New song for the October shows?

Many members of the band have hinted that they've begun working on unreleased material (recycled CD songs with Axl +Duff+ Slash or brand new material).

Does anyone think they will premiere one or more of these new songs during the October shows?

• Haha 1

I think they should!

The Appetite songs were worked over so many times before being put to tape... they should just say “here’s something we’re working on.” Throw it out there and gauge the response... don’t overthink it.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

I'm thinking there will be a new single coming out in the fall. You have two actors who are big fans of GNR coming out with new movies: Stallone and Schwarzenegger. It would be very fitting for GNR to have a new song featured in the last Rambo or Terminator movies. 

It would make sense that they'd play new material live, but GNR usually doesn't make sense, so I wouldn't hold my breath... depends what the buzz is like in September/October really, and what Slash and Duff are saying in interviews leading up to the shows.

As far as deep cuts, I'd like to hear You Ain't The First instead of UTLH or Wichita Lineman.

I don't think there's any chance of that happening. It makes no sense to do it.

If it's a great song, then they've let the cat out of the bag as it's all over the internet. If it's a bad song then it's all over the internet and people are shitting all over it, killing the momentum for the record. It's not like the old days of road testing songs before recording them, I mean you can play the songs live but you are essentially leaking your own material.

My thoughts are to keep a lid on it until the records ready.

• Like 2

Drop Black hole sun etc. and make it a bit more of a condensed tight set, that would be enough in my opinion... obviously we all wanna hear Pretty tied up and other songs but they seem pretty cozy with the same old songs, so not much point getting bent out of shape over it.

1 hour ago, billy rose bailey said:

I disagree I think it would give the fans a chance to hear the style of the new record and decide themselves if it is good or bad

Why?  If the fans don't like the new style of the new album, you think they will scrap it and just 'do a new one'?  We're getting what we're getting, if we're getting anything.

------------------------------------

There is zero chance of new stuff being revealed live.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bailey15 said:

Many members of the band have hinted that they've begun working on unreleased material (recycled CD songs with Axl +Duff+ Slash or brand new material).

Does anyone think they will premiere one or more of these new songs during the October shows?

thats what normal bands do.

we are going to get a webpage with a timer on it. cryptic posters turning up in rough areas and nonsense like that. 

followed by a T Rex cover. 

• Like 1