Loco-Motive

Loco-Motive  

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

It's really difficult to try and get excited by a band that's missing 40% of its classic era lineup, but does include a singer that can't sing anymore.

What are you going here if thats how you feel about the band? :shrugs:I'm not saying your logic is invalid lol

4 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

It's really difficult to try and get excited by a band that's missing 40% of its classic era lineup, but does include a singer that can't sing anymore.

I usually agree 100% but this song is different... The riffs are all Slash... The Duff bass lines are cool as hell and the verses are in a register/tone that Axl can still nail.... They could  still do this song justice... Where's Matt though??

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DK6 said:

Axl used to struggle for breath singing locomotive in the 90's.

Not sure how he'd go now!

Would still love to hear it though. Love to see slash let loose on that one!

He struggled with coma in the 90s aswell but pulls it off consistently. Even if his voice sounds shit 90% of the time

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

He struggled with coma in the 90s aswell but pulls it off consistently. Even if his voice sounds shit 90% of the time

I have only heard one or two COMA's from back then but never thought of Axl as struggling.. Chicago and maybe Tokyo?  

43 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

Axl's voice would be even more disappointing if we had the Appetite 5 right now. As far as Locomotive goes, that was not an Izzy song in any way. He didn't even help record it. 

3 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Axl's voice would be even more disappointing if we had the Appetite 5 right now. As far as Locomotive goes, that was not an Izzy song in any way. He didn't even help record it. 

Slash came up with his riffs for Locomotive in Izzy's house though right? Weren't they basically getting high together while the song was being constructed? So technically...Izzy was involved :P

To answer the thread question - nah. Axl can't pull it off. This song could be great as an instrumental jam...too bad the drummer sucks.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I have only heard one or two COMA's from back then but never thought of Axl as struggling.. Chicago and maybe Tokyo?  

Locomotive was way less consistent than Coma was, back in the 90s. They only played Coma 4 times (I think): Richfield '91, Tokyo '92, Chicago '92, and Omaha '93 (the one on Live Era), and all the performances were good except they fucked up the outro at the '91 show. But I think Locomotive could actually sound pretty good now, if Axl used his sort of deep nasally speaking kind of voice (similar to how he sings The Seeker or parts of Better) and Melissa did the highest vocal parts.

Locomotive would be great. Think the slash/Richard combo would nail it. As for drums I have no faith in Frank. It would be very dry sounding. I think he's a decent drummer but the sound of his drums are very dry, especially the snare and toms. Cymbals he just needs to stop using the china. 

Axl could pull it off. Maybe not the chorus where he used to scream, but the verses he'd nail. I'd even like if they swapped it with coma every once and awhile. Comas great and all but would be a nice change every once and awhile. 

Now if they can do locomotive they could definitely pull off dead horse

1 hour ago, todreamofwolves said:

The sad thing is Axl can actually sing, he shows that in AC DC, he just does not give a shit in GNR and just mails it in.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pskihq92 said:

What are you going here if thats how you feel about the band? :shrugs:I'm not saying your logic is invalid lol

Maybe he's not here for the current circus, but, you know- for the classic band???

4 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Fat shaming aside, He was and looked extremely fit back then so he could do the song, now im not so sure.

3 hours ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Locomotive would be great. Think the slash/Richard combo would nail it. As for drums I have no faith in Frank. It would be very dry sounding. I think he's a decent drummer but the sound of his drums are very dry, especially the snare and toms. Cymbals he just needs to stop using the china. 

Axl could pull it off. Maybe not the chorus where he used to scream, but the verses he'd nail. I'd even like if they swapped it with coma every once and awhile. Comas great and all but would be a nice change every once and awhile. 

Now if they can do locomotive they could definitely pull off dead horse

Well if duff can do a passable dead horse version from his gig with shooter axl has no excuse.

Edited by Sydney Fan

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I usually agree 100% but this song is different... The riffs are all Slash... The Duff bass lines are cool as hell and the verses are in a register/tone that Axl can still nail.... They could  still do this song justice... Where's Matt though??

You know if i had a twitter account i would post a request to matt that the next he wants to do a little video of him drumming on a song like he did with YCBM where he posted on his twitter , id love him to do the loco intro.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1