Izzy's involvement in writing new music.

In all likelihood we won't see Izzy touring with Guns again unfortunately.  I know people have made mentions here and there about Izzy helping to write/record new Guns music.  For the most part that just seems to be wishful thinking but does anyone truly think there is a chance of that?  To any extent?

I personally think he writes great songs and lyrics. Most importantly though I think he brings out the best in Slash like no one else can.  In my opinion the chemistry between those two guys just can't be matched.  Wouldn't mind hearing a track with Izzy on vocals either..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Original said:

Yeah but who knows what chemistry is left with Izzy n Slash...how long has it been since they wrote together (anything noteworthy)? 

Ghost on Slash's record is a damn good song with Izzy, Slash, and Ian Astbury of the Cult.

https://www.songfacts.com/facts/slash/ghost

Edited by BadApples87
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

In all likelihood we won't see Izzy touring with Guns again unfortunately.  I know people have made mentions here and there about Izzy helping to write/record new Guns music.  For the most part that just seems to be wishful thinking but does anyone truly think there is a chance of that?  To any extent?

I personally think he writes great songs and lyrics. Most importantly though I think he brings out the best in Slash like no one else can.  In my opinion the chemistry between those two guys just can't be matched.  Wouldn't mind hearing a track with Izzy on vocals either..

I totally agree that Izzy is a must for the songwriting process.  I also 100% agree that the partnership of Izzy and Slash playing together is second to none.

Unfortunately, however, I don't think Iz is coming back.  Unless they give him an equal share of the loot, then maybe.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think with Izzy n' Axl there's always a chance. They go way back, Izzy isn't known for holding grudges, and after Izzy said new Guns were obviously not Guns N' Roses he still played with them multiple times.

I like Fortus and I think the current line up can record a great album without Izzy but I believe it would be much better with him collaborating with the band.

thing is, without putting blame on Axl, Slash, and Duff cause I think I understand where they're coming from, my guess is Izzy was really offended by them this time not sharing the loot with him and the collaboration he did with Matt, FP Money speaks for itself.

I still remain optimistic there will at least be some type of collaboration in the future cause it seems with Izzy if enough time passes he just moves on from any shit they went through, but if they manage to release an album in 2 to 3 years I don't think it will be enough time for him to forgive them and collaborate in the studio so maybe just a guest on some live shows.

Bottom line it will probably be better with him in the studio helping out but the chances are slim imo.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Original said:

Yeah but who knows what chemistry is left with Izzy n Slash...how long has it been since they wrote together (anything noteworthy)? 

Yeah but who knows what chemistry is left with Axl n Slash... how long has it been since they wrote together?  Not sure your point there has any validity. 

At least they have worked together a bit over the years.. Supposedly they came up with some really good stuff leading up to VR..  Duff has played on entire Izzy albums.. Izzy has played on Duff songs... Ghost was a Slash song but Izzy's dirty ass rhythm sounded great on it.  HE jammed with VR, Adler, Axl and even worked with Matt. 

I get it, though. I really get it.

I don't think it's romantic to think that, for Izzy, it's not really the money. It's the equality money represents. It's the brotherhood.

When it becomes spreadsheets and percentages... when you're subordinate in an organization that wouldn't exist without your contribution... what the f is that. What are we doin? None of them are going hungry. In twenty years they'll all be wrinkled fucks thinking about the old times... why not lay down a few more cool chapters together.

I feel like if Axl read this post his eyes would roll into the back of his skull, but... 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 3

in all honesty...who started this silly cliche about Izzy refusing to tour NITL tour!?!?

How many more times does he have to say 'loot was split equaly'? Damn...

on the sidenote...what do you think, will he be involved or not once the reels had been picked up? :facepalm:

The question is, will he use that as leverage to reenter the band.

Honestly, it is essential to bring Izzy back into the family to ensure any long term success for these guys.  The three-union has been a massive money grab but...it will come to an end soon.

We need new music now.

I'm afraid that, without IZZY co-writing some new songs, all we are ever going to get is re-hashed Axl songs...and I personally don't need/want those.

Stradlin' has been extremely prolific compared to Axl so we know he's more than capable. 

I can only hope that someone out there is paying attention and listening.

• Like 1

I think there is a slight possibility, considering the history - even the recent one.

Apparently there were negotiations about the reunion that failed because, as Izzy put it, they didn't manage to find a happy medium (mostly about the "loot", I guess). But, based on what Duff said recently, it seems that Izzy didn't say flat-out "no" and he left it open to turn up, and that's why they waited for him at rehearsals.

So, as recording an album is a different process than touring and also doesn't involve "splitting the loot" in the same way as touring, maybe they'll work something out for, say, a couple of songs.

• Like 3

After listening to CD and the 1000 songs Slash has penned since 1993 and then Izzy's solo stuff, it's baffling how someone could come to the conclusion that Axl/Slash need Izzy more than Izzy needs them

Edited by Stro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah but who knows what chemistry is left with Axl n Slash... how long has it been since they wrote together?  Not sure your point there has any validity. 

At least they have worked together a bit over the years.. Supposedly they came up with some really good stuff leading up to VR..  Duff has played on entire Izzy albums.. Izzy has played on Duff songs... Ghost was a Slash song but Izzy's dirty ass rhythm sounded great on it.  HE jammed with VR, Adler, Axl and even worked with Matt. 

Well- valid points.  Whatever happens let’s hope it does GnR well! 

• Like 1

I would be so excited if Izzy wrote a few songs with them.  But has anyone considered that maybe he doesnt want to be a rockstar anymore?  Let's be honest, he doesnt tour, doesnt do anything with or for the fans.  just records some songs when he feels like it on his terms.  and honestly most of his solo stuff isnt that great- it all sounds the same.  I mean, how many songs can one guy write about the weather. lol?  The guy just seems like he doesnt want to do the rock thing any more, and thats ok.  Its his life and he has that right.  

Dont get me wrong, I'm thankful for Izzys contribution to GNR (especially the fact that he founded it) but I feel he has moved on.  And so should we.  

If Izzy has a song on the new record then that's the first one I'll play when I buy the darn thing. But I'm not counting on it.  I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm actually pretty excited to see what Richard has to bring to the songwriting process. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

I would be so excited if Izzy wrote a few songs with them.  But has anyone considered that maybe he doesnt want to be a rockstar anymore?  Let's be honest, he doesnt tour, doesnt do anything with or for the fans.  just records some songs when he feels like it on his terms.  and honestly most of his solo stuff isnt that great- it all sounds the same.  I mean, how many songs can one guy write about the weather. lol?  The guy just seems like he doesnt want to do the rock thing any more, and thats ok.  Its his life and he has that right.  

Dont get me wrong, I'm thankful for Izzys contribution to GNR (especially the fact that he founded it) but I feel he has moved on.  And so should we.  

If Izzy has a song on the new record then that's the first one I'll play when I buy the darn thing. But I'm not counting on it.  I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm actually pretty excited to see what Richard has to bring to the songwriting process. 

100% agree. If izzy wanted to do a show, izzy would have done a show by now. Money or not. In terms of Fortus, I can't wait for this. I think this might be the best technically skilled rhythm slash has ever played with.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't think a true player like Slash needs a technically skilled rhythm player.. Less is more...

LOL The way Fortus is spoken about reminds me of draft night analysis...

He's got great length Tom! His wingspan is impressive! Can really play the position! 

giphy.gif

Just give me the guy who actually helped write the greatest selling debut album of all time! K! Thnx! Bye!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2
  • Haha 1