Jump to content
Gambit83

Appetite for Distortion - Rob Janas and Kevin Fleming talk Axl Rose in Looney Tunes | Ep. 126

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

as in the specific date? There's a funny story when they told him 9, assuming it was known as 9am because voiceovers is a day job for people, but Axl came at 9 at night.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He did his high register in one take.. that's pretty damn awesome.  Inspiring for anyone who doubts he can still perform well in the studio environment!

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Pskihq92 said:

He did his high register in one take.. that's pretty damn awesome.  Inspiring for anyone who doubts he can still perform well in the studio environment!

Yes this is exactly what I take out of all of that, and the most important thing, that if true about Axl doing the vocals for this song in such a short space of time then that truly is impressive! His studio-recorded voice is phenomenal. I love the song and his vocals. I wish Axl would stay in the bloody studio and record many, many more songs before it really isn't possible anymore.

And great job and guests Gambit83 !

  • GNFNR 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It’s good to hear he wanted the character to look more like his current self.

It’s refreshing to see when most of the tour lithographs and the Funko Pop were based on how he looked in the 80s/90s. 

 

Axl attitude is to praise, though seem the Looney Tunes production not to pay attention to Axl wish. Because the Axl character is Axl 80s/90s look's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ratam said:

Axl attitude is to praise, though seem the Looney Tunes production not to pay attention to Axl wish. Because the Axl character is Axl 80s/90s look's.

The drawing may be a bit thinner but the attire is definitely supposed to be current Axl. The leather jacket, shirt around the waist. All the bling and the bandanas/dog collars around his ankles. 

 

It's 100% an idealised version of modern Axl. Just a shame he's blonde. 🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ObsessionofVanity said:

The drawing may be a bit thinner but the attire is definitely supposed to be current Axl. The leather jacket, shirt around the waist. All the bling and the bandanas/dog collars around his ankles. 

 

It's 100% an idealised version of modern Axl. Just a shame he's blonde. 🤣

You are right about Axl attire, but i most refered Axl body, i guess they make a.mix of current Axl and young Axl. Axl long hair is Axl young too. Yes , i don't understad the reason of Axl blonde  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ratam said:

You are right about Axl attire, but i most refered Axl body, i guess they make a.mix of current Axl and young Axl. Axl long hair is Axl young too. Yes , i don't understad the reason of Axl blonde  :D

Axl's probably blonde to offset the colour palette of the background, which is red, orange/brown and blue.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Axl's probably blonde to offset the colour palette of the background, which is red, orange/brown and blue.

very smart you part, i was'n think it 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to laugh at Rob's impression of the way Axl talks. Axl has a very distinct way he talks and it rarely gets mentioned. I thought it was hilarious that every time Rob quoted Axl, he went into his "Axl voice" :lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Axl has a very distinct way he talks and it rarely gets mentioned.

Is this an accent or just the way he is?

I've always wondered if he had a special accent, even though he's lived in L.A. for most part of his life, as a non-native English speaker, I have noticed his particular way of talking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Is this an accent or just the way he is?

I've always wondered if he had a special accent, even though he's lived in L.A. for most part of his life, as a non-native English speaker, I have noticed his particular way of talking.

It's just the way he is.

All of us in the US think everyone else has the accents and we are the "normal" speakers lol. Even within to US, people from my area (Michigan) think everyone else has the accent. People from California think that, as do people from Boston and so on and so on. 

What's funny about Axl is that anyone who is from the USA could immediately tell what two parts of the country he is from. His speech pattern is a mid west accent mixed with a southern California accent, which is the two places he's spent the most time in his life. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's just the way he is.

All of us in the US think everyone else has the accents and we are the "normal" speakers lol. Even within to US, people from my area (Michigan) think everyone else has the accent. People from California think that, as do people from Boston and so on and so on. 

What's funny about Axl is that anyone who is from the USA could immediatetly tell what two parts of the country he is from. His speech pattern is a mid west accent mixed with a southern California accent, which is the two places he's spent the most time in his life. 

Thanks!! I thought he sounded Midwestern at times, but that's because I've watched too many movies! :P I wish I could distinguish particular accents in American English.

In Argentina we have regions with different accents and intonation, but a non-native speaker wouldn't realize about it.

Nice to know this can happen in other languages as well :)

Axl sounds funny when he impersonates others :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally had the chance to listen to this one, those guys were pretty funny.

Thanks again for these interviews, Brando. Even the ones furthest removed from the degrees of GN'R Bacon are always interesting to listen to.

On a side note: is there any chance of these podcasts appearing on Spotify at some point? Longer streams can be a bit of a ballache on websites.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Finally had the chance to listen to this one, those guys were pretty funny.

Thanks again for these interviews, Brando. Even the ones furthest removed from the degrees of GN'R Bacon are always interesting to listen to.

On a side note: is there any chance of these podcasts appearing on Spotify at some point? Longer streams can be a bit of a ballache on websites.

Thanks! I tried submitting to Spotify awhile ago, but now since I'm an official iHeart podcast I believe I'm beholden to them. I'm on a few other outlets though, Spreaker and SoundCloud are pretty easy to use.

Edited by Gambit83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×