Your Favorite Band Member - Past or Present

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Gotta stick to my guns (no pun intended). I never mean any ill will towards Slash or his fans, but Robin is just my guy :)

Robin's solo on the second half of Better and his solo on TIL are some of my favorite moments on Chinese!   I think he was a great mix of the blues based world people like Slash come from and the new direction Axl wanted to go in - the bluesy counterpoint to having Bucket in the band

Edited by WhazUp

Just now, RussTCB said:

Gotta stick to my guns (no pun intended). I never mean any ill will towards Slash or his fans, but Robin is just my guy :)

That's how it should be, everyone has their faves and have every right to say so...unless it's Pitman :lol:

• Haha 2

Izzy and Slash are probably tied,

If you listen to that dirty blues laiden riffs they lay out, from You're Crazy on Live Era, Appetite For Destruction, Dust N' Bones, The Garden, Civil War, 14 Years; they have this sound that is so heavy. I'm not the kind of person that really enjoys modern metal, just seems like a repetitive bunch of bands copying Slayer for the last 15 years. The sound that Izzy and Slash brought to GN'R, mixed with the real-life lyrics and the grittiness of the band, puts them in a unique position for me.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, D.. said:

Axl, obviously. I'd have zero care for GN'R without Axl.

When I saw the movie "Rocketman", I couldn't help imagining a biopic with Axl. It would be amazing if done the right way. I don't think everything could be told in one movie, it should be at least two movies. The first part would be the rise and fall of the band (with Axl's highs and ultimate lows in his private life) so much to talk about and to show. The second part would concentrate on Axl's life between 1997 and 2009/2010.

Axl is one kind of a guy. He is the kind of person you only see in fiction normally. He doesn't quite fit with the human realm.

I couldn't tell better myself, the kind of person you only see in fiction. There he's a myth lol

• Like 1

So it's gotta be Axl, aside from his talents which have been discussed endlessly here and I fucking love his voice and all. BUT he is also the most crazy fucked up but coolest bad ass frontman or well musician in general and unique person with a very own view on many things  and thats what I love, he is so damn unusual without being disturbing gross or freaky that it keeps being interesting whatever the man does

Edited by GNRmello77
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Izzy and Slash are probably tied,

Slash and Izzy go together like peanut butter and jelly.  And they are the reason I loved AFD before I really knew much about each band member back in 1987.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Slash and Izzy go together like peanut butter and jelly.  And they are the reason I loved AFD before I really knew much about each band member back in 1987.

My thoughts exactly! The rifffs on Rocket Queen, Brownstone, Jungle, Paradise, are comparable to any tandem in music. 

• Like 2

Mr. Dizzy fucking Reed - the man, the myth, the legend. He saved that band, he elevated them from mediocrity to greatness. His brilliant playing literally made 'Get in the Ring' work. Fuck, he made that band work after all the chaos that surrounded them. Dizzy's a genius, he's better than Herbie Hancock. All hail Dizzy!