Rambo: Next Blood

Rambo: Next Generation Blood

Rambo: Next Generation Blood 2

Rambo: Bus Pass Blood

Rambo: Retconned Blood

Rambo: Rebooted Blood

Rambo: Remake Blood

And then the cycle continues.

You heard it here first. In fairness I enjoyed the last one. 

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rambo: Last Blood

Rambo: Next Blood

Rambo: Next Generation Blood

Rambo: Next Generation Blood 2

Rambo: Bus Pass Blood

Rambo: Retconned Blood

Rambo: Rebooted Blood

Rambo: Remake Blood

And then the cycle continues.

You heard it here first. In fairness I enjoyed the last one. 

lol thanks for making me laugh!

I think all these icon's (stallone, arnie, ford) should have quit at least two decades ago, at the top of their games. One last classic action movie at the end of the '90s would have been a fitting ending to truly iconic careers. But none of them did. The end of the '90s was an opportunity missed for all of them. And as the saying goes "when the opportunity rises, you have to catch it before it flies away over the ocean". At the end of the '90s all of them were still in prime physical shape and capable of portraying badasses doing justice to their best work. Film makers were also not afraid to show grit and edgy dialogue. But for some reason none of that happened. Then 9/11 came and went, and it had a drastic influence on the entertainment industry. From that moment on, it wasn't allowed to "have some fun" anymore. I don't know how to explain this statement, but I'm sure some people will get my drift. The world became soft thereafter. Fear of offending people began right there and right then.

In the aftermath, some actors like bruce willis vowed to never make an action movie again. Of course that didn't last long, but as time went on these actors got older, the movie industry changed and all hope for another classic action movie went forever.

Fast forward almost 20 years, and we get woke ghostbuster, woke batman, woke superhero movies, and now woke terminator. At least this new rambo movie doesn't seem to contain any forced politics, but stallone is.... old. The tone of the trailer is depressing and everything about this ("last") screams end of life melancholy. Couldn't be further removed from the vibrant, exciting, violent but humorous action movies from the '80s and '90s.

Edited by action

37 minutes ago, action said:

I think all these icon's (stallone, arnie, ford) should have quit at least two decades ago, at the top of their games. One last classic action movie at the end of the '90s would have been a fitting ending to truly iconic careers. But none of them did. The end of the '90s was an opportunity missed for all of them. And as the saying goes "when the opportunity rises, you have to catch it before it flies away over the ocean". At the end of the '90s all of them were still in prime physical shape and capable of portraying badasses doing justice to their best work. Film makers were also not afraid to show grit and edgy dialogue. But for some reason none of that happened. Then 9/11 came and went, and it had a drastic influence on the entertainment industry. From that moment on, it wasn't allowed to "have some fun" anymore. I don't know how to explain this statement, but I'm sure some people will get my drift. The world became soft thereafter. Fear of offending people began right there and right then.

In the aftermath, some actors like bruce willis vowed to never make an action movie again. Of course that didn't last long, but as time went on these actors got older, the movie industry changed and all hope for another classic action movie went forever.

Fast forward almost 20 years, and we get woke ghostbuster, woke batman, woke superhero movies, and now woke terminator. At least this new rambo movie doesn't seem to contain any forced politics, but stallone is.... old. The tone of the trailer is depressing and everything about this ("last") screams end of life melancholy. Couldn't be further removed from the vibrant, exciting, violent but humorous action movies from the '80s and '90s.

Stallone was making pure shit throughout the 90s and 00s though.  From Rocky V to well into the 00s Stallone was making absolute cack really.  And I say this as a massive fan.  What good films did he make in that period?  And I don't mean ones you/we just have a personal fondness for, I mean actually quality films.  Copland, Demolition Man, thats about it.  If he had come out with more Rambos and Rockys that quickly they would've been ridiculed, in hindsight they've benefited from the distance he put between them and himself because people sort of grow fond for them and they have that age thing to give it a touch of poigniancy.  Before Rocky Balboa he was fast becoming box office poison.

26 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Stallone was making pure shit throughout the 90s and 00s though.  From Rocky V to well into the 00s Stallone was making absolute cack really.  And I say this as a massive fan.  What good films did he make in that period?  And I don't mean ones you/we just have a personal fondness for, I mean actually quality films.  Copland, Demolition Man, thats about it.  If he had come out with more Rambos and Rockys that quickly they would've been ridiculed, in hindsight they've benefited from the distance he put between them and himself because people sort of grow fond for them and they have that age thing to give it a touch of poigniancy.  Before Rocky Balboa he was fast becoming box office poison.

tango & cash (1989) and cliffhanger (1993) were pretty good. Edgy, nasty and relevant. Demolition man (1993) was great laughs too. The total recall of stallone. Still got the eye of the tiger there.

And absolutely, Rocky V was depressing.

The end of the 90's "could" have provided a great comeback, but for some reason it didn't happen. Some training, some getting back into shape and a great director would have been all that what was needed to produce another classic.

15 minutes ago, action said:

tango & cash (1989) and cliffhanger (1993) were pretty good. Edgy, nasty and relevant. Demolition man (1993) was great laughs too. The total recall of stallone. Still got the eye of the tiger there.

And absolutely, Rocky V was depressing.

The end of the 90's "could" have provided a great comeback, but for some reason it didn't happen. Some training, some getting back into shape and a great director would have been all that what was needed to produce another classic.

I recall Cliffhanger getting slated when it came out though I remember liking it personally.  Haven't seen it since around the time it came out and I was about 11 years old then but I do remember liking it.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I recall Cliffhanger getting slated when it came out though I remember liking it personally.  Haven't seen it since around the time it came out and I was about 11 years old then but I do remember liking it.

it had some ridiculously violent scenes in them, reminiscent of "commando" and the likes. I also remember the promotion of this movie and being a 12 year old kid this looked totally awesome. I've only seen the movie once or twice, but I think kids of that age are the best judge of this stuff. My instinct never lied to me, that's why I wasn't the only one to think rocky V and last action hero sucked. Somehow, and I think movie producers are mistaken here, you can't fool a 12 year old kid with smoke and mirrors.

12 minutes ago, action said:

it had some ridiculously violent scenes in them, reminiscent of "commando" and the likes. I also remember the promotion of this movie and being a 12 year old kid this looked totally awesome. I've only seen the movie once or twice, but I think kids of that age are the best judge of this stuff. My instinct never lied to me, that's why I wasn't the only one to think rocky V and last action hero sucked. Somehow, and I think movie producers are mistaken here, you can't fool a 12 year old kid with smoke and mirrors.

Thats a REALLY astute observation, I like that, thats why certain movies are slated by critics, actions movies specifically but its not limited to that...but they're kinda like cinematic comics almost?  And I don't mean that to be a dig, you kind of have a purity of intent at that age in your approach to movies.  Its weird that all these movies are like Rated 18 when like, pre-teen and teen boys are kinda the core audience I feel.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Thats a REALLY astute observation, I like that, thats why certain movies are slated by critics, actions movies specifically but its not limited to that...but they're kinda like cinematic comics almost?  And I don't mean that to be a dig, you kind of have a purity of intent at that age in your approach to movies.  Its weird that all these movies are like Rated 18 when like, pre-teen and teen boys are kinda the core audience I feel.

I remember seeing a small snippet of "copland", lasted maybe a couple of seconds, and I saw fat Stallone and that's the last I saw of it. I've never seen the movie but I never heard my friends talk about it either. So I guess nothing lost there.

When something is great, it doesn't need long explanations. It doesn't need long stretched intro's building up to "the good part". No, the best stuff is direct, in your face and doesn't need compromises or smart changes. You see this need for "change" and "artistic value" and it hurts movies more than it does good. The best stuff is made unintentionally, it happens when a director makes an almost "on the fly" decision without thinking too much, and boom you have classic moments like "we need a bigger boat" or "you forgot to say please". Stuff like that, it's grown to meme status and not because some creative panel discussed for two days what direction to take with a movie

13 minutes ago, action said:

I remember seeing a small snippet of "copland", lasted maybe a couple of seconds, and I saw fat Stallone and that's the last I saw of it. I've never seen the movie but I never heard my friends talk about it either. So I guess nothing lost there.

When something is great, it doesn't need long explanations. It doesn't need long stretched intro's building up to "the good part". No, the best stuff is direct, in your face and doesn't need compromises or smart changes. You see this need for "change" and "artistic value" and it hurts movies more than it does good. The best stuff is made unintentionally, it happens when a director makes an almost "on the fly" decision without thinking too much, and boom you have classic moments like "we need a bigger boat" or "you forgot to say please". Stuff like that, it's grown to meme status and not because some creative panel discussed for two days what direction to take with a movie

There's much in what you say, especially in the field of action movies, its the reason why things like The Expendables never really hit the same 80s action movie mark that they were going for I think.  Having said that there's a lot to be said for the indirect approach in the right instances, if not so much in the action movie genre. 

On 1.06.2019 at 11:40 AM, Len Cnut said:

They actually did, there's an alternate ending knocking about on youtube to First Blood where that shit happens:

If it was better executed, it could have been a brilliant ending. But still better than the original one, without that stupid, cheesy song.

On 5/31/2019 at 5:41 AM, Silent Jay said:

Why not making Rambo Vs The Terminator instead of making another sequel?

Rambo is taking on gangs now. Can't wait to see him kick their asses!

I always said if Arnold, Sly and Chuck were sent to war torn countries, I bet they would solve it all. lol Only kidding, but in the movies they are so damn bad ass. Don't we have real men and women like this?

I love the Rambo and Terminator movies, so I'm anxious to see them both.

• 1 month later...
On 06/06/2019 at 9:53 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Rambo is taking on gangs now. Can't wait to see him kick their asses!

I always have a fondness for like black and latino gangs in American movies, I dunno why :lol:  Like, you dont wanna see em get fucked up.  I guess its like a minority thing.