Underrated Slash solos

TMAC20

Mine and I have a bunch - I’ll start with 

The Alien by Snakepit on “ Ain’t Life Grand” 

Killer tone and licks - Mean sounding tone with a dive bomb to end the solo 

Bends from Hell man - Slash making the strings sing - the whammy bar dancing around and then some mind blowing bends on a pentatonic scale ending with the dive bomb - Pure Emotion 

Edited by TMAC20

4 hours ago, EvH said:

Crazy Life. 

(Underrated as hell,  like the album.  Way jetter than WOF and LTD). 

Agree Crazy Life is such a great song. And that solo has every little Slash hallmark possible in it.

But my pick would be outro of Battleground. It's also Myles favourite Slash moment, see what he says here @1:15, and another moment I really love in that song is when instead of continuing to climb up with the building outro riff he goes back to a chord at 6:38, that totally caught me offguard the first time I heard it.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Yeah, just look at him: https://youtu.be/i4vxl3cwQI4?t=312 - 5:40 my (and apparently his too) favorite moment of that solo.

Lol that's great. They need to play it on the current tour. Would love for Slash to have his extended solo spot there, that chord progression is just so great

Serial Killer is sweet from Snakepit - 

Messages from Vr is SIC 

Street Child is a master piece 

Beneath The Savage Sun is shredders delight - outstanding 

Edited by TMAC20
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

No one has mentioned "You Got No Right".. That solo is pretty damn sweet

that's a great one. I prefer it over the Fall To Pieces solo which is also damn good. Contraband may not have a lot of Slash's guitar all over the tunes like on other albums but it's full of great solos imo.

• Like 2

On 12.6.2019 at 11:24 PM, Free Bird said:

Gravedancer... haven't heard it in ages but remember how I loved the solo.

I don't remember much from Libertad but I remember the solo in "Cant Get It Out Of My Head" being really good. And it's a cover which I didn't know for a long time lol.

On 12.6.2019 at 11:38 PM, Rovim said:

that's a great one. I prefer it over the Fall To Pieces solo which is also damn good. Contraband may not have a lot of Slash's guitar all over the tunes like on other albums but it's full of great solos imo.

+1 for You Got No Right. That starting run of the solo gives me goosebumps everytime

23 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

+1 for You Got No Right. That starting run of the solo gives me goosebumps everytime

Also reminds me of the starting run from the Starlight solo and Myles did a pretty good job leading up to it as well

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1