Loco-Motive

Loco-Motive  

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Frank might bring it down, but Fortus would probably balance it out tbh... I think it'd be one of the moments where Fortus got to shine, even though he wouldn't be playing lead. Maybe extend the outro and let him and Slash trade licks for a while, but I think he'd compliment Slash well throughout the song.

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

But Slash

That makes it better but I can't help noticing all the stuff Frank is doing to mess it up.

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Frank might bring it down, but Fortus would probably balance it out tbh... I think it'd be one of the moments where Fortus got to shine, even though he wouldn't be playing lead. Maybe extend the outro and let him and Slash trade licks for a while, but I think he'd compliment Slash well throughout the song.

Apples and oranges. A good guitarist can't make up for a bad drummer. I've come to accept Fortus but I still don't like Frank's playing, especially after seeing SMKC killing it lately on tour. A great drummer makes all the difference...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

On the subject of Slash's lyrical abilities, he wrote ''Be the Ball'' on the first Snakepit album. I believe it is an existential art song exploring the conceptual reality of being a pinball. 

Yeah, It's hard to believe Dylan or Lennon never got around to writing about that.  

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

On the subject of Slash's lyrical abilities, he wrote ''Be the Ball'' on the first Snakepit album. I believe it is an existential art song exploring the conceptual reality of being a pinball. 

lmao

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I’m not gonna go off topic - hiliarious u think he only wrote be the ball - never heard 5 o clock somewhere then 

28 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

I’m not gonna go off topic - hiliarious u think he only wrote be the ball - never heard 5 o clock somewhere then 

I assumed Dover (or Gilby on his) wrote the lyrics on the rest considering his name is credited.

On 04/06/2019 at 10:48 PM, TMAC20 said:

This is 1 of the Slash guitars I own - it’s yours if u can prove me wrong 

I'm super confused by this video!

Is it out of sync or something?

Your fingers are not playing what I'm hearing!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DK6 said:

I'm not even going to follow him to watch the video because he's full of it and owes buddy that guitar lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DK6 said:

ThAts a old video -out of sync ain’t the word - that’s called old school dial up for internet before fiber optic came into play - Video is over 15 years old - It’s a brutal Sloppy version that I try to throw my own licks in with a Boss Digital Delay - which Guitar u want  the red one or the tiger striped one 

Edited by TMAC20
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Slash said in his book that he wrote about half of the lyrics for that record and that it should be obvious which ones he wrote because they are about Axl.

Thank you - It’s Ezy the ones he wrote - when I got my copy of Five o clock somewhere when it came out - I listened non stop for days - I told my buddies this isn’t good - Most of these lyrics are about Axl - I’m a fanatic man -

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

God please no lol  Especially on this song!

I get why people would dislike that idea but, I think of it this way: his licks and solos don't fit the jam in Rocket Queen, but on the other hand he compliments Slash well on Wish You Were Here and the Chinese Democracy solo. I don't think he'd get too 'weird' on a Locomotive outro jam, like on Rocket Queen or Don't Cry, but I know the potential is there. It'd be cool to hear him expand on the metal-ish verse riffs and not try to match Slash's bluesy/funky licks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I get why people would dislike that idea but, I think of it this way: his licks and solos don't fit the jam in Rocket Queen, but on the other hand he compliments Slash well on Wish You Were Here and the Chinese Democracy solo. I don't think he'd get too 'weird' on a Locomotive outro jam, like on Rocket Queen or Don't Cry, but I know the potential is there. It'd be cool to hear him expand on the metal-ish verse riffs and not try to match Slash's bluesy/funky licks.

The reason it doesn't fit in the RQ jam is because he insists on playing his own weird stuff instead of just sticking to something that fits the vibe of the song. It clashes so much with the rest of the song, Slash's solo included. I remember watching Vegas 2016 night 1 on Periscope and when he started playing his RQ solo I was like wtf is he doing.