Izzy's involvement in writing new music.

2 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Poor wording on my part... meant slash said slash himself isn't a good rhythm guitarist. I think Fortus is the best rhythm guitarist slash has played with so far in terms of technical skill. I also agree with slash's playing taking a hit but I don't think that was of Fortus. I think fortus outplayed slash in Wish You Were Here. To me, and what I hope, Fortus will bring a level of competition with slash like in sports. I don't disagree with you about Izzy, I'd love to have him back just for history's sake and recapture the old magic, but I would like to hear what fortus and slash can do in the studio with new or Chinese leftover material. Personal opinion 

In other news.. Are you aware that the pic in your avatar is a stunt double and not really Slash? ;)

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

BS. Metallica just released a great record. Rock or bust wasn't great but Black ice stands up to most other AC/DC records. VH's different kind if truth. U2s last recird. There are plenty of old bands still making great records. It's actually this mentality (and poor sales) that makes older bands, decide not to bother with new albums and dive into nostalgia.

What makes you think those are great records??? Other than your own opinion ofc. (I read opinions here that CD is better than AfD, so it don't matter)

Do you think any of them will be considered classic 30 years from now??? 

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

After giving up on Metallica for 20 years, I really enjoyed Hardwired.. 9 of the 12 songs anyway which isn't too shabby. I also thought Black Sabbath's 13 had some really solid tracks as well.. 

I actually think Izzy's songwriting never really goes out of style or sounds dated. 

Agree with the above. Tbh nothibg will top metallicas first 4 albums. Different time different headspace but hardwired was more listenable than death magnetic.

Edited by Sydney Fan

To me it feels like IF Izzy gets involved somehow he would only do it for the money.

And the others guys would only WANT him to be involved because it would help to sell their product.

I don't wanna feel like this about it but that's the vibe they are giving me, including Izzy.

Hope I'm wrong and that he will be there, for the right reasons.

55 minutes ago, acor said:

What makes you think those are great records??? Other than your own opinion ofc. (I read opinions here that CD is better than AfD, so it don't matter)

Do you think any of them will be considered classic 30 years from now??? 

Who knows!? I didn't call them classic records, I said they were great (as in solid from top to bottom, and including great catchy songs). Great according to the reviews from critics, great according to the fan reception online and everywhere else. What more do you need? 

As far as CD goes, yeah someone might prefer it to AFD, but critically  and success wise, AFD is the better record. You can say both are classic records... Classic records aren't always 10/10 albums.

3 hours ago, Edward Nygma said:

Kind of went off U2 when they decided to put there album on everybody's iPhone. 

I actually didn't like them right up until that point😅 I like that they do whatever they want and don't care about the fall out. Same reason I like GNR and Metallica. All three are major targets for music fans, but they stand their ground and continue to do things their way, I respect this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vloors said:

0 percent. Izzy has blown his chance. Will be the current members axl, slash, duff and 4tus. 

Still hoping they end up replacing frank.

I agree with this. I think if he wanted to be involved he would've already agreed to do a guest appearance or something. At this point I think he would only come if they offered him a lot of money.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I agree with this. I think if he wanted to be involved he would've already agreed to do a guest appearance or something. At this point I think he would only come if they offered him a lot of money.

I'm sure they don't think for a minute they would need Izzy. 

On 6/11/2019 at 12:52 PM, Politania said:

"14 years " lyrics..... He Predicted his refusal from 2016 :lol:

I honestly only like the chorus that Axl sings. He sounds so damn cool! But this is the only Izzy song I do like.

4 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah you're probably right.

I don't think Izzy cares either way too. He's been doing his own thing for a long time now and i don't think he would want to go back. 

It's been made very clear for what ever reasons, Izzy will not be involved in any shape or form. 

The people involved that's Izzy and the band have moved on. 

I am not sure what the point of this thread is.

All you guys are doing is going around in circles again, that leads back to the fact people have moved on. 

Of all the positive things that have happened with a semi reunion, the repairing of estranged relationships and talk of new music, why not look towards what the future holds. 

I get the feeling that's what the band and its members are doing and looking forward to. Not the BS of the past. 

The question some of you need to answer yourselves is, while some of  you guys are contemplating Izzy's future involvement in the band, do you get the feeling Axl, Slash or Duff are doing the same or even Izzy himself occupying their time and energy on these matters. 

I would suggest not, and they are all getting on with life. 

It's only curtain fans that have issues with the current state of affairs. 

Why some of you waste your time on the notion is beyond me, given those involved aren't or have put the issue behind them. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

It's been made very clear for what ever reasons, Izzy will not be involved in any shape or form. 

You say it's been made clear. Could you tell us when this was made clear and by whom?

The people involved that's Izzy and the band have moved on. 

Source?

I am not sure what the point of this thread is.

The point of the thread is that fans wants Izzy involved in the recording process because, hopefully, any hypothetical future music would suck far less without him.

All you guys are doing is going around in circles again, that leads back to the fact people have moved on. 

Now you are outright claiming this as fact. Source please?

Of all the positive things that have happened with a semi reunion, the repairing of estranged relationships and talk of new music, why not look towards what the future holds. 

Positive things like we keep getting the same nostalgia tour since 2016? "Repairing of estranged relationships" = Axl and Slash cashed in for a major payday.

I get the feeling that's what the band and its members are doing and looking forward to. Not the BS of the past. 

You get the feeling? Umm..ok. When you say "the BS of the past" are you referencing the period when they were a great band that released great music?

The question some of you need to answer yourselves is, while some of  you guys are contemplating Izzy's future involvement in the band, do you get the feeling Axl, Slash or Duff are doing the same or even Izzy himself occupying their time and energy on these matters. 

I would suggest not, and they are all getting on with life. 

It's only curtain fans that have issues with the current state of affairs. 

Why some of you waste your time on the notion is beyond me, given those involved aren't or have put the issue behind them. 

Tell the band that we all said "hi" the next time you talk to them (in your head).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nintari said:

Izzy was the SOUND of Guns N Roses. Axl was the voice. Adler was the backbone and Slash and Duff added their unique textures. Without Izzy, you lose the entire sound of the band, imo... and that probably had a lot to do (if not all) with their breaking up. Without Izzy coming back into the writing process, you're not going to have a record that sounds like GNR. You'll have bits and pieces, sort of like you had bits and pieces on all Duff, Slash and Axl's solo stuff... but you won't have the complete sound. That's why it's so important that he's involved. They need him.

As duff said in his book, "izzy man this was your band". 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, D.. said:

Yeah, I don't hear that Tom... Last amazing record from an "old band" I heard was Chinese Democracy. Honestly. Metallica & all of the others have become über generic mediocre garbage. 

I'd say one of the only "old band" that still has it is Nine Inch Nails, if you consider it as a coherent band. Let's just say Trent Reznor. He's still amazing live, and delivers some cool songs from time to time. But his last great record was The Fragile imo. With Teeth was okay. After that, not so much, but there are still great pieces of music here & there.

There you go... it's all opinions. I hardly would view CD as a an amazing record. 

Black Sabbath's 13 was a great one. Guns have way more in common with them than with Mettalica or ACDC (band history wise) 

It's possible for Guns to inspire themselves after so many years. You could hear that with Contraband, and now you've got even Axl back.

And with Izzy... That's got nothing to do with splitting the loot equally this time. It's a record. You get paid for your credits. 

That's the reason why I don't think they'll use just Axl songs. Slash and Duff won't get paid for arrangements. You need to be credited on an album for the loot.

• Like 2

way to state the elephant in the room 

the reason why axl and slash can't come up with shit is izzy 

THIS WAS KNOWN IN 95 with snakepit etc 

invite him back in the fold work out a reasonable deal and its done 

what the fuck are they waiting for = Duff's tenderness??

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

way to state the elephant in the room 

the reason why axl and slash can't come up with shit is izzy 

THIS WAS KNOWN IN 95 with snakepit etc 

invite him back in the fold work out a reasonable deal and its done 

what the fuck are they waiting for = Duff's tenderness??

No it was not.

Snakepit was just Slash and you can't know what it would sound like with Axl's abd Duff's input. IMO 5 o'clock is still the best album of any Guns member outside of Guns, CD included.

13 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

No it was not.

Snakepit was just Slash and you can't know what it would sound like with Axl's abd Duff's input. IMO 5 o'clock is still the best album of any Guns member outside of Guns, CD included.

Gilby and Matt had some contributions too.. Izzy even had credits on one song.. Not sure Duff could have made it any better as Mike Inez was outstanding on that album but throw Axl on there and it could have been a classic Gn'R album for sure. Musically it is guitar driven and band ass.  I still think it is a pretty strong album but the lyrics and vocals are it's weakest aspect. Not terrible but they could have been better. 

• Like 1

On 2019-06-12 at 1:31 AM, Stro said:

After listening to CD and the 1000 songs Slash has penned since 1993 and then Izzy's solo stuff, it's baffling how someone could come to the conclusion that Axl/Slash need Izzy more than Izzy needs them

On 2019-06-12 at 4:12 AM, Chester 524 said:

I would be so excited if Izzy wrote a few songs with them.  But has anyone considered that maybe he doesnt want to be a rockstar anymore?  Let's be honest, he doesnt tour, doesnt do anything with or for the fans.  just records some songs when he feels like it on his terms.  and honestly most of his solo stuff isnt that great- it all sounds the same.  I mean, how many songs can one guy write about the weather. lol?  The guy just seems like he doesnt want to do the rock thing any more, and thats ok.  Its his life and he has that right.  

Dont get me wrong, I'm thankful for Izzys contribution to GNR (especially the fact that he founded it) but I feel he has moved on.  And so should we.  

If Izzy has a song on the new record then that's the first one I'll play when I buy the darn thing. But I'm not counting on it.  I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm actually pretty excited to see what Richard has to bring to the songwriting process. 

Exactly this. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Gilby and Matt had some contributions too.. Izzy even had credits on one song.. Not sure Duff could have made it any better as Mike Inez was outstanding on that album but throw Axl on there and it could have been a classic Gn'R album for sure. Musically it is guitar driven and band ass.  I still think it is a pretty strong album but the lyrics and vocals are it's weakest aspect. Not terrible but they could have been better. 

It's not the first time I heard or read that but nobody was able to show me a source. Duff is credited on Beggars And Hangers On, but there's no Izzy as far as I know.

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

It's not the first time I heard or read that but nobody was able to show me a source. Duff is credited on Beggars And Hangers On, but there's no Izzy as far as I know.

I just remember reading it on wiki or something so not sure if 100% accurate. It lists him on Soma City Ward

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I just remember reading it on wiki or something so not sure if 100% accurate. It lists him on Soma City Ward

But without actual source. I had never a booklet where Izzy was credited nor did I read an interview where Slash or Izzy stated this.

• Like 1