NITLT 8 New dates Announced

5 minutes ago, Lio said:

Here we go with the judging again... I would never pay 1300 for a ticket, I would never in my life even spend even 100 USD on a Playstation or whatever else. I wouldn't spend any money at all on Apple crap. (And don't get me started on Len's Rolex again :lol:) Do people who spend their whole day playing videogames have more of a life than someone traveling the world following one or more bands? Do people who spend days and years on a forum have more of a life? Who cares. Live and let live. It's not my money, not my time, not my life, not my problem.

Tako's not driving up the prices, LOL. If they don't sell, no doubt the prices will drop. If they do, apparently enough people are willing and able to cash out that much to watch the band they love and have a great time.

Well we can judge the ticket prices as much as we want. in the end people will decide if they pay them or not.

If they come to europe and demand similar prices I 'm out. not because I cannot afford it but because I feel totally ripped off.

people who play playstation 24/7 and have no social life is the same like following a band a year or two..there are several forms of having no life. just like you said. 

everybody has his own destiny in his hands...

Just now, Natty said:

Well we can judge the ticket prices as much as we want. in the end people will decide if they pay them or not.

If they come to europe and demand similar prices I 'm out. not because I cannot afford it but because I feel totally ripped off.

people who play playstation 24/7 and have no social life is the same like following a band a year or two..there are several forms of having no life. just like you said. 

everybody has his own destiny in his hands...

I was talking about judging people, not the prices. I obviously think prices are crazy too.

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Right. Don't blame the band who gets whatever millions per show. It's the evil concert promoter who's responsible. :facepalm:

I isn't would be such drastic about a deal i not be into. We just can guess....;)

Just now, Lio said:

I was talking about judging people, not the prices. I obviously think prices are crazy too.

I think it's OK to criticize people for paying those prices though, if you think the prices are crazy. 

We all do it in that life- 'look at that clown, he spent $900 on those crappy sunglasses' etc. 

if you pay a huge amount for something, there's usually people that are going to say you're mad for doing so! 

12 minutes ago, Natty said:

will you tell me you have a life if you are not being at home for 3 years? if nobody cares that you are away and you don t miss your friends or other hobbies that would make you go home again?  if folloeing a greedy rock band that doesn t even care about their fans is what you do day in day out? 

But above all you don't have any job to do

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

No, but we're talking about context. The effects of people playing along paying whatever outragous price that is asked for tickets and how you can beat that. Go to shows and still not pay the top dollar they are asking. I know I'm not contributing to those high ticket prices. At least not as much as the people who always get the most expensive ticket in the house.

dude, I've been saying this for decades.  I've been on these GNR message boards for a long long time and whenever people whined about the band my answer was always the same.  You want to make them listen?  Don't buy merch, don't buy a fan club membership, don't buy their albums, don't buy their tickets when they tour.  It's as simple as that.  You want to take a stand then I fully support that.  I've said that I wouldn't take that AFD box set if it was handed to me for free.  That is my way of telling the band that thing was junk.  You yourself can not buy a ticket, but you can't be mad at some one else for buying one.  

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

The people saying, "iM a CoNSuMeR ItS a FrEeMaRKeT yOU HaVe A ChOiCE!" can fuck right off. When EVERYTHING in the fucking world is skyrocketing and pay remains shit, that means almost nothing will be affordable for the average consumer. So, suck a fat dick if you think $100+ face value nosebleeds are acceptable.

You tellem!

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I think it's OK to criticize people for paying those prices though, if you think the prices are crazy. 

We all do it in that life- 'look at that clown, he spent $900 on those crappy sunglasses' etc. 

if you pay a huge amount for something, there's usually people that are going to say you're mad for doing so! 

Yes, I just think saying those people have no life and no one cares about them is going a bit far.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

freedom of speech... everyone can express his opinion. I suppose tako and or margott don t give a shit about my opinion and I don t give a sh#t about them and their choices. exeption when they think they have the right to be front row. it s first come first serve..not who paid more in his life for GNR...

1 minute ago, WAR41 said:

dude, I've been saying this for decades.  I've been on these GNR message boards for a long long time and whenever people whined about the band my answer was always the same.  You want to make them listen?  Don't buy merch, don't buy a fan club membership, don't buy their albums, don't buy their tickets when they tour.  It's as simple as that.  You want to take a stand then I fully support that.  I've said that I wouldn't take that AFD box set if it was handed to me for free.  That is my way of telling the band that thing was junk.  You yourself can not buy a ticket, but you can't be mad at some one else for buying one.  

Uhm, yes I can. Because that undermines my protest. If I refrain, from buying a ticket, but 15.000 others still do, then I've protested myself out of a concert, but at the end of the day nothing changes and I'm missing out.

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

The people saying, "iM a CoNSuMeR ItS a FrEeMaRKeT yOU HaVe A ChOiCE!" can fuck right off. When EVERYTHING in the fucking world is skyrocketing and pay remains shit, that means almost nothing will be affordable for the average consumer. So, suck a fat dick if you think $100+ face value nosebleeds are acceptable.

LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL give me a break.  I never said it was acceptable.  Welcome to the real world.  Stuff costs money.  If you're not making enough money to afford what you want in life it's time to dust off that mirror and give it a good look.  Something tells me you haven't done that in a while.  

Also, high price points mean casuals and friends aren't as likely to go with you. I can double the fucking price of a ticket if I want to go with someone because I'll either have to buy them a ticket or go alone. If I wanted to see GNR with someone now we would pay about $400 after fees and taxes to sit in the back row before parking, drinks, food, gas, and whatever the fuck else. Who the fuck would want to do that for a band they don't care a lot about? I am so glad I have seen almost everyone I want to because in the past 4 years, because arena concerts have become almost completely inaccessible unless you play a stupid game with looking at changing ticket prices every day. If you want to see an A lister in an arena, now, almost forget about it. I had to do it last time I saw GNR in 2017. I ended up getting lucky the day of the show, but what a fucking headache. Tickets are hidden with changing costs, bullshit platinum packages, fake and inflated resale, etc. Fuck it. That leg of the tour was $90 nosebleeds before fees if I recall, yet there are rows of empty seats at every show you go to now because scalpers lapped up hundreds of tickets and upped the prices even more. A "sold out" show can have hundreds of empty seats. Sure, I can splurge if its something I really want to see, but its just not worth it to see these acts multiple times anymore. Its become just as bad as seeing a Broadway show in a much smaller theater.

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

Uhm, yes I can. Because that undermines my protest. If I refrain, from buying a ticket, but 15.000 others still do, then I've protested myself out of a concert, but at the end of the day nothing changes and I'm missing out.

So basically you won't fight for anything unless you can win.  Good luck!  I think we're done here.  

8 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

People are paid what they're deemed to be worth. If you feel are you aren't being paid for the value you offer then find better work or make yourself more valuable.

It is indeed a free market. I can afford $250+ per ticket if I want to. I can also choose to just keep my money. My arm isn't twisted in either direction. Everyone has that option. 

Edited by JimMorrison4

37 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I was almost banned from here for using the term GNR-Educator (TM) but fans can criticize other fans for going to multiple shows? Again ,who cares?  Their money,their life. Doesn't impact any of us in the slightest. 

Just so everyone else is clear-

You were in no way, shape or form "almost banned" from here for using your special nick name for yourself. 

It's obnoxious yes, but you've never received even one warning point saying it over and over, let alone come close to "almost being banned" for it. The only 2 warning points your history according to the Admin Panel is 2 warning points you were given 7 years ago that aren't even applied to your account any longer.

You can stop in to argue your case for justifying ridiculous GN'R ticket prices all you want, but what you can't do is just make up things about the board and those of us who run it. 

6 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL give me a break.  I never said it was acceptable.  Welcome to the real world.  Stuff costs money.  If you're not making enough money to afford what you want in life it's time to dust off that mirror and give it a good look.  Something tells me you haven't done that in a while.  

Fuck off, you piece of shit. I make enough to do things I want, but that doesn't mean I should bend the fuck over and accept the cost of whatever. No shit, luxuries cost extra money, but the rate of which things like concert tickets are increasing is batshit insane. Just 5 years ago I could see almost any arena band for $40-$50 a nosebleed and about $100-$150 lower bowl. Are you are telling me its okay for washed up millionaires like Mick Jagger and Axl Rose to be charging tickets for fucking $200-$700+ face value?

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lio said:

Here we go with the judging again... I would never pay 1300 for a ticket, I would never in my life even spend even 100 USD on a Playstation or whatever else. I wouldn't spend any money at all on Apple crap. (And don't get me started on Len's Rolex again :lol:) Do people who spend their whole day playing videogames have more of a life than someone traveling the world following one or more bands? Do people who spend days and years on a forum have more of a life? Who cares. Live and let live. It's not my money, not my time, not my life, not my problem.

Tako's not driving up the prices, LOL. If they don't sell, no doubt the prices will drop. If they do, apparently enough people are willing and able to cash out that much to watch the band they love and have a great time.

Has too many people that watch every football game or travell too everywhere to see world football coup too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimMorrison4 said:

People are paid what they're deemed to be worth. If you feel are you aren't being paid for the value you offer then find better work or make yourself more valuable. 

in which world are you living??? 

Do you mean people should find better paid jobs in order to be able to buy a GNR ticket???? I hope I understand you wrong.. and that you meant something else...

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Just so everyone else is clear-

You were in no way, shape or form "almost banned" from here for using your special nick name for yourself. 

It's obnoxious yes, but you've never received even one warning point saying it over and over, let alone come close to "almost being banned" for it. The only 2 warning points your history according to the Admin Panel is 2 warning points you were given 7 years ago that aren't even applied to your account any longer.

You can stop in to argue your case for justifying ridiculous GN'R ticket prices all you want, but what you can't do is just make up things about the board and those of us who run it. 

My apologies. In my old age my memory must escape me sometimes. I was not justifying the prices. I just said that I wasn't going to criticize fans that go to multiple shows. Because at the end of the day none of this is that serious.