NITLT 8 New dates Announced

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Welll. It drives ticket prices up for every single one of us.

Agreed.  That's why I'm pissed at you for buying a ticket to any GNR show at all in the past.  You've driven up the prices to this level!!! :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Natty said:

people who go to every (or almost) show have no life and shouldn t feel proud or anything similar but sad cause their life is so empty they have nothing else to do. Going to some shows is great.. but every show means you have nobody and/or nothing else in life = poor thing

Yeah. Out of likes, but that. I know I love going to shows and probably would go to some more if I could afford it/would feel comfortable spending that much/wouldn't have an intense dislike of getting ripped off, but going to every single one of them, standing in line every fucking day to be at the front, not batting an eye spending thousands on tickets and travel and being on tour since 3 years. Yeah. That is sad and really no accomplishment when you have more money than god and nothing else going on in your life.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I was almost banned from here for using the term GNR-Educator (TM) but fans can criticize other fans for going to multiple shows? Again ,who cares?  Their money,their life. Doesn't impact any of us in the slightest. 

No it doesn't.

Yeah. It does. If people wouldn't pay those outrageous ticket prices, GNR would have to do something about it. Every single one paying those prices is responsible for them keeping those prices and even raising them. There is no denying.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I was almost banned from here for using the term GNR-Educator (TM) but fans can criticize other fans for going to multiple shows? Again ,who cares?  Their money,their life. Doesn't impact any of us in the slightest. 

No it doesn't.

I haven‘t seen anyone critizing anybody above. 

Personally I just wasn’t aware that there are fans who have seen every single show of this three year lasting tour. Its just unbelievable. I just wanted to know what kind of people they are (sex, age, origin).  Nothing more and nothing less. 

6 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Welll. It drives ticket prices up for every single one of us.

exactly.. the direction is wrong already... I mean how can they ask more money now? what have they done to justify 1000 usd and more??? it s a joke

people who defend or pay such prices ruin it for the rest of the people who simply don t want or cannot spend it. 

5 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

Agreed.  That's why I'm pissed at you for buying a ticket to any GNR show at all in the past.  You've driven up the prices to this level!!! :facepalm:

Most of my shows have been festival shows, where tickets where considerably cheaper than at GNR solo shows. I've specifically went to the shows that where cheaper than the regular GNR shows. On average I paid about 60 $ less then what they usually charge for pit tickets. I have not bought 1 single early entry ticket. I've been to less shows, because of the ticket prices. So, I have a clear conscience.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. It does. If people wouldn't pay those outrageous ticket prices, GNR would have to do something about it. Every single one paying those prices is responsible for them keeping those prices and even raising them. There is no denying.

Using that logic nobody should pump gas,it costs too much here in Upstate New York. A concert ticket is a luxury not a necessity.

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Who cares what someone else does with their money? If they can afford it more power to them. I saw 11 NITL shows between Australia,Canada,Vegas etc. I'm no bigger or better fan than anyone just lucky I was able to do it. I can't swing Vegas this time but that's a real first world problem to have. I hope everyone going has a blast. 

No one.  People do care that they can no longer go and see their favourite band because of absolutely extortionate prices though. 

GNR live seems to be a rich mans game now - that's truly sad. As you say yourself, it doesn't make you any more or less of a fan to be rich......but sadly it does mean you're the only one able to see them live. 

Not sitting on a fortune and like GNR? Time to step aside, you're not welcome or wanted. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Natty said:

exactly.. the direction is wrong already... I mean how can they ask more money now? what have they done to justify 1000 usd and more??? it s a joke

people who defend or pay such prices ruin it for the rest of the people who simply don t want or cannot spend it. 

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

I haven‘t seen anyone critizing anybody above. 

Personally I just wasn’t aware that there are fans who have seen every single show of this three year lasting tour. Its just unbelievable. I just wanted to know what kind of people they are (sex, age, origin).  Nothing more and nothing less. 

They were called mad and essentially told that they have no life. In fact if someone can afford to see every show they'd be pretty well off and financially secure to do that.

• Like 1

They were called mad and essentially told that they have no life. In fact if someone can afford to see every show they'd be pretty well off and financially secure to do that.

You can be that and still have no life.

• Thanks 1

On 17-6-2019 at 7:04 PM, SAU3R said:

UYI tour had 194 shows, NITL has 174 so far (the fall shows included) so I guess they still have a reason to keep on adding dates :wacko:

25 Shows to beat NITL....piece of cake....come back to Europe (and Asia, Down Under and Africa)

I got into a GnR show for $50 a few years ago. Yeah it wasn't the best seat but for a band that size the tickets won't be less than that. Also most shows (not just GnR) can be attended for below face value if you wait long enough and use stubhub. So yeah pretty much anyone with a little disposable income can go if they come to your city and tickets start at $50.

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

Just saw it. My post was already out of date whilst writing it. 

4 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Most of my shows have been festival shows, where tickets where considerably cheaper than at GNR solo shows. I've specifically went to the shows that where cheaper than the regular GNR shows. On average I paid about 60 $ less then what they usually charge for pit tickets. I have not bought 1 single early entry ticket. I've been to less shows, because of the ticket prices. So, I have a clear conscience.

Lol a clear conscience??  Dude we're not talking about murder here.  We're talking about buying a ticket to your favorite band's live performance.  I'll continue buying tickets to their shows.... or maybe not.  As a consumer I have a choice I can make. So do you!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

will you tell me you have a life if you are not being at home for 3 years? if nobody cares that you are away and you don t miss your friends or other hobbies that would make you go home again?  if folloeing a greedy rock band that doesn t even care about their fans is what you do day in day out? 

3 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I think that the responsible about high price is Live Nation, don't think is the band. I can be wrong.

Right. Don't blame the band who gets whatever millions per show. It's the evil concert promoter who's responsible. :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I got into a GnR show for $50 a few years ago. Yeah it wasn't the best seat but for a band that size the tickets won't be less than that. Also most shows (not just GnR) can be attended for below face value if you wait long enough and use stubhub. So yeah pretty much anyone can go if they come to your city and tickets start at $50.

Right. And what if they don't come to your city? What if you have to travel somewhere to see them? Then you don't want to risk not getting a ticket at all or getting a crappy seat somewhere in the back.

More power to anyone that wants to spend money to see a band, whether we think it's a good value or not is irrelevant.  To each his own.

But...

these "presales" are just devious new ways to shakedown a fan base.   It's borderline criminal.  Exactly how do these three sleep at night? 

Why don't you just...fuck off.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Natty said:

will you tell me you have a life if you are not being at home for 3 years? if nobody cares that you are away and you don t miss your friends or other hobbies that would make you go home again?  if folloeing a greedy rock band that doesn t even care about their fans is what you do day in day out? 

I don't even know the person they are saying has no life. If going to all the GnR shows makes them happy, God bless them. Not my business. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

Lol a clear conscience??  Dude we're not talking about murder here.  We're talking about buying a ticket to your favorite band's live performance.  I'll continue buying tickets to their shows.... or maybe not.  As a consumer I have a choice I can make. So do you!

No, but we're talking about context. The effects of people playing along paying whatever outragous price that is asked for tickets and how you can beat that. Go to shows and still not pay the top dollar they are asking. I know I'm not contributing to those high ticket prices. At least not as much as the people who always get the most expensive ticket in the house.