RussTCB

Universal Vault Fire: HUGE loss to historical master recordings, including GN'R

I really wonder if gnr dont want to release any new music until their contract with UMG expires, so they can manage storage themselves.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I really wonder if gnr dont want to release any new music until their contract with UMG expires, so they can manage storage themselves.

TBH I trust UMG storage more than Team Brazil's. At least UMG won't dispose material intentionally.

This band is a mess. Everytime Fernando handled something it turned into a mess. I wouldn't give them even a sheep to manage :-))

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Just 1000? I would add a few more zeros there.

Oh I know. I was just throwing out a random number. 

@RussTCB i was recently watching again the official Locked N' Loaded unboxing video, and the UME dude said at the 0:20 mark, and I'm quoting: "All of the audio that is included in this boxset is directly from first generation analog masters".

Is this any different to what you were saying on previous pages of this thread?

Edited by GNRfanMILO

2 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

@RussTCB i was recently watching again the official Locked N' Loaded unboxing video, and the UME dude said at the 0:20 mark, and I'm quoting: "All of the audio that is included in this boxset is directly from first generation analog masters".

Is this any different to what you were saying on previous pages of this thread?

The short answer is: it depends.

Saying "first generation analog masters" can be a whole different thing than "Original master tapes". It's worded in a way that still doesn't give us a definite answer, unfortunately. 

• Like 3

A few years ago Marc Canter said Guns only had 1st gen copies of the Sound City Demos, the original reels stayed with Manny.

That'd mean we have the Sound City Demos from a 1st gen copy - not from the original master reels.