Jump to content
Original

DUFF MCKAGAN Says First GUNS N' ROSES Reunion Show At Troubadour Was 'Nerve-Racking'

Recommended Posts

Axl doing that much preparation for a show? Yeah, and I’m the governor of Canada.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a little insight to what Axl has backstage for his prep and warm up.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, History2010 said:

you have been here long enough to know that the people here don't care about any of that and the MO is to bash Axl at any available chance. 

Yep from 87 to 94, 5 albums. From 99 to 2008 one album. What would the common denominator be?.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Clearly you guys aren't fans of the band or understand the bands or Axl's history.

Axl has been doing pre show preparation for decades including physical exercise, stretching and having work done on his back. 

There are a number of articles that mention his pre show practices. 

Instead of knocking the guy down, maybe read and understand why he does preparation. 

One would think after decades of doing the same thing, as a 55 year old he might of given it away by now. 

The fact he is still doing it means it's for a reason. 

Might not be to your liking or reasons, but you aren't the ones up on stage for 3 hours plus. 

If you were able to see the man from close up, front of stage, then you would have been able to see the sweat pouring off his forarms and teeshirt. 

You would need to have physical stamina, fitness and a healthy body to continue being physically active for long periods of time.

June berlin 2018 show is all that needs to be mentioned about axl taking things seriously. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

June berlin 2018 show is all that needs to be mentioned about axl taking things seriously. 

Citing one show hardly negates a fact of if he actually does vocal warmups as Duff described though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Citing one show hardly negates a fact of if he actually does vocal warmups as Duff described though

The onlyy way he would have displayed on stage, what people who attended were so pissed off about is poor rehearsal or preparation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yep from 87 to 94, 5 albums. From 99 to 2008 one album. What would the common denominator be?.

Don’t embarrassing yourself, buddy. Not here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wow! I would love for some of you keyboard warriors to go on stage and sing for 3 hours  over 2.5 years. Lets see if you can do it. 

It seems like there are some people who really need to work on their lives rather than throwing insults at a singer who has accomplished a lot more.  

One  last thing. I will never understand those who come  here to bash the band. If you don't like something why waste your time??? Life is short as it  is to waste time on something you don't like. 

Edited by Draguns
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Clearly you guys aren't fans of the band or understand the bands or Axl's history.

Axl has been doing pre show preparation for decades including physical exercise, stretching and having work done on his back. 

There are a number of articles that mention his pre show practices. 

Instead of knocking the guy down, maybe read and understand why he does preparation. 

One would think after decades of doing the same thing, as a 55 year old he might of given it away by now. 

The fact he is still doing it means it's for a reason. 

Might not be to your liking or reasons, but you aren't the ones up on stage for 3 hours plus. 

If you were able to see the man from close up, front of stage, then you would have been able to see the sweat pouring off his forarms and teeshirt. 

You would need to have physical stamina, fitness and a healthy body to continue being physically active for long periods of time.

You're absolutely right - when it comes to Axl/DC shows.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Derick said:

Don’t embarrassing yourself, buddy. Not here.

Whos embarrassing who buddy?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a fact he is warming up, otherwise we'd have Rio 11 every night. He is doing his best with what he has left.

 

 

:facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, History2010 said:

you have been here long enough to know that the people here don't care about any of that and the MO is to bash Axl at any available chance. 

The mere 2 people who posted above his post were clearly joking around. Lighten up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, History2010 said:

you have been here long enough to know that the people here don't care about any of that and the MO is to bash Axl at any available chance. 

:lol:I always have to laugh when I see people make posts like this. 

Classic example of seeing only what you want to see.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

The mere 2 people who posted above his post were clearly joking around. Lighten up.

Are they? It really gets hard to tell. There's certainly enough users here who actually hold those views. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

:lol:I always have to laugh when I see people make posts like this. 

Classic example of seeing only what you want to see.

I guess so. Based on the reactions to Kiwiguns' post, It looks like I was wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, History2010 said:

Are they? It really gets hard to tell. There's certainly enough users here who actually hold those views. 

Yeah they were definitely just ribbing on Axl in a non-serious way. Ask them if you want.

But a bunch of people(some of whom I know are nice straightshooters) got it wrong too and liked kiwigun's post so no worries. Things just get lost in translation sometimes.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you go to a show enjoy it in the moment. If you record a song on your phone and listen to it later your like :blink:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

The onlyy way he would have displayed on stage, what people who attended were so pissed off about is poor rehearsal or preparation.

Not necessarily.

Have you ever tried singing, like properly? I've been studying it for years and the capacity for the human voice to change depending on external variables reaches far and wide. The slightest bit of stress can add tension to the body, and anybody who knows anything about singing will tell you that bodily tension is the worst enemy of a singer.

Axl delivering a sub-par show vocally is not necessarily a sign that he hasn't rehearsed or prepared. Stress, poor diet, lack of hydration, tiredness... all of these things can adversely effect a singers performance on any given day.

Granted, he gets better as the shows progress, but there is absolutely no way he would be able to reach any of the top notes in songs like Jungle, Paradise City, Nightrain, KOHD etc if he didn't spend months rehearsing every day before the first show of a tour.

Edited by Towelie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Not necessarily.

Have you ever tried singing, like properly? I've been studying it for years and the capacity for the human voice to change depending on external variables reaches far and wide. The slightest bit of stress can add tension to the body, and anybody who knows anything about singing will tell you that bodily tension is the worst enemy of a singer.

Axl delivering a sub-par show vocally is not necessarily a sign that he hasn't rehearsed or prepared. Stress, poor diet, lack of hydration, tiredness... all of these things can adversely effect a singers performance on any given day.

Granted, he gets better as the shows progress, but there is absolutely no way he would be able to reach any of the notes in songs like Jungle, Paradise City, Nightrain, KOHD etc if he didn't spend months rehearsing every day before the first show of a tour.

Does he rehearse everyday before the tour?. Theres words where he comes in o rehearsals either hgalf or towards the end. Seems his focus is more other members locking in first before he does. The 99 VMAs where axl hadnt rehearsed was a wake up call. If axl does come into rehearsals late, why?. Before maiden tour all band members rehearse together for 3 months before the first show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Classic example of seeing only what you want to see.

Well Russ, IMO, that of seeing only what you want to see can be applied in both cases...Some of us attach ourselves to the good things and we don’t do big drama with the bad things, especially those we do not have control or do not correspond to us...and others of us, we choose to attach ourselves to bad things, we ignore or despise everything that may be positive and we put a great magnifying glass on what we think is wrong...So what’s the point? :shrugs:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Derick said:

Well Russ, IMO, that of seeing only what you want to see can be applied in both cases...Some of us attach ourselves to the good things and we don’t do big drama with the bad things, especially those we do not have control or do not correspond to us...and others of us, we choose to attach ourselves to bad things, we ignore or despise everything that may be positive and we put a great magnifying glass on what we think is wrong...So what’s the point? :shrugs:

The point is that all opinions are welcome on this site, positive and negative. IMO, the people who complain that this site is only full of negative posts or "bashing" are choosing to see the site that way. There's lots of positive posts about the band made on this board every day. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×