The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

I'm so excited this is happening! Waited 35 years for this. The original movie was the first DVD I ever bought back in 2000. This is a 10 episode series on Netflix and a prequel to the original movie. Using real puppetry and only some CGI . It looks Amazing! Mark Hamill, Simon Pegg and Andy Samberg provide some recurring voices. Several of the original characters have returned also.

Edited by 31illusions
  • Like 3

Might look silly, but it looks more like The Dark Crystal than Terminator sequels look like Terminator.

I do though still confuse the dark crystal with Labyrinth though for some reason anytime I think about it though.

Definitely going to watch this.

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I wasn't a fan, but I liked the movie with David Bowie. That had some cool characters.

Interesting, you didn't like The Dark Crystal. Both movies were made by Jim Henson, based on conceptual designs of Brian Froud, and utilized many of the same puppeteers. I must say I had a little crush on Jennifer Connelly back then too. ;)

On 6/2/2019 at 6:30 PM, marlingrl03 said:

^ Ditto....huge, huge, huge fan of Labyrinth, but the Dark Crystal was just ok in my book. That being said, this trailer looks pretty epic and I will for sure watch it.

Thanks for posting it @31illusions:thumbsup:

My daughter loves Labyrinth too. Bowie looked so cool in this movie. I don't know why I just didn't like the Dark Crystal movie?

yeah, Jim Henson was a genius. He passed away too soon too.