4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

If you read the post is does state quite explicitly that my opinion, particularly in regard to Axl Rose, is based on 'limited information and knowledge' because he's not someone I know personally, I can only react to whats out there in the media, like anyone else.  As to the broader opinion, I fail to see where there is any prejudice in what I'm saying.

yes, you carefully said that the axl case is based on opinion, and all of us have no idea of the his condition. i'm ok with that, even if that are some public behaviours that may indicate the contrary, it is what it is, speculation. the guy went from the most popular rock celebrity to a reclusive myth. maybe he was living a regular life, just out of the spotlight. he went in throught a saga to rebuild his band, to record an album, and put his legal and personal life in order, and we all know, from his own words that it was not at all an easy process. again, at best, we can only speculate about his mental state, an even this has some moral and practical limitations. 

the point that upsets me most about your post, it's that you use the discussion of axl, in less than one paragraph, to write a "i'm sick and tired of people talking bout their mental issues" essay that's offensive to all the people who has some kind of mental health disorder. one of the most troublesome aspect of the mental issues is that people who suffer it have tremendous difficult to TALK ABOUT IT. there's no treatment without acknowledgement and TALKING. if there are some people who use this conditions for publicity, well, they are in no way helping "the cause", but it happens in every other human activity don't u think?

what i'm saying is that it's not cool to generalize, from a tiny portion of behaviours, to millions of people around the world who suffer from mental issues, most of all with no access to some kind of treatment.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

the point that upsets me most about your post, it's that you use the discussion of axl, in less than one paragraph, to write a "i'm sick and tired of people talking bout their mental issues" essay that's offensive to all the people who has some kind of mental health disorder.

Well I don't know where you got that quote from, it certainly wasn't in my post so how I could have offended people with mental issues with it I don't know.

what i'm saying is that it's not cool to generalize, from a tiny portion of behaviours, to millions of people around the world who suffer from mental issues, most of all with no access to some kind of treatment.

I fail to see a generalisation anywhere, you'll have to point it out, speaking specifically about people that misuse it is not a generalisation and I was careful to point out, and talk extensively, about people who actually do suffer from such issues in my post.  I was quite clear about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Original said:

No one's gonna bother me anymore
No one's gonna mess with my head no more
I can't understand what all the fightin's for
But it's so nice here down off the shore
I wish you could see this
'Cause there's nothing to see
It's peaceful here and it's fine with me
Not like the world where I used to live
I NEVER REALLY WANTED TO LIVE

even if I'm french this lyrics are amazing to me

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

With the greatest of respect to your personal taste fella those lyrics are dire, they sound like a moody teenage girls journal :lol:

I think you are confused with Think About You and Patience. Ultimate teenage diary lyrics.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I think you are confused with Think About You and Patience. Ultimate teenage diary lyrics.

Yeah they ain’t about to win any awards either :lol:  Perhaps we’re just not the target audience.

11 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

oupsssss. u know better than me !!

No offence meant but for the country that gave us Edith Piaf and Serge Gainsbourg I’m sure you’ve heard better :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

19 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I used to think axl thought it was cool being a manic depressive, kind of his excuse for acting like an asshole crybaby most of the time.

I have never heard Axl say he was a manic depressive. I actually heard him saying that he has seen people in magazines say he was, but he was never diagnosed. Maybe now, he'd say he was but to my knowledge that's things other people have said about him, and things fans have picked on to excuse unexplainable behaviour (going on late for 20yrs straight).

50 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I have never heard Axl say he was a manic depressive. I actually heard him saying that he has seen people in magazines say he was, but he was never diagnosed. Maybe now, he'd say he was but to my knowledge that's things other people have said about him, and things fans have picked on to excuse unexplainable behaviour (going on late for 20yrs straight).

He had said it directly once [NME, October 1987]:

Do you see this as your BIG CHANCE, the only one you'll ever have?

Axl: "In certain ways, yeah...because I'm a manic depressive. If I f**cked up now maybe I could still be successful in 30 years time. But maybe I wouldn't allow myself to live that long, maybe I'm too self-destructive…"

Does manic depression go hand in hand with paranoia?

Axl: "No...I wouldn't say so."  

It was mentioned in other interviews after that, although without him being quoted saying the words "manic depressive" directly:

A psychiatrist has diagnosed Axl's problem as manic-depressive disorder, a condition that can cause people to swing from impulsive, reckless, and argumentative fits to catatonic and suicidal periods. "I can be happier than anybody I know," Axl says. "I can get so happy I'll cry. I can get completely opposite, upsetwise." Many manic-depressives turn to drugs or alcohol to lessen the pain of their illness. Although Axl takes lithium to combat the disorder, he thinks it's ineffective and claims to be in control of his moods.  [Rolling Stone, November 1988]

Sources around him say he's on drugs - the prescriptive variety - to alleviate symptoms of manic depression. Sometimes he doesn't take them. And one thing everyone agrees on: No one tells Axl what to do. The result is that one can never be sure where Axl Rose will show up, and, if he does, which Axl will show. [Musician, December 1988]

Then, in 1989, he would say that the diagnosis had stemmed from a 500-question test:

Axl: I went to a clinic, thinking it would help my moods. The only thing I did was take one 500-question test - ya know, filling in the little black dots. All of sudden I'm diagnosed manic-depressive. "Let's put Axl on medication". Well, the medication doesn't help me deal with stress. The only thing it does is help keep people off my back because they figure I'm on medication [RIP, April 1989].

He didn't talk about it in public after that until 2008, when he was asked in the forum chats, and said that he was never diagnosed as bipolar. I guess he was referring to that questionnaire, meaning that he didn't acknowledge it as a diagnosis.

Edited by Blackstar

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

He had said it directly once [NME, October 1987]:

Do you see this as your BIG CHANCE, the only one you'll ever have?

Axl: "In certain ways, yeah...because I'm a manic depressive. If I f**cked up now maybe I could still be successful in 30 years time. But maybe I wouldn't allow myself to live that long, maybe I'm too self-destructive…"

Does manic depression go hand in hand with paranoia?

Axl: "No...I wouldn't say so."  

It was mentioned in other interviews after that, although without him being quoted saying the words "manic depressive" directly:

A psychiatrist has diagnosed Axl's problem as manic-depressive disorder, a condition that can cause people to swing from impulsive, reckless, and argumentative fits to catatonic and suicidal periods. "I can be happier than anybody I know," Axl says. "I can get so happy I'll cry. I can get completely opposite, upsetwise." Many manic-depressives turn to drugs or alcohol to lessen the pain of their illness. Although Axl takes lithium to combat the disorder, he thinks it's ineffective and claims to be in control of his moods.  [Rolling Stone, November 1988]

Sources around him say he's on drugs - the prescriptive variety - to alleviate symptoms of manic depression. Sometimes he doesn't take them. And one thing everyone agrees on: No one tells Axl what to do. The result is that one can never be sure where Axl Rose will show up, and, if he does, which Axl will show. [Musician, December 1988]

Then, in 1989, he would say that the diagnosis had stemmed from a 500-question test:

Axl: I went to a clinic, thinking it would help my moods. The only thing I did was take one 500-question test - ya know, filling in the little black dots. All of sudden I'm diagnosed manic-depressive. "Let's put Axl on medication". Well, the medication doesn't help me deal with stress. The only thing it does is help keep people off my back because they figure I'm on medication [RIP, April 1989].

He didn't talk about it in public after that until 2008, when he was asked in the forum chats, and said that he was never diagnosed as bipolar. I guess he was referring to that questionnaire, meaning that he didn't acknowledge it as a diagnosis.

Ah I didn't realise he said that. Well, in that case obviously there's the whole "when you're young and doing interviews, you say things you shouldn't" argument... but overall it seems he did put the suggestion out there. 

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Ah I didn't realise he said that. Well, in that case obviously there's the whole "when you're young and doing interviews, you say things you shouldn't" argument... but overall it seems he did put the suggestion out there. 

This is the reason I used to think he thought it was cool and used it as an excuse.

I have no comment on A.xl.

I am not speaking or insulting anyone here.

I am not insulting anyone here.

I am generally speaking, mental illness is a new catch phrase for anyone having a blue day or depressed about something’s like: Divorce, being laid off, stresses at job,  weight gain and a bad hair day thus  feeling inferior ,and other very “light “/things that can happen in life that are , sad, temporary and be fixed in planning... time, strategy, going out with family , friends,, refocus, quit, move on or away, etc. These things can make someone go through a rough patch, but these are things that are light. In comparison :  serious , real health issues, etc., ...stuff like that.

Some people have depression and mental mental illness. Serious, not temporary. 

Learning coping mechanisms are impt forhandling things in life. I am 55. The end of baby boomers. We were taught how to cope. Younger people , young enough to be my kids, and no, I do not have any. must be coodled. Helicopter parents. Everyone  gets a trophy. Some schools do not have number grades anymore because it is hurtful to others and shows division.  Some schools do not have valedictorian and salutatorian becauseit is not sensitive to others feelings. 

I do not agree with Dr. Drew.

Some things are serious and saying  everybody has this or that takes from those people who have real things. 

Edited by Latx

34 minutes ago, Latx said:

I have comment on A.xl.

i am not speakingbir insulting anyone here.

I am generally speaking, mental illness is a new catch phrase for anyone having a blue day or depressed about something’s like: Divorce, being laid off, stresses at job,  weight gain and a bad hair day feeling inferior ,and other very “light “/things that can happen in life that are temporary and be fixed in planning,, time, strategy, going out with family , friends,, refocus, quit, move on or away, etc. These things can make someone go through a rough patch, but these are things that are light. In comparison :  serious health issues, , bankrupt....stuff like that.

Some people have depression and mental mental lines. Serious, not temporary. 

Learning coping mechanisms are impt forhandling things in life. I am 55. The end of baby boomers. We were taught how to cope. Younger people , young enough to be my kids, and no, I do not have any. must be coodled. Helicopter parents. Everyone  gets a trophy. Some schools do not have number grades anymore because it is hurtful to others and shows division.  Some schools do not have valedictorian and salutatorian becauseit is not sensitive to others feelings. 

I do not agree with some things said about drugs and alcohol.....but I will not say what.Here is not the place.

The more we make excuses for things, it does not help people. 

Remember dahling,  it's much more important to look good than to feel good.  By the way, you look mahvelous.

I hear you @lame ass security.

, I have no comment onAxl.  I do not make fun or light with people with real,illness, serious mental illnessness of depression , people with other health issues, etc.  These are treatable things but not temporary or light or easier .  I want to make sure I do not get in time out or banned.

16 minutes ago, Latx said:

I hear you @lame ass security.

, I have no comment onAxl.  I do not make fun or light with people with real,illness, serious mental illnessness of depression , people with other health issues, etc.  These are treatable things but not temporary or light or easier .  I want to make sure I do not get in time out or banned.

Nah, it's cool man😊  When you mentioned having a bad hair day it just made me think of that "you look mahvelous" skit with Billy Crystal on SNL.

• 4 weeks later...

Axl’s blue check tweets are more cringey than any of his worst Mickey Mouse nights. He used to have a bit of a mystique as a man who might be harboring some deep and maybe even dangerous thoughts about the world. Now that he shares them on a regular basis, it’s plain for all to see he’s just another cable news watching dumbass. They should have him on The View, he’d fit right in with the rest of the panel.

EDIT: This guy nailed it. https://penthousemagazine.com/the-case-against-woke-axl-rose/

Edited by Flayer