Universal Vault Fire: HUGE loss to historical master recordings, including GN'R

@RussTCB i was recently watching again the official Locked N' Loaded unboxing video, and the UME dude said at the 0:20 mark, and I'm quoting: "All of the audio that is included in this boxset is directly from first generation analog masters".

Is this any different to what you were saying on previous pages of this thread?

Edited by GNRfanMILO

2 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

@RussTCB i was recently watching again the official Locked N' Loaded unboxing video, and the UME dude said at the 0:20 mark, and I'm quoting: "All of the audio that is included in this boxset is directly from first generation analog masters".

Is this any different to what you were saying on previous pages of this thread?

The short answer is: it depends.

Saying "first generation analog masters" can be a whole different thing than "Original master tapes". It's worded in a way that still doesn't give us a definite answer, unfortunately. 

• Like 3

A few years ago Marc Canter said Guns only had 1st gen copies of the Sound City Demos, the original reels stayed with Manny.

That'd mean we have the Sound City Demos from a 1st gen copy - not from the original master reels.

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

There are new developments on this:

Lawsuit Against Universal Music Over 2008 Warehouse Fire Is Dismissed

https://pitchfork.com/news/lawsuit-against-universal-music-over-2008-warehouse-fire-is-dismissed/

(I hope it's okay by the forum rules to bump this thread, as the last reply is less than a year ago)

Corporate America in a nutshell:

“Universal claimed 17,000 artists were affected by the fire when they were suing for damages. Now that they face a lawsuit by their artists, they claim a mere 19 artists were affected. This discrepancy is inexplicable.”

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...