Two Mexico dates in October!

59 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I've seen Gilby play twice at NAMM and met him too. Great guy and he puts on a good show.

Never got to see him solo but but saw him 3 times with Guns and once with Slash's Snakepit.  They played both Tijuana Jail and Cure Me at the Snakepit show..

• Like 4

On 6/3/2019 at 6:39 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Or they could invite Gilby to open the shows.. Slash could join him onstage for  "Tijuana Jail" and  "Cure Me or Kill Me".. Then maybe Gilby could join Guns onstage for a cover of "Dead Flowers"?  This band could use some Gilby for sure...

That would be great but the show in Tijuana is already pretty booked with RATT, Quiet Riot, Queensryche, Havok and others. A guest spot would be killer and fitting though. 

Jesus Christ. I paid 3335 pesos for a pit ticket. That's the most I've ever paid for a GNR show, hell, maybe any gig!

For anyone else trying to get tickets to Guadalajara it's stubhub.com.mx. Can't believe tickets are sold through StubHub, I thought that was just a reseller site...

• 2 months later...
On June 14, 2019 at 12:21 PM, Amir said:

Jesus Christ. I paid 3335 pesos for a pit ticket. That's the most I've ever paid for a GNR show, hell, maybe any gig!

For anyone else trying to get tickets to Guadalajara it's stubhub.com.mx. Can't believe tickets are sold through StubHub, I thought that was just a reseller site...

Its sad. Apparently its becoming a common practice for bands and promoters to put huge blocks of tickets straight to stubhub to make a greater profit. This on Metallica, recently:

According to Billboard's report, Roux and Millette conspired to resell up to 4,400 tickets per show for 20 Metallica concerts on the WorldWired North American tour. For each show, Millette would be given access to 2,640 premium tickets and 1,780 so-called “troubled” seats, those difficult to sell because they are far from the stage or only have a partial view.

Revenue from the deal would be split among the various parties, with 40 percent going to Metallica, 40 percent to Live Nation, 12 percent to DiCioccio and 8 percent to Millette. A separate source claimed Live Nation’s share was lower. Though Millette worked to sell to sell more than 88,000 tickets over a six month period, Billbord claims that he ultimately lost money on the deal. Metallica’s tour ended up grossing $111 million in 2017.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/metallica-live-nation-tickets/

A nasty way to treat fans if you ask me.

18 minutes ago, Amir said:

Cool seeing these painted around town:

gfkW6dM_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Very cool! To my ignorant eyes the style of the logo looks Mexican too which is neat (unless Im mistaken :lol:).

10 hours ago, soon said:

Its sad. Apparently its becoming a common practice for bands and promoters to put huge blocks of tickets straight to stubhub to make a greater profit.

Yeah I've read that article before and know what you mean, but in this case StubHub was/is the primary ticket vendor, which I've never seen before. Looking at that photo I took again, I can actually see stubhub.com.mx below the GNR logo. Very odd.

9 hours ago, Amir said:

Yeah I've read that article before and know what you mean, but in this case StubHub was/is the primary ticket vendor, which I've never seen before. Looking at that photo I took again, I can actually see stubhub.com.mx below the GNR logo. Very odd.

Oh that is really odd, thanks for clarifying. And you said it may have been the most you have paid? So it’s not seeming as though they are suddenly acting as a primary vendor? 

Do you know if you paid the face value?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2019 at 5:32 AM, soon said:

Oh that is really odd, thanks for clarifying. And you said it may have been the most you have paid? So it’s not seeming as though they are suddenly acting as a primary vendor? 

Do you know if you paid the face value?

Yeah, it's face value, they're the only vendor.

Had a look at the site just now, there are still 4471 front of stage tickets left: https://global.stubhubtickets.com/stubhub_lt/es_ES/entradas/evento/15658/session/881082/select

I've mentioned the gig to a few people here and the consensus seems to be that it's too expensive and Axl still has the reputation of turning up late etc. I think this gig will end up far from selling out unless they dramatically cut prices.

1 hour ago, Amir said:

Yeah, it's face value, they're the only vendor.

Had a look at the site just now, there are still 4471 front of stage tickets left: https://global.stubhubtickets.com/stubhub_lt/es_ES/entradas/evento/15658/session/881082/select

I've mentioned the gig to a few people here and the consensus seems to be that it's too expensive and Axl still has the reputation of turning up late etc. I think this gig will end up far from selling out unless they dramatically cut prices.

Or maybe add another major band as support.

• 3 weeks later...

zNFK31o.png

For people in GENERAL B, they can upgrade to Closer View for 800 pesos.

GENERAL B tickets (now sold out) were 1850 pesos before fees, so the total will be 2650 pesos.

I paid 2900 pesos before fees for mine, so it's a 250 pesos saving, which isn't that much to be honest.

They'll need a good opener or further discounts to sell the remaining 3787 Closer View tickets.