Guns N' Roses featured on Breaking The Band

Guns will be featured on an episode of Breaking The Band on Reelz TV.  It's scheduled to air June 16th at 10PM Eastern, following an episode on Motley Crue.  I've watched a number of episodes and it's not bad but the biggest drawback is band members aren't involved or interviewed.  But it should be somewhat interesting to see who is interviewed.  Another thing is that the actors who portray the artists usually look nothing like them and it's hilarious.  Anyway, thought I would give everyone a heads up about the show.

Guns N' Roses - Breaking The Band [FRANSAD] ://bit.tube/play?hash=Qmeg6otLxr9nYp761z3zSzRxgL7tiA4avUdHTSo1c3jrYx&channel=18327

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is the first documtary-type release since the reunion right? Guess that means they’ll cover NITL in some shape or form.

guess this is also the first time we will also see live action actors portray GnR (not counting Axl and Izzy in the 1999 play White Trash Wins Lotto or that tiny Slash cameo in the Motley biopic from a few months back).

should be interesting!

Edited by rocknroll41

22 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

This is the first documtary-type release since the reunion right? Guess that means they’ll cover NITL in some shape or form.

guess this is also the first time we will also see live action actors portray GnR (not counting Axl and Izzy in the 1999 play White Trash Wins Lotto or that tiny Slash cameo in the Motley biopic from a few months back).

should be interesting!

Well, the episodes I've seen focus on the break up of bands and the events leading up to it.  But I assume, as you mentioned, they will at least have some reunion coverage.

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Well, the episodes I've seen focus on the break up of bands and the events leading up to it.  But I assume, as you mentioned, they will at least have some reunion coverage.

That’s weird considering that very little is actually known about classic gnr’s breakup. I’m guessing that means it’ll cover the SFTD lineup, circa 1994-1996.

Did some digging. There's a trailer up on this show's official website for the Motley/GNR episode: https://www.reelz.com/breaking-the-band/

It's mostly just archival footage of both bands, with some reenacted moments of Motley stuff. The only reenacted moment of GNR I can see in this trailer is of Axl's actor tying a bandana behind his red hair.

I wonder who's playing Axl in this. Probably some no-name, I would guess.

EDIT: Based on the nature/ "vibe" of that trailer, I'm betting this is gonna be more so about the "break up" of the AFD line-up (as in Steven and Izzy's respective exits), rather than the dissolve of the TSI/SFTD line-up (which will probably just get a mere mention, at most). Could be wrong, though! Maybe they'll cover all of the firings/resignations from 1990 to 1997.

Edited by rocknroll41

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Did some digging. There's a trailer up on this show's official website for the Motley/GNR episode: https://www.reelz.com/breaking-the-band/

It's mostly just archival footage of both bands, with some reenacted moments of Motley stuff. The only reenacted moment of GNR I can see in this trailer is of Axl's actor tying a bandana behind his red hair.

I wonder who's playing Axl in this. Probably some no-name, I would guess.

EDIT: Based on the nature/ "vibe" of that trailer, I'm betting this is gonna be more so about the "break up" of the AFD line-up (as in Steven and Izzy's respective exits), rather than the dissolve of the TSI/SFTD line-up (which will probably just get a mere mention, at most). Could be wrong, though! Maybe they'll cover all of the firings/resignations from 1990 to 1997.

My suggestion would be not to get your expectations too high.  I've seen most of the episodes and while it can be informative to the casual fan it's done in kind of a cheesy way. Pretty much to the point of being laughable. There was a scene in The Eagles episode where they were in a hotel on tour and it looked like a Motel 6.  They obviously have a very limited production budget for the show.  So I'm just giving you fair warning.😄

21 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

My suggestion would be not to get your expectations too high.  I've seen most of the episodes and while it can be informative to the casual fan it's done in kind of a cheesy way. Pretty much to the point of being laughable. There was a scene in The Eagles episode where they were in a hotel on tour and it looked like a Motel 6.  They obviously have a very limited production budget for the show.  So I'm just giving you fair warning.😄

Fair enough!

do the actors actually say dialogue? or is it just like very quick re-enactments layered with interview audio from whoever they’re interviewing to recount whatever moment is being portrayed?

13 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Guns will be featured on an episode of Breaking The Band on Reelz TV.  It's scheduled to air June 16th at 10PM Eastern, following an episode on Motley Crue.  I've watched a number of episodes and it's not bad but the biggest drawback is band members aren't involved or interviewed.  But it should be somewhat interesting to see who is interviewed.  Another thing is that the actors who portray the artists usually look nothing like them and it's hilarious.  Anyway, thought I would give everyone a heads up about the show.

Damn it! i don't have this channel anymore. I will have to tell a friend to dvr it for me and watch it there. I used to have this channel. don't know why Frontier cable cancelled it?

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Fair enough!

do the actors actually say dialogue? or is it just like very quick re-enactments layered with interview audio from whoever they’re interviewing to recount whatever moment is being portrayed?

There may be a quick exchange where the actors have dialogue but it's usually interview voice over stuff.  This is only the second season of the show so maybe they've made changes and improvements but I wouldn't count on it.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Damn it! i don't have this channel anymore. I will have to tell a friend to dvr it for me and watch it there. I used to have this channel. don't know why Frontier cable cancelled it?

Yeah, that can be maddening,  I get it on DirecTV.

Edited by lame ass security

Formed in 1985, Guns N’ Roses is regarded as one of the best rock bands of all time and its album, ‘Appetite for Destruction’ is the best-selling debut in U.S. history. The band’s potent mix of hard rock and beautiful melodies, coupled with insightful and emotional lyrics helped them cross over into the mainstream, resulting in over 100 million record sales. But behind the immense fame and success lay chaos, as the famous front man’s antics led to a spate of late on-stage appearances, cancelled concerts and a series of riots, earning Guns N’ Roses the moniker, ‘The Most Dangerous Band in the World’. Throughout the turmoil, the band members battled drug addiction and the volatile mix of strong personalities ignited tension and conflict, eventually ripping the band apart. In August 1997, the last original band member quit leaving singer Axl Rose to front Guns N’ Roses with a whole new team of musicians. So what exactly caused the classic line-up of Guns N’ Roses to finally implode? Show Less

This is the blurb from the actual show.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2019 at 3:34 PM, janrichmond said:
Formed in 1985, Guns N’ Roses is regarded as one of the best rock bands of all time and its album, ‘Appetite for Destruction’ is the best-selling debut in U.S. history. The band’s potent mix of hard rock and beautiful melodies, coupled with insightful and emotional lyrics helped them cross over into the mainstream, resulting in over 100 million record sales. But behind the immense fame and success lay chaos, as the famous front man’s antics led to a spate of late on-stage appearances, cancelled concerts and a series of riots, earning Guns N’ Roses the moniker, ‘The Most Dangerous Band in the World’. Throughout the turmoil, the band members battled drug addiction and the volatile mix of strong personalities ignited tension and conflict, eventually ripping the band apart. In August 1997, the last original band member quit leaving singer Axl Rose to front Guns N’ Roses with a whole new team of musicians. So what exactly caused the classic line-up of Guns N’ Roses to finally implode? Show Less

This is the blurb from the actual show.

sounds like a car-wreck happening in slow-motion if you think about it