Loco-Motive

Loco-Motive  

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’m struggling with Axl singing Locomotive but hell I didn’t think he could pull off Coma but he did 

The song would be epic live - The beat and Axl going off would be sic - Slash shredding the riff and solos - The outro wah solo could turn into a whole different jam by its self - could see that going for 10 minutes - Be insane 

On 02. 06. 2019. at 8:40 PM, EvanG said:

Are you kidding me? I like Izzy and Gilby more too, but they are average guitar players at best, Fortus is technically better than Slash. He could play a song like this way better than Izzy or Gilby.

nah. he can be as skilled as he wants but Gilb/Iz are much better fits when it comes down to that type of music and playing with Slash.

there are 1000 singers better than Ax, but only Ax fits Guns sound best.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

nah. he can be as skilled as he wants but Gilb/Iz are much better fits when it comes down to that type of music and playing with Slash.

there are 1000 singers better than Ax, but only Ax fits Guns sound best.

I agree that they fit better with Slash, but I was talking specifically about this song. I think someone like Fortus could play a technically challenged song like Locomotive more tight than Izzy and Gilby.

7 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I agree that they fit better with Slash, but I was talking specifically about this song. I think someone like Fortus could play a technically challenged song like Locomotive more tight than Izzy and Gilby.

Richard is a  phenomenal guitar player but Slash played all the guitars on the number 

All Richard would have to do is hold time - Izzy - Gilby And Fortus could do it in their sleep 

Edited by TMAC20

1 minute ago, TMAC20 said:

Richard is a  phenomenal guitar player but Slash played all the guitars on the number 

All Richard would have to do is hold time - Izzy - Gilby And Fortus could do it in their sleep 

I don't think many people can play the main riff in Locomotive in their sleep at that speed.

1 hour ago, TMAC20 said:

I’m struggling with Axl singing Locomotive but hell I didn’t think he could pull off Coma but he did 

The song would be epic live - The beat and Axl going off would be sic - Slash shredding the riff and solos - The outro wah solo could turn into a whole different jam by its self - could see that going for 10 minutes - Be insane 

You are the second person that I saw post that he pulled off COMA.. He performed it but I wouldn't say he pulled it off.. Aside from a couple marginal exceptions the end was consistently pretty bad. 

2 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Tinnitus is a bitch, lol, I know.

Yup.. Hundreds of live shows, motorcycles, the NAVY and being in a band for awhile did it to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMAC20 said:

Sooo about that guitar.... lol what a guy :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

You are the second person that I saw post that he pulled off COMA.. He performed it but I wouldn't say he pulled it off.. Aside from a couple marginal exceptions the end was consistently pretty bad.

It was a highlight in 2016.... but it was downhill from there. By the time they played the Apollo or Rock In Rio, and we finally got soundboard recordings, it was just depressing to listen to :no:

• Like 2

I would love to hear Locomotive, but i think they should probably stick to songs that are in Axl's natural range, Bad Obsession, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy (like the version at the HOB 2012), The Garden; and ideally have Izzy come back for Dust N' Bones and 14 years. Locomotive could work, but i'm just wondering if the song is too fast, rather than Axl only using Mickey.. He's very weird about using it, like during Madagascar he can just sing the entire  song like he does the opening verse, yet he cranks Mickey right up for the second..

6 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

I would love to hear Locomotive, but i think they should probably stick to songs that are in Axl's natural range, Bad Obsession, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy (like the version at the HOB 2012), The Garden; and ideally have Izzy come back for Dust N' Bones and 14 years. Locomotive could work, but i'm just wondering if the song is too fast, rather than Axl only using Mickey.. He's very weird about using it, like during Madagascar he can just sing the entire  song like he does the opening verse, yet he cranks Mickey right up for the second..

He could use that sort of nasally speaking voice, like he uses on parts of Better or The Seeker for example, or how he used to sing the Nightrain verses, while Melissa does the higher vocals. They actually sound really good when they harmonize like that, Axl and Melissa, like at the end of Sorry or Chinese Democracy. I still think Duff could do lead vocals on Dust N Bones, too.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He could use that sort of nasally speaking voice, like he uses on parts of Better or The Seeker for example, or how he used to sing the Nightrain verses, while Melissa does the higher vocals. They actually sound really good when they harmonize like that, Axl and Melissa, like at the end of Sorry or Chinese Democracy. I still think Duff could do lead vocals on Dust N Bones, too.

That might work, but could he sing in that style so quickly? Man, i wish Jeff Beck wouldn't have blown his ears out before the Paris '92 show... could have a soundboard of Locomotive

29 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He could use that sort of nasally speaking voice, like he uses on parts of Better or The Seeker for example, or how he used to sing the Nightrain verses. I still think Duff could do lead vocals on Dust N Bones, too.

The voice he uses on the Seeker is great.. He still delivers with conviction and swagger when using it... Too bad he doesn't use it a lot more.. Duff could certainly sounds good enough singing Dust N' Bones to play it but it would be ten time s better with Izzy on guitars and Vocals.. Still better than not playing it though. 

• Like 2

guys axl can pull it off! how the fuck he pulled off giving the dog a bone

axl slacks on gnr but acdc took it to another level

he can do it - he just needs to decide not to get fucked up the night before a concert 

i wrote off axl vocally prior to acdc and for bits of 2016 on gnr mostly when he was in the chair he got the entire rasp back 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

24 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

guys axl can pull it off! how the fuck he pulled off giving the dog a bone

axl slacks on gnr but acdc took it to another level

he can do it - he just needs to decide not to get fucked up the night before a concert 

i wrote off axl vocally prior to acdc and for bits of 2016 on gnr mostly when he was in the chair he got the entire rasp back 

Not get f'ed up the night before a show?  What's that about?  

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

The voice he uses on the Seeker is great.. He still delivers with conviction and swagger when using it... Too bad he doesn't use it a lot more.. Duff could certainly sounds good enough singing Dust N' Bones to play it but it would be ten time s better with Izzy on guitars and Vocals.. Still better than not playing it though. 

Yea, the verses on stuff like The Seeker and Slither are awesome, he could probably still perform even the fast parts of Locomotive if he used a voice closer to his natural speaking range... like how he sang the Nightrain verses in '06, or even how he sang parts of Bad Obsession in the 90s (it was more exaggerated but it's a similar nasally-speaking-voice kind of 'accent').

Dust N Bones would sound awesome with Duff on lead and Axl/Melissa/Dizzy on backing vocals, even Slash backing vocals on the '...just fuckin gone!' line.

6 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

That might work, but could he sing in that style so quickly? Man, i wish Jeff Beck wouldn't have blown his ears out before the Paris '92 show... could have a soundboard of Locomotive

when Beck blew his ears, they should have given us another gem - ie Breakdown, Bad Apples, Dead Horse Back off...  Not to say they could have tried with Perry. They hadn't even played Pretty tied up.

13 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Not get f'ed up the night before a show?  What's that about?  

axl mentioned while touring with ACDC that he chose not to drink as the songs were very challenging and he wanted to be on his best

in GNR it appears he did not follow the same discipline hence the mickey mouse outcomes and he had slash to really lean on

i think its as simple as that - axl can return to his prime glory if he eases off the booze and shit for a bit 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

axl mentioned while touring with ACDC that he chose not to drink as the songs were very challenging and he wanted to be on his best

in GNR it appears he did not follow the same discipline hence the mickey mouse outcomes and he had slash to really lean on

i think its as simple as that - axl can return to his prime glory if he eases off the booze and shit for a bit 

Gotcha, I do remember reading that.  So does Axl not adhere to this while touring with Guns?

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Gotcha, I do remember reading that.  So does Axl not adhere to this while touring with Guns?

Apparently not.. He wasn't to be top notch out of respect for Angus.. Obviously he doesn't have the same respect for the fans who fill his pockets... Cutting back on the drinking, taco bell and getting in shape would most likely do wonders for his performance... 

• Like 3