The Best chinese democracy songs performance

This post was created to talk about the best performance of the songs of the Chinese democracy

Here a little list of in my opinion the best performance of some chinese democracy álbum

-Madagascar - Boston 2002

If the world - Porto alegre 2010

This i love - Puerto rico 2010

Sorry - O2 Arena 2012

Riad N the Bedouins - Pukkelpop 2002

Scraped - Osaka 2009

There was a time - San Diego 2016

5081847485_dbb8956bdf.jpg

Edited by Panic! Ah the Jungle
error

My favourite clip of IRS is only about a minute long but it's awesome, from Edmonton 2010. I saw them the night before, but there's no good videos from that show as security were pricks. The 2010 Canadian tour had some great performances of CD songs. Also:

Shackler's Revenge - London 2010

Sorry - Sydney 2010

If The World - Lima 2010

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Panic! Ah the Jungle said:

This post was created to talk about the best performance of the songs of the Chinese democracy

Here a little list of in my opinion the best performance of some chinese democracy álbum

-Madagascar - Boston 2002

If the world - Porto alegre 2010

This i love - Puerto rico 2010

Sorry - O2 Arena 2012

Riad N the Bedouins - Pukkelpop 2002

Scraped - 2009

There was a time - San Diego 20165081847485_dbb8956bdf.jpg

That's an awesome pic of Axl, when was that taken?

I’ll say based on pro-shots, soundboards and IEM sources I know:

Chinese Democracy - Las Vegas 04/09/2016

Shackler’s Revenge - Las Vegas 12/30/2011

Better - New York 2017 (Apollo 2017)

Street of Dreams - Las Vegas 2001 (House of Blues 2001) or Boston 2002

Sorry - Los Angeles 2011

Madagascar - Boston 2002

This I Love - Las Vegas 11/09/2012

Edited by diegodasilva23

"This i love". Palestra italia, Brazil. 13/3/10. guitar solo is shite but Axls vocals are great on that one. 

"Better" from Rock AM Germany. 2006. 

"sorry" London 2012.

i can't wait to hear what @DieselDaisy favourite Chinese Democracy performances are :lol::lol::lol:

I'm only interested in vocals: For overall consistency with just insane power, control and range Bucharest 2010 is unbelievable. There are few better versions of any Chinese songs. Plus the bootleg is stunning A+ quality.

If The World: Toronto 2010. Even if you don't like the song, this is a must listen just for Axl's ad-libs in the breakdown before the last chorus and then the fucking SICK "Heyyyy heyyy heyyy heyyy yeeeeaaahhh!" he does into the last chorus. 

This I Love from Arnhem Gelredome 2010. Best This I Love vocal ever. I think there's only one version which cuts in during the first line but the vocal is high and center and the power is just insane. In 2010 he started really holding the notes at the end of Madagascar and TIL for ages and made it sound so effortless.

If you haven't heard it i'd highly recommend the whole Toronto 2009 boot. It's interesting because his voice was more of a clean/rasp mix like 06/07 than once he went full chainsaw in 2010. Plus it was only a few shows in and still feeling his way around the new songs so there's lots of power and a different feel to 2010. I really like the first verses because his voice isn't the full rasp yet and it's kinda wobbly in places and sounds vulnerable more like the album and then the scream hits.

For a 2002 vocal I think Madagascar Cleveland beats Boston but unless you're into the 2002 band version on the clean voice i've no idea why you'd pick that over 90% of '06-'10.

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

How can you possibly say San Diego 2016 TWAT when you have Hammerstein 2006 TWAT...

Please don’t share any YouTube links here if you don’t want them to be deleted :lol:

WE've only got that one video-cam recording of Hammerstein Twat that's kinda C+ audio, plus Axl flakes on the screams before the solo and it's BBF@s first go at the solo having only been allowed to listen a couple times on someone's laptop. But that said, it's the only performance ever where Axl is comfortable and actually singing and performing and into the lyrics as opposed to just trying to make it through.

If you haven't heard it listen to the Madrid 2006 version, it is an absolute car crash. He sounds like a dying cat XD Makes 2016 sound epic!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, username said:

Scraped sounds best when they don't play it at all. 

Yeah, even on his best day in 2010 he can't replicate the studio thing. I mean, with the alternate voice he does in the verses goin from deliberately weak/wobbly/fragile to powerhouse and then the chorus is in the mid-range that sounds flat and weak in comparison. Scraped should have been a B-Side. 

4 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Did Axl ever do that insane scream into the guitar solo of IRS that is on the studio version live?

I've heard pretty much everything out there and to my knowledge he never even went anywhere near it. The best you're gonna hear is on Bucharest 10 or RAR 06 like people have said where he chainsaws a much lower note. 

I've always found it odd because he'll go for insane notes every night in Heaven's Door, Jungle and other places but he's just never tried that IRS note. I mean even near the end of 2017 somewhere he literally was building into the pre-chorus high note on Twat and it just wasn't there. But he was going for it. IRS, never. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Street of dreams Dublin 2010, at least vocally. Axl was on fire. The Blues, Boston 2002. Chinese Democracy also Boston. IRS from Rock Am Ring is awesome, TWAT easily from NYC 2006

I'll have to re-visit Boston Blues, never remembered it being a big deal. 

Forgot about Dublin '10. For any new people, Axl had a strop that night and performed most of the set literally stood still at his mic stand so not only did you get insane 2010 vocals (he still gave 100%) but without catching his breath from running. I need to re-visit that too. 

14 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Pretty sure that’s the look Axl was rockin’ during the UCAP Tour (and maybe Europe after)- so early/mid 2012...

Ha! Or not... see below. Lol.

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

1 hour ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

“Madagascar” - RIR III ‘01

His rich, deep, clean vocals in the verses were great, never heard like that again on Madagascar. In 2002 he sounded way more pinched. 

But then he totally flakes on the high notes whick kills it for me. 

5 hours ago, username said:

Scraped sounds best when they don't play it at all. 

I was wrong,So sorry

11 hours ago, lame ass security said:

its from Reading & Leeds Festival 2010

https://ugc.kn3.net/i/760x/http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/readingandleeds/2010/artists/gunsnroses/img/overlay3.jpg

• Thanks 1