Two Mexico dates in October!

3 minutes ago, Ratam said:

At least them would invite Gilby to sing "Tijuana Jail" :D

2 minutes ago, default_ said:

Tijuana would be the perfect opportunity to call Gilby onstage, get hid of Axl and perform the SUPERB Tijuana Jail. 

@Ratam we posted the same thing at the same time :lol:

That would be awesome. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lame ass security said:

No worries.  I'll just wait until they play Compton, East St. Louis, or Caracas.

LOL i in fact will risk it by hitting guadalajara cause concerts in mexico rule regardless 

once when i was 19 i was in a taxi and didn't know my way around they dropped off in the worst part i managed to hide in a laundry mat then in a hooker hotel till my friend picked me up at night

un uniformed cops with machine guns, kids prostituting u know 

26 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

LOL i in fact will risk it by hitting guadalajara cause concerts in mexico rule regardless 

once when i was 19 i was in a taxi and didn't know my way around they dropped off in the worst part i managed to hide in a laundry mat then in a hooker hotel till my friend picked me up at night

un uniformed cops with machine guns, kids prostituting u know 

I hear ya, I've been in dicey situations more times than I should have.  I havent "jumped in the water too many times to make it home", yet.😄  that would be a cool thread, btw.

Edited by lame ass security

lol at people thinking there'd be new music played on a mini festival tour. It's a cash grab, folks. "They" haven't released new material in more than a decade. Slash and Duff are the "new" lead guitarist/Tommy constantly talking about new material that never materializes. 

Such is life. There's no money to be made in record sales anymore, so overblown, long nostalgic tours it is. 

2 hours ago, Crazyman said:

lol at people thinking there'd be new music played on a mini festival tour. It's a cash grab, folks. "They" haven't released new material in more than a decade. Slash and Duff are the "new" lead guitarist/Tommy constantly talking about new material that never materializes. 

Such is life. There's no money to be made in record sales anymore, so overblown, long nostalgic tours it is. 

Totally right about record sales, sadly.  Being a musician, it sucks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crazyman said:

That is true but i hope they are wanting to increase their discography.  Metalluca have said they like releasing new music because they still enjoy the recording and songwriting process which is cool, im sure slash still does with SKMC. Gnr is a different story.

8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

That is true but i hope they are wanting to increase their discography.  Metalluca have said they like releasing new music because they still enjoy the recording and songwriting process which is cool, im sure slash still does with SKMC. Gnr is a different story.

Agreed Mate, and well said. GnR is wayyy different unfortunately. Like you mention, despite no money in new music it is the release of their art and the journey itself that some bands/artists enjoy, like Metallica, Slash, and so many of their peers. Unfortunately one Axl Rose is forever suffering from severe new music constipation - he just finds it too hard to get out 😁

Edited by DownUnderScott
Incomplete
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2019 at 8:45 PM, todreamofwolves said:

SO, another round of 60% GNR, nearly identical set lists, and a possible new cover. Exciting times ..

No, I'm assuming all the current members of GNR will play these shows :)

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 9:47 PM, default_ said:

Tijuana would be the perfect opportunity to call Gilby onstage, get hid of Axl and perform the SUPERB Tijuana Jail. 

@Ratam we posted the same thing at the same time :lol:

Or they could invite Gilby to open the shows.. Slash could join him onstage for  "Tijuana Jail" and  "Cure Me or Kill Me".. Then maybe Gilby could join Guns onstage for a cover of "Dead Flowers"?  This band could use some Gilby for sure...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Or they could invite Gilby to open the shows.. Slash could join him onstage for  "Tijuana Jail" and  "Cure Me or Kill Me".. Then maybe Gilby could join Guns onstage for a cover of "Dead Flowers"?  This band could use some Gilby for sure...

Indeed, "Cure me or Kill me"  great song too.

• Like 2