New song for the October shows?

32 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yes, but he was actually asking about original songs

My bad. Thanks for clarifying.

29 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seriously.. Joke is the right word that "song" too. It is perplexing how much attention it got around here. Says quite a bit about the state of the Gn'R world. 

Well, to be fair, it was Axl’s first officially-released recording of NEW studio vocals in ten years! XD

• Like 3

On 21/06/2019 at 2:21 PM, default_ said:

Here in Brazil the overall reaction to CD songs were always good but I dont think it is because of the songs itself, but the show atmosphere in general, people dont want to stop having fun and they dont. 

Tbh, Brazil is very open minded to anything and would be a good place to debut new songs, if the crowd gets bored with it, then there's probably something very wrong with it. 

True. I was there, and crowd goes crazy! Everyone singing alongside Chinese Democracy

And in 2016, the same thing:

Edited by Guitto

When I was at download madrid there was a posser mother (with her daughter, casual fan I guess) behind me singing all the classic songs with invented lyrics, I swear she tried to sing on better (what I remember is that she totally ruined live and let die, civil war and estranged, on this one I started to sing louder so I could't hear her), maybe she confused it with another song, most people there didn't know Better, on the other hand, everybody seemed to like This I love in Madrid 2017 (Axl nailed it and everybody cheered)

I wish GNR would just record The Seeker and Wichita Lineman and release it as 2 singles, which would atleast tie people over for a little bit, then release a album. My guess is the band wants to release a new written GNR song first which if it sucked or not it would sell massively well since it would mark the first new GNR song with Axl, Slash n Duff in 28 years.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

I wish GNR would just record The Seeker and Wichita Lineman and release it as 2 singles, which would atleast tie people over for a little bit, then release a album. My guess is the band wants to release a new written GNR song first which if it sucked or not it would sell massively well since it would mark the first new GNR song with Axl, Slash n Duff in 28 years.

You seriously think releasing two covers that less then half the fan base likes would hold people over? 

I sincerely doubt it. 

We shouldn't need something to hold us over. Releasing whole albums of new material just isn't that hard for any band, except for one. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You seriously think releasing two covers that less then half the fan base likes would hold people over? 

I sincerely doubt it. 

We shouldn't need something to hold us over. Releasing whole albums of new material just isn't that hard for any band, except for one.

Thinking about it, no not really, guess I wasn't thinking when I typed that. I do hope we atleast get something new this year. 

TIL comes off as some overwrought Broadway incel shit to me... with Slash playing every note of every scale as as solo. Definitely a merch break.

I just want them to fucking play Dust N' Bones, already! And Bad Obsession... why the fuck aren't they playing these! Ahhh!

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ant said:

TIL comes off as some overwrought Broadway incel shit to me... with Slash playing every note of every scale as as solo. Definitely a merch break for me. 

100% agree, the song is so boring and people on YouTube people call it a masterpiece and Axls best song, which personally it's in my top 10 worst GNR songs, and  I'm so happy they replaced it with Madagascar that last few gigs last year.

12 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

100% agree, the song is so boring and people on YouTube people call it a masterpiece and Axls best song, which personally it's in my top 10 worst GNR songs, and  I'm so happy they replaced it with Madagascar that last few gigs last year.

I enjoyed TIL, only because it’s the perfect length to take a piss and get another beer. Then back in time to see civil war

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I was joking, but yeah, not bad for a song written by a producer for a kid's cartoon, lol.

I was joking too haha, but ya I didn't think it was that bad, atleast we got to hear how axls vocals would sound in the studio in 2019

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

lol.. I feel awkward when they are playing it...

Even as a devout Chinese fan I think TIL is the worst part of the set, it was better when Axl had the vocals to support it but now it’s a train wreck almost every time it’s played.

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Even as a devout Chinese fan I think TIL is the worst part of the set, it was better when Axl had the vocals to support it but now it’s a train wreck almost every time it’s played.

Those 2010 vocals on TIL were actually pretty fucking killer, after that it just became the most boring song they played live at almost every gig.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I sincerely doubt it. 

I really REALLY like how they did The Seeker, but c'mon thats not a single. Would be happy if it ended up on a greatest hits or whatever someday.

Wichita Lineman, I just don't get it. I guess its an American thing, but you saw the energy flow out of the crowd when they played here in Europe last summer. _Most_ _Boring_ _Song_ _Ever_

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ant said:

TIL comes off as some overwrought Broadway incel shit to me... with Slash playing every note of every scale as as solo. Definitely a merch break.

I just want them to fucking play Dust N' Bones, already! And Bad Obsession... why the fuck aren't they playing these! Ahhh!

How are they supposed to do Dust N’ Bones without Izzy? And Bad Obsession without a harmonica?

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

How are they supposed to do Dust N’ Bones without Izzy? And Bad Obsession without a harmonica?

Duff has been doing Dust N Bones on his Solo tour, but it doesn't sound right without Izzy. Ya they couldn't do Bad Obsession, unless Melissa knows how to play a harmonica 😂.

Mel on the synth harmonica? I seriously think she has synth pads on her tambourine (though no ones yet to agree with me! lol).

I think leaving out the Izzy lead vocals features is a nice gesture. But thats just me. If they were mega hits Im sure theyd be playing them.