New song for the October shows?

Chill out Homies 

Album is coming -if it has some left overs from Cd so be it 

There will Be new Rockers 4 sure 

Never Liked Cd never will but when Slash twisted them live it gave them new energy 

TIL is killer Live 🎩🎩

Democracy and Better are killer live with Slash 

All the other CD numbers are pretty lame imo 

The reason that might have re-record some old Cd Numbers is the vox 

Axl was in tune then and the band can use his isolated vocals to jam 2 

I hope Axl proves me wrong in September @louder than life with his vox 

I’m there to see Slash and I know he won’t dissapoint 

I’m guessing the majority of tickets are sold to people looking to hear the hits and/or get drunk at a fun rock show.  If the shows can sell out and merch can be sold, why introduce new songs most people wouldn’t care about?  The average person would probably like a cover of Freebird over new stuff. 

I am speaking to the big festival and arena shows.  

Remember, we are not average casual fans.

3 hours ago, ericy210 said:

I’m guessing the majority of tickets are sold to people looking to hear the hits and/or get drunk at a fun rock show.  If the shows can sell out and merch can be sold, why introduce new songs most people wouldn’t care about?  The average person would probably like a cover of Freebird over new stuff. 

I am speaking to the big festival and arena shows.  

Remember, we are not average casual fans.

at Download 2018 people were rocking out to the GNR classics and the cover songs.

during songs like "Better" they were stood scratching their heads trying to work out what song it was and who the original artist was.

i guess those 1K Vegas tickets mentioned in another thread are to sort out the casuals from the hardcore. 

I do love how Axl And his Voice are more raspier on Cd songs than AFD and Illusions Numbers 

Dont know if it’s on purpose or it is AXL Being Axl 

Different Vox on his CD songs - been saying this since the tour started 

9 hours ago, donny said:

during songs like "Better" they were stood scratching their heads trying to work out what song it was and who the original artist was.

That has been my experience with Better. The shows are usually rocking until that weirdness starts pumping through the PA. It sounds nothing like Guns N' Roses and it is just bad.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, donny said:

at Download 2018 people were rocking out to the GNR classics and the cover songs.

i guess those 1K Vegas tickets mentioned in another thread are to sort out the casuals from the hardcore. 

No - they're to sort out those who can afford it from those who can't. 

Having £1k to spend on a concert doesn't make you a 'hardcore' fan. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 1:26 AM, donny said:

I’ve seen plenty of shows in NY PA and NJ and a lot of folks singing along to Better and CD. 

Here in Brazil the overall reaction to CD songs were always good but I dont think it is because of the songs itself, but the show atmosphere in general, people dont want to stop having fun and they dont. 

Tbh, Brazil is very open minded to anything and would be a good place to debut new songs, if the crowd gets bored with it, then there's probably something very wrong with it. 

• Like 1

I'm wondering if this is going to be the round where GNR try to sell the shows through some kind of internet viewing program.  Get it out there they are previewing new music and you can watch online, I think people would buy in.  Facebook live map isn't working like it did the last time they were on tour.  Going to be a lot harder for us to find people streaming the shows.  And while I love you folks who do that for us, you can't sing and you don't know all the words. :lol:

• Haha 1

It wouldn't surprise me if they did. It certainly wouldn't be unprecedented.  Have Guns ever released an album of completely unheard material? Appetite obviously had songs that had been played live, as did the illusons and CD. I'm struggling to remember if any of the original songs off GN'R Lies were given a run out before release, and I'm excluding TSI for obvious reasoms here, but even Attitude and Down on the Farm were also played live prior to release.

So, as I say, it certainly wouldn't be unprecedented. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hellpool said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they did. It certainly wouldn't be unprecedented.  Have Guns ever released an album of completely unheard material? Appetite obviously had songs that had been played live, as did the illusons and CD. I'm struggling to remember if any of the original songs off GN'R Lies were given a run out before release, and I'm excluding TSI for obvious reasoms here, but even Attitude and Down on the Farm were also played live prior to release.

I agree 100%, but that was all back in the days before the internet (excluding CD) I’m sure the band and management don’t want the first representation of new material to be a live recording spreading like wildfire over YouTube with axls weak live vocals.... any new music released will be polished studio versions imo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I agree 100%, but that was all back in the days before the internet (excluding CD) I’m sure the band and management don’t want the first representation of new material to be a live recording spreading like wildfire over YouTube with axls weak live vocals.... any new music released will be polished studio versions imo

At this point, it would be best if they release a surprise single with a cool video before playing it live.

It's just what it is, with Axl's live vocals and all...you can't change the first impression and Guns are simply not that good live nowadays that they could really pull it off, I guess.

Imagine you never heard Slither or Shadow of your love before their live debut...

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 3

On 6/19/2019 at 12:27 PM, RussTCB said:

I'll say this about the Chinese material at the shows I saw: At Detroit 2016, a dude saw how much I was rocking out to Better and said "WHAT SONG IS THIS??", so I yelled "Better, it's from Chinese Democracy!" to him and his wife. He shrugged his shoulders, looked at her and yelled "WOW, MAYBE THE ALBUM DOESN'T SUCK!" lol. I'm willing to pass that off as a dude just being excited about the show in general. However, I did have people ask me something along the lines of "what song is this" at Chicago 2, 2016. When said "This I Love from Chinese" they were also like "Wow, not bad". Vegas 2, 2016 doesn't count because everyone in that venue already knew CD and already made up their mind if they loved it or hated it lol.

It was funny at that particular show because I had @buzzsaw on one side of my who hated TIL and @Otto on the other side who loves it. Then there's me in the middle of them thinking "I love this song, but please don't fuck up the solo Slash!" lol

The Chicago 2 Better and TiL were on another level. Some of the best versions of those songs ever. I remember you turning to me during both of them and we were both in disbelief

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hellpool said:

All of the Lies songs were played at CBGB in 1987, over a year before the album’s release. So, your observation of each album up until now having material debut live beforehand is correct.

with that being said, I agree with others here that it won’t be the same this time around. We live in a different world now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

All of the Lies songs were played at CBGB in 1987, over a year before the album’s release. So, your observation of each album up until now having material debut live beforehand is correct.

with that being said, I agree with others here that it won’t be the same this time around. We live in a different world now.

Indeed.

It's not 1987 anymore. Hell, we're a far cry from 2006. 

I highly doubt we'll ever hear a new GNR tune live these days before one gets released.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hellpool said:

I'm struggling to remember if any of the original songs off GN'R Lies were given a run out before release

Reckless Life, Move To the City, Patience, Used To Love Her, You're Crazy and One In a million were all played live before it's release.  

On 6/19/2019 at 8:18 AM, TMAC20 said:

I do love how Axl And his Voice are more raspier on Cd songs than AFD and Illusions Numbers 

Dont know if it’s on purpose or it is AXL Being Axl 

Different Vox on his CD songs - been saying this since the tour started 

The Chinese songs are just a different beast. Vocally, those songs are much different from older stuff.

Better is full Mickey, besides the chorus and breakdown, basically the same effort he gives on Jungle. 

Chinese is sung in a voice that just doesn’t require much effort from him. It’s more him just raising his voice. Similar to how he does the nightrain verse now. 

This is love is, well, you got me there. He does TRY to go all rasp on most of it. But it’s just a bad fail now. 

I don’t think he approaches the Chinese songs with any more effort or intensity. They’re just vocally different.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Why on earth would people think it could be played live, let alone wanting to hear that played live?! As you say - it was a joke song for a children's cartoon! 

Seriously.. Joke is the right word that "song" too. It is perplexing how much attention it got around here. Says quite a bit about the state of the Gn'R world. 

• Like 2