So I met the designer of the Locked N' Loaded box set

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If they did it right, it would probably outsell the AFD box honestly... remaster the albums, include demos/rehearsals/"Axl's Advance Copy"/etc, and include a few live shows. No trinkets, no lithographs, no thousand-dollar price tag, just music for a reasonable price... they should be following Metallica's example when it comes to box-sets.

Axl's Advance Copy   :drool: I wish I had that complete set

• GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

they should be following Metallica's example when it comes to box-sets.

The only thing they should be doing is what they want to do. Not what you think they should do. I mean, how narcissistic is that attitude? SMH.

I don't believe they should be modeling Metallica or anyone else. That's what's always made them different. Metallica does things how they do things and GN'R does things how GN'R does things. Good or bad or terrible.

It's only been 34 years now, you haven't figured that out and accepted it yet? You strike me as one of those girls that always believes they can change their man.

GN'R wasn't put on this earth to satisfy your needs. We live in a free country. Nobody is forcing anyone to follow this band. Those that hate how GN'R does things are free spend their time doing and worrying about other things.

But alas, they don't and here we are.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thunderram said:

The only thing they should be doing is what they want to do. Not what you think they should do. I mean, how narcissistic is that attitude? SMH.

I don't believe they should be modeling Metallica or anyone else. That's what's always made them different. Metallica does things how they do things and GN'R does things how GN'R does things. Good or bad or terrible.

It's only been 34 years now, you haven't figured that out and accepted it yet? You strike me as one of those girls that always believes they can change their man.

GN'R wasn't put on this earth to satisfy your needs. We live in a free country. Nobody is forcing anyone to follow this band. Those that hate how GN'R does things are free spend their time doing and worrying about other things.

So much to pick apart here, but I'll just say this...

You strike me as the kind of person who, if GN'R released recordings of Axl burping and farting into a microphone with Slash noodling somewhere in the background and charged you a grand for it, you would say "Thank you, sir, can I have some more, although I know I'm not entitled to it..." :facepalm:

It's not about being narcissistic in the slightest, it's about demanding value for money. Fernando can't be suprised that he can't get into his en suite because it's full of unsold LnL boxes.

Edit: On second thought, this isn't Fernando's new account, is it?

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

So much to pick apart here, but I'll just say this...

You strike me as the kind of person who, if GN'R released recordings of Axl burping and farting into a microphone with Slash noodling somewhere in the background and charged you a grand for it, you would say "Thank you, sir, can I have some more, although I know I'm not entitled to it..." :facepalm:

It's not about being narcissistic in the slightest, it's about demanding value for money. Fernando can't be suprised that he can't get into his en suite because it's full of unsold LnL boxes.

Edit: On second thought, this isn't Fernando's new account, is it?

He's completely right though. No one's forcing you to buy anything, so stop whining. Don't think it's worth it? Don't buy it. No one who bought it, can say he was disappointed, because they even did an unboxing video, everyone knew perfectly well what was in it.

2 hours ago, thunderram said:

The only thing they should be doing is what they want to do. Not what you think they should do.

54 minutes ago, Lio said:

No one's forcing you to buy anything, so stop whining. Don't think it's worth it? Don't buy it.

In a real and logic world you guys are right  but..”Do you know where you are?”

Sorry..:lol:

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If they did it right, it would probably outsell the AFD box honestly... remaster the albums, include demos/rehearsals/"Axl's Advance Copy"/etc, and include a few live shows. No trinkets, no lithographs, no thousand-dollar price tag, just music for a reasonable price... they should be following Metallica's example when it comes to box-sets.

That’s what I have been harping on about. In terms of content and price it’s got the balance right - I have each of the four so far and have zero complaints at all.

Effectively the album on CD and Vinyl, a gig on vinyl, 2/3 gigs on CD or cassette, picture disc of an EP, demo discs, book covering the era and a couple of patches/lyric sheets for about £130.

• Like 3

I'd be interested in a box set for UYI.  I think the reason the AFD set didnt sell is because just about all of that music had been heard before and the price tag was waaaaaaaay too high for what amounted to 2 new demos and some rub on tattoos. 

if they did it right then I'd buy- unheard songs/ shows at a reasonable price.  but btw- dont they know none buys music anymore?  maybe there could be an alternative to this that would work for everyone interested.

I think it was RussTB who was on appetite for distortion a year or so go had a suggested of releasing this kind of stuff as part of the nighttrain membership.  I am probably  misquoting him here, but I think he said something along the lines of paying a few bucks per month for a nighttrain membership and as part of that the band would release new videos of unseen shows and maybe some unheard songs.   I think this is the best idea for GNR as they have a vault of proshot shows from the UYI tour that would probably generate a good income if released in this format vs a box set.   plus it make it affordable for ALL fans and would keep us engaged until the new album drops in 2052.

My toughts on the box is that is fine as it is for hardocores or people willing to pay for it, but they couldve at least put a vinyl -only version version of it, like they did with the CD sets, id buy that without hesitation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

I'd be interested in a box set for UYI.  I think the reason the AFD set didnt sell is because just about all of that music had been heard before and the price tag was waaaaaaaay too high for what amounted to 2 new demos and some rub on tattoos. 

if they did it right then I'd buy- unheard songs/ shows at a reasonable price.  but btw- dont they know none buys music anymore?  maybe there could be an alternative to this that would work for everyone interested.

I think it was RussTB who was on appetite for distortion a year or so go had a suggested of releasing this kind of stuff as part of the nighttrain membership.  I am probably  misquoting him here, but I think he said something along the lines of paying a few bucks per month for a nighttrain membership and as part of that the band would release new videos of unseen shows and maybe some unheard songs.   I think this is the best idea for GNR as they have a vault of proshot shows from the UYI tour that would probably generate a good income if released in this format vs a box set.   plus it make it affordable for ALL fans and would keep us engaged until the new album drops in 2052.

My only concern is that do they still have all the pro shots and demos still, as you saw with the 96 demos they don't necessarily keep everything in house and (correct me if I'm wrong) but the tapes were only collected after someone told management. I just hope they can still find all the stuff and that nothing has been thrown out or destroyed over the years, particularly in that fire 

14 hours ago, thunderram said:

Imagine taking a GNR forum this seriously. :lol:

Nobody here pretends they know exactly how things should be done, we're just giving opinions, not saying 'they must do this or that'. There's nothing else to talk about, so we throw around ideas and things we'd like to see the band do. As far as albums, concerts, songwriting, yea they definitely shouldn't be modelling themselves after another band, but as far as re-packaging old material in box sets? Hell yea, Metallica pretty much sets the standard for a good-value box set, it'd be great for GNR fans if they did something similar.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

This would be a great idea. Something similar to Prince's NPG Music Club would go a long way towards making a lot of even the most jaded of fans happy (and that example was from 20 years ago - c'mon GN'R, get with it!)

• Like 1