Appetite for Distortion - Rob Janas and Kevin Fleming talk Axl Rose in Looney Tunes | Ep. 126

20 hours ago, Pskihq92 said:

He did his high register in one take.. that's pretty damn awesome.  Inspiring for anyone who doubts he can still perform well in the studio environment!

Yes this is exactly what I take out of all of that, and the most important thing, that if true about Axl doing the vocals for this song in such a short space of time then that truly is impressive! His studio-recorded voice is phenomenal. I love the song and his vocals. I wish Axl would stay in the bloody studio and record many, many more songs before it really isn't possible anymore.

And great job and guests Gambit83 !

• GNFNR 2

57 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It’s good to hear he wanted the character to look more like his current self.

It’s refreshing to see when most of the tour lithographs and the Funko Pop were based on how he looked in the 80s/90s. 

Axl attitude is to praise, though seem the Looney Tunes production not to pay attention to Axl wish. Because the Axl character is Axl 80s/90s look's.

5 hours ago, Ratam said:

Axl attitude is to praise, though seem the Looney Tunes production not to pay attention to Axl wish. Because the Axl character is Axl 80s/90s look's.

The drawing may be a bit thinner but the attire is definitely supposed to be current Axl. The leather jacket, shirt around the waist. All the bling and the bandanas/dog collars around his ankles. 

It's 100% an idealised version of modern Axl. Just a shame he's blonde. 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ObsessionofVanity said:

The drawing may be a bit thinner but the attire is definitely supposed to be current Axl. The leather jacket, shirt around the waist. All the bling and the bandanas/dog collars around his ankles. 

It's 100% an idealised version of modern Axl. Just a shame he's blonde. 🤣

You are right about Axl attire, but i most refered Axl body, i guess they make a.mix of current Axl and young Axl. Axl long hair is Axl young too. Yes , i don't understad the reason of Axl blonde  :D

3 hours ago, Ratam said:

You are right about Axl attire, but i most refered Axl body, i guess they make a.mix of current Axl and young Axl. Axl long hair is Axl young too. Yes , i don't understad the reason of Axl blonde  :D

Axl's probably blonde to offset the colour palette of the background, which is red, orange/brown and blue.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Axl has a very distinct way he talks and it rarely gets mentioned.

Is this an accent or just the way he is?

I've always wondered if he had a special accent, even though he's lived in L.A. for most part of his life, as a non-native English speaker, I have noticed his particular way of talking.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Is this an accent or just the way he is?

I've always wondered if he had a special accent, even though he's lived in L.A. for most part of his life, as a non-native English speaker, I have noticed his particular way of talking.

It's just the way he is.

All of us in the US think everyone else has the accents and we are the "normal" speakers lol. Even within to US, people from my area (Michigan) think everyone else has the accent. People from California think that, as do people from Boston and so on and so on. 

What's funny about Axl is that anyone who is from the USA could immediately tell what two parts of the country he is from. His speech pattern is a mid west accent mixed with a southern California accent, which is the two places he's spent the most time in his life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's just the way he is.

All of us in the US think everyone else has the accents and we are the "normal" speakers lol. Even within to US, people from my area (Michigan) think everyone else has the accent. People from California think that, as do people from Boston and so on and so on. 

What's funny about Axl is that anyone who is from the USA could immediatetly tell what two parts of the country he is from. His speech pattern is a mid west accent mixed with a southern California accent, which is the two places he's spent the most time in his life. 

Thanks!! I thought he sounded Midwestern at times, but that's because I've watched too many movies! :P I wish I could distinguish particular accents in American English.

In Argentina we have regions with different accents and intonation, but a non-native speaker wouldn't realize about it.

Nice to know this can happen in other languages as well :)

Axl sounds funny when he impersonates others :lol:

• Like 2

Finally had the chance to listen to this one, those guys were pretty funny.

Thanks again for these interviews, Brando. Even the ones furthest removed from the degrees of GN'R Bacon are always interesting to listen to.

On a side note: is there any chance of these podcasts appearing on Spotify at some point? Longer streams can be a bit of a ballache on websites.

• GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Finally had the chance to listen to this one, those guys were pretty funny.

Thanks again for these interviews, Brando. Even the ones furthest removed from the degrees of GN'R Bacon are always interesting to listen to.

On a side note: is there any chance of these podcasts appearing on Spotify at some point? Longer streams can be a bit of a ballache on websites.

Thanks! I tried submitting to Spotify awhile ago, but now since I'm an official iHeart podcast I believe I'm beholden to them. I'm on a few other outlets though, Spreaker and SoundCloud are pretty easy to use.

Edited by Gambit83