Marvel fatigue anyone

I don't know about anyone else, but now that the Infinity Saga is done, I'm kinda "over" the MCU now. Not completely, I'm moderately interested with where things are going to go, but having said that NOTHING coming out soon makes me excited. I'm just kinda "blah" about all the upcoming films, tbh. I'll be honest, Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hulk and Black Widow make the MCU go, and ALL are radically different or gone now. I'm not that invested in the remaining characters to really "care" at this point. Its STILL the MCU, so I'll be paying attention, but I think the best is behind us if I'm honest. 

For me, bringing in the xmen (wolverine specifically) and doing him GREAT, could change my opinions. But I feel like they are going to bench him for a while because of the Fox films. When they finally bring them in, it'll probably be too late. 

I haven't felt this way, ever about the MCU, so it's a new feeling. I didn't like Endgame all that much, tbh. It was good, fine, etc. But it felt "cheap" in a lot of ways. It felt like a series finally, and us such, it was a little underwhelming like most series finales tend to be. Again, not bad, just not great either. I think Infinity War was a MUCH better film, as was Avengers 1. I could go on and on about what I didn't like about it, but instead I'm curious if anyone else feels this way? I'm kinda open to moving on to another film series at this point. The MCU has its place, it had its run, but now it's time for something new. Something that's NOT super heroes.

• Like 2

Basically sums up my feelings. I'm eager to see the upcoming Spider-Man movie, because Tom Holland just nails that role, and I hope down the line we get Guardians of the Galaxy with Thor, but other than that... meh. 

Enjoyed the solo movies of Doctor Strange, Black Panther and especially Captain Marvel, which was a fun action movie, a kind of palate cleanser before the Endgame, but I'm not really interested in seeing more of them.

I'm quite happy how the Infinity Saga ended and I think this could be a good time to get off the train, so to speak.

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

I checked out as soon as DC started putting out films, those are more my characters. I haven't seen a Marvel movie in theatres since Iron Man 2, and gone very little out of my way to see any online. Unless the Deadpools & Xmens count. But they's not MCU. 

I could care even less about DC tbh. At least the MCU has told a great and pretty consistent story in the Infinity Saga. Not starting a flam wars, but DC hasnt made a film that looked good to me since The Dark Knight or The Watchmen (I'm not sure which was first).

As I said earlier though, I'm kinda over superheroes at the moment. I wish the Monsterverse caught on a little better, I really liked KOTM.

35 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

At least the MCU has told a great and pretty consistent story in the Infinity Saga.

And they didn't have a single character that interested me. Not like Batman or WW. Iron Man? Captain America? those aren't really A level Marvel to begin with, they signed those away to Fox and Sony. Avengers wasn't a comic I ever collected. And without that connection, those movies are meaningless to me.

I agree I think that's why the latest Marvel movie got rid of some of them. lol I think these movies cost tons of money to make and since most of the actors are getting too old to play super heros, if it ended it would be okay with me.

I probably will buy the Endgame dvd when it comes out. I never got to the theatre to see it. 

Tons of horror movies coming out. I definitely want to see Child's play and Annabelle Comes home. Horror never gets old for me.

I grew up with the Infinity Guantlet comic series (I still have them all). So after Avengers 1, I was HOOKED. Since that story line has run its course, my next favorite story lines are all xmen story lines. I just don't see ANY of those happening anytime soon, if at all. I would LOVE to see a proper Phoenix and Dark Phoenix films being done. But since Fox screwed them up so bad, the MCU probably won't touch them (which I cant blame them, the general public could probably care less about another Phoenix film at this point). Which really sucks, seeing the M'kran crystal, Gladiator, and the rest of that would be AMAZING. But it'll probably never happen now. I was hoping Disney was going to can the current dark Phoenix film because it was going to kill the story. But from what I've heard, even if it only makes 1 million dollars, it's basically free money to Disney because they didn't make it, yet they get all the prophets. 

As others have said, who is the MCU going to focus on now? Captain Marvel? No thanks. The ONLY storyline involving that character that would be good, is when Rogue steals her powers. But with how Disney has built up that character, that's never going to happen. 

I used to be really excited with what was going on in the MCU, but I feel that politics will take the priority over storytelling going forward (like with Captain Marvel). In the comics, Rogue takes her powers and essentially kills her (puts her into a coma she never really gets out of). I would be ALL FOR that story, but it would involve "killing off" their big "girl power" character. That will NEVER happen. 

So what are we going to be left with, a bunch a c and d list characters? IDK... Feels like it's over imo. 

If they do a proper coming of Galactus, with the Silver Surfer, I might change my mind. Or bringing in the xmen asap.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

My main problem is the ''Marvel humour'', post-ironic, frequently breaking through ''The Fourth Wall'', removes any sense of impending danger. It is difficult to feel there is any great threat to planetary destruction when the quipping is so continuous. 

• Like 4

While I am "less" interested now due to Captain America and Iron Man's stories being over, I'm still looking forward to what they do next. Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor, Dr. Strange and Spider-Man still have me excited and interested in their stories and whatever they have planned next with their movies, but outside of that, the next "Phase 4" should be interesting.

That being said, I'm skeptical of the X-Men being brought in, but since they'll likely recast mostly (if not all) everyone, it should be a fresh take (but a hard pill to swallow).

I've had Marvel fatigue since that ending battle in The Avengers nearly put me to sleep! These are just kids movies!

I was actually a big fan of the first two Iron Man movies. It was way more practical and almost quaint compared to later Marvel movies. I also enjoyed the final battle in Iron Man II with Tony and Rhodes vs Micky Rourke. It was quick and to the point and didn't involve each guy hitting eachother a hundred times!

On 14/06/2019 at 10:59 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Would entail me liking these films in the first place, although admittedly some of the earlier ones are entertaining (I have a nephew so am rather forced into watching them). The first Captain America with the retro '40s feel was fun.

You can see my house in that film. 

1 hour ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

I haven't seen Captain Marvel or Endgame yet, but I want to. I really enjoyed Thor Ragnorak, Black Panther and Spider-Man: Homecoming. Want to see the new one too. 

IMO: Captain Marvel sucked and Endgame was just okay.

I agree with you that Ragnarok, Homecoming, and Panther were all great, though! Guess that’s why I’m so excited for Far From Home.

Edited by rocknroll41

Everyone loves to talk about 'superhero fatigue' but it's very much something that is only observed on an individual basis. With Avengers: Endgame becoming the second highest grossing movie of all time in less than two months, its very clear that the MCU is extremely popular and people still crave these movies. 

Like all things, these movies will eventually die down. But as a huge fan I am just happy to enjoy the ride and see some of my favorite characters be loved and accepted instead of shamed.