a rats ass about the climate crisis, so I guess no-one would care about any other potential existential threats. :shrugs: Unless its like "Tiny Force Ghost Rey has been living up your butts by night and flying rockets around to mutilate cows for the last century." Im pretty sure that we'll either get along or die.

Aliens or no aliens Id really like to know what the crafts are! 

So weird how only one of an estimated 20 witnesses in the Carter sighting claim to remember what he does. And that witness down plays it. Im inclined to fully truest Carter on this one (I find him to be a reasonable person). Must have taken some hardcore MIB operations on all those folks.

Yes, I find Wikipedia quite sceptic/minimalist on UFOs. They probably consider them sensational, like the BBC and UK broadsheets: more tabloid fodder.

But that might change with the new recognitions, like that originated this thread, and was updated this week.

I first saw the Carter story on The Unexplained Files, which is of course more sensationalist:

Edited by Axl's Agony Aunt
longer video
  • Like 1