Jump to content
Bailey15

New song for the October shows?

Recommended Posts

Many members of the band have hinted that they've begun working on unreleased material (recycled CD songs with Axl +Duff+ Slash or brand new material).

 

Does anyone think they will premiere one or more of these new songs during the October shows?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think they should!

The Appetite songs were worked over so many times before being put to tape... they should just say “here’s something we’re working on.” Throw it out there and gauge the response... don’t overthink it.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking there will be a new single coming out in the fall. You have two actors who are big fans of GNR coming out with new movies: Stallone and Schwarzenegger. It would be very fitting for GNR to have a new song featured in the last Rambo or Terminator movies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chances of nothing new- 75%

Chance of cut songs (SOYL, Slither, etc)- 80%

Chance of new cover- 55%

Chance of added unplayed Chinese song- 30%

Chance of unplayed classic band song- 10%

Chance of new song- 3%

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Rock the Rock but chances are too low.

Though I would reallly really like to see them perform Bad Obsession. It fits Axl's current voice capabilities and it's a UYI revival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Maybe Rock the Rock but chances are too low.

Though I would reallly really like to see them perform Bad Obsession. It fits Axl's current voice capabilities and it's a UYI revival.

hoping to god for silkworms oh my god or dead horse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would make sense that they'd play new material live, but GNR usually doesn't make sense, so I wouldn't hold my breath... depends what the buzz is like in September/October really, and what Slash and Duff are saying in interviews leading up to the shows.

As far as deep cuts, I'd like to hear You Ain't The First instead of UTLH or Wichita Lineman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard from a source of a source who's friends with some Portuguese hooligans that took holidays in Malibu back in 1999 that they've been rehearsing Feargal Sharkey's 1985 hit 'A Good Heart'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dean said:

I've heard from a source of a source who's friends with some Portuguese hooligans that took holidays in Malibu back in 1999 that they've been rehearsing Feargal Sharkey's 1985 hit 'A Good Heart'. 

not another cover they need to play dead horse bad obsession and oh my god

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think there's any chance of that happening. It makes no sense to do it.

If it's a great song, then they've let the cat out of the bag as it's all over the internet. If it's a bad song then it's all over the internet and people are shitting all over it, killing the momentum for the record. It's not like the old days of road testing songs before recording them, I mean you can play the songs live but you are essentially leaking your own material.

My thoughts are to keep a lid on it until the records ready.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drop Black hole sun etc. and make it a bit more of a condensed tight set, that would be enough in my opinion... obviously we all wanna hear Pretty tied up and other songs but they seem pretty cozy with the same old songs, so not much point getting bent out of shape over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I don't think there's any chance of that happening. It makes no sense to do it.

If it's a great song, then they've let the cat out of the bag as it's all over the internet. If it's a bad song then it's all over the internet and people are shitting all over it, killing the momentum for the record. It's not like the old days of road testing songs before recording them, I mean you can play the songs live but you are essentially leaking your own material.

My thoughts are to keep a lid on it until the records ready.

I disagree I think it would give the fans a chance to hear the style of the new record and decide themselves if it is good or bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they might drop some of the covers and play some old use your illusion stuff and maybe a song or two off the next record

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’d be stupid to debut a new song with Axls current vocals. Save it for the Release or it will get  shit on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ApacheChief42 said:

Watch them just play it over the PA system before the show like they did with Hair of the Dog

That would be a great idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

They’d be stupid to debut a new song with Axls current vocals. Save it for the Release or it will get  shit on.

not if he sings with a lower register

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, billy rose bailey said:

not if he sings with a lower register

True, but imo any new successful single is gonna need to be a true rocker with Axls screeching vocals and slash going crazy. A solid rocker that’s very identifiable as GNR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, megaguns1982 said:

True, but imo any new successful single is gonna need to be a true rocker with Axls screeching vocals and slash going crazy. A solid rocker that’s very identifiable as GNR

 I agree hopefully on the next tour he has lost some weight and worked on his vocals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×