NITLT 8 New dates Announced

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

Apollo was contest and invite only, so tickets weren’t sold.

And not sure what show it may have been in Japan, but I don’t think this lineup has done any other venue that holds less than 10,000; If that?

I agree there’s no justification for the prices, or at least not a good one for the fans benefit. But maybe one day they’ll get out of the Live Nation contract and the prices can level out some. Until that happens, I don’t see the prices changing much.

I thought they sold a few hundred tickets to the Apollo show but maybe I'm wrong on that. They definitely did one in Japan that was less than 10,000 though, I think it was 8,000 so basically the same as the two nights in Vegas. Other than that I think the smallest crowds they've played to are between 13-15k, in the US? But for a tour that will be on it's 4th year, it makes sense that they'd be playing smaller venues. What doesn't make sense is the prices, unless they have a surprise release planned and those tickets will be a hot commodity. But it's more likely that some promoter figured they could each make a shitload of money even if they comped a ton of tickets, so fuck the suckers that pay top dollar.

And yea I also hope they get out of the live nation contract and ticket prices come down.

us brits will have to wait until may/june before we see them :( 

they will hopefully have a few new tracks to play by then from a new album.

if not and its still the same stale setlist (money for old rope) i will still be going. 

5 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

She hasn’t been to every show, and she isn’t “mad”.

Don't let your own ignorance become hatred.

Right, she skipped the odd show to see other bands. ;)

And who's hating? Being on tour for 3 years straight is perfectly normal. :lol:

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

But maybe one day they’ll get out of the Live Nation contract and the prices can level out some. Until that happens, I don’t see the prices changing much.

Yeah. All Live Nations fault. Once they have a different promotor prices will be like 2014 again. :facepalm: If you believe that....

8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

This isnt like the 70s where the average ticket price for big named bands was under $10.00.

Incredible how the times have changed

My dad always tells me how he got to see Queen, Pink Floyd or the Stones for like 10-15€ in the 70's. He would just ask some friends of him and even if they didn't listen to Floyd or Queen they'd still come with him because everyone could afford it.. 

I'm from the late 90's so many of my friends listen to junk anyway but even if I'd ask those who listen to rock music if they wanted to see GNR for 100-150€ they would call me mad

Edited by SAU3R

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

At this point all future GNR tours will still BE the NITL Concert Tour :lol:

;)

Just think GNR being GNR they will do things bigger & better. Although as a collective unit...they haven't really toured together that long compared to other acts in terms of the reunion and Guns having other tours that haven't got close to Use Your Illusion Tours & NITL. 

13 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I agree with you on a lot of points, but we're on two different sides of the fence with this one. Are you saying these prices for Las Vegas can be justified in any way?

Pit Patience Package = $ 1,319.91 plus fees

Live and Let Die Package Section 205 = $ 631.41 plus fees

Section 104 Platinum pricing varies from $ 1,480.00 to $ 1,730.00 plus fees

Section 103 Premium Paradise City VIP Lounge Package = $ 1,786.41 plus fees

Its gonna be sold out, so economics 101 tells us this is still too cheap. Supply/demand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. All Live Nations fault. Once they have a different promotor prices will be like 2014 again. :facepalm: If you believe that....

This "its all Live Nations fault" has got to be the worst excuse I've heard people make for GNRs actions so far lol

• Like 4

Just now, LovelessNL said:

Its gonna be sold out, so economics 101 tells us this is still too cheap. Supply/demand.

Lol. There's simply no way they will sell out both shows with face value tickets at those prices. Prices will fluctuate a lot between now and the shows. A ton of them will be given away through many different outlets in Vegas as well. Sure, every seat will be filled but not necessarily because it's "sold out" by the traditional definition of the term. 

Also, that might be economics 101 but then there's that old idea that just because an artist could charge a certain price doesn't mean they should. 

Rammstein ditched LiveNation and went with a different promoter / local promotors for their Europe stadium tour thats on its way currently. Ya think the prices were any different from let's say the Metallica show (promoted by LiveNation) I went to last week, or the GA prices for GnR when they were over here in 2017 & 2018?

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Lol. There's simply no way they will sell out both shows with face value tickets at those prices. Prices will fluctuate a lot between now and the shows. A ton of them will be given away through many different outlets in Vegas as well. Sure, every seat will be filled but not necessarily because it's "sold out" by the traditional definition of the term. 

Also, that might be economics 101 but then there's that old idea that just because an artist could charge a certain price doesn't mean they should. 

Well there's not really a way to tell if everyone will be paying customers, right? But I'm thinking once general on sale starts they both will sell out within 30 mins. 

But the last sentence is where the issue lies, although it might be a bit more complicated then that, since I dont think an artist is solely responsible for ticket pricing, and we've seen many artists who took a stand on high ticket prices quiet down over the last few years (NiN, Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen). But sure, if you want to negotiate a max ticket price in your contract with LN, you probably can. But thats gonna be a huge limiter on the ammount of money that flows into the bands pockets. And this is a plain and simple cash grabs, its been all along. Ticket prices, but also merch, limited edition whatnot kind of crap, the whole GNAIR ridiculousness, and it goes on.

As soon as you come to terms with that, it will be less of a trigger. And as said; its a luxury, not something you need. If you don't want to or can't pay it; dont go. But its also a bit out of place to give people who DO go crap and the blame for these high prices.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Well there's not really a way to tell if everyone will be paying customers, right? But I'm thinking once general on sale starts they both will sell out within 30 mins. 

But the last sentence is where the issue lies, although it might be a bit more complicated then that, since I dont think an artist is solely responsible for ticket pricing, and we've seen many artists who took a stand on high ticket prices quiet down over the last few years (NiN, Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen). But sure, if you want to negotiate a max ticket price in your contract with LN, you probably can. But thats gonna be a huge limiter on the ammount of money that flows into the bands pockets. And this is a plain and simple cash grabs, its been all along. Ticket prices, but also merch, limited edition whatnot kind of crap, the whole GNAIR ridiculousness, and it goes on.

As soon as you come to terms with that, it will be less of a trigger. And as said; its a luxury, not something you need. If you don't want to or can't pay it; dont go. But its also a bit out of place to give people who DO go crap and the blame for these high prices.

Again, I'm sure you're aware that just because an event "sells out" in the first 30 minutes, doesn't mean it really sold out so that's not really an argument one way or the other. 

With regard to the second part, the Vegas pricing isn't really a trigger for me. I'm just calling it as I see it. I can't remember a point where I told anyone else they shouldn't go. I was already saying I probably wouldn't go even before they announced these ridiculous prices, but I don't remember telling anyone else they shouldn't I don't ever remember giving anyone else crap for choosing to go / pay those prices. 

You may not have been referring to me specifically with that last part. Assuming you weren't, I agree with that. I said something similar in the thread earlier but if you can afford to go and want to pay those prices, great! 

31 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Again, I'm sure you're aware that just because an event "sells out" in the first 30 minutes, doesn't mean it really sold out so that's not really an argument one way or the other. 

With regard to the second part, the Vegas pricing isn't really a trigger for me. I'm just calling it as I see it. I can't remember a point where I told anyone else they shouldn't go. I was already saying I probably wouldn't go even before they announced these ridiculous prices, but I don't remember telling anyone else they shouldn't I don't ever remember giving anyone else crap for choosing to go / pay those prices. 

You may not have been referring to me specifically with that last part. Assuming you weren't, I agree with that. I said something similar in the thread earlier but if you can afford to go and want to pay those prices, great! 

Well its kinda of grey area, right? I'm thinking 'sold out' is when you cant buy a ticket anymore via the regular (official) channels. You seem to think there's some larger scheme behind this where they don't actually want to sell the tickets but rather give them away so the venue is still full. I'm thinking they can manage that anyway by actually selling all tix. I don't think either of us can prove their claim, so we're just gonna need to agree to disagree on this one.

And yeah, that remark wasn't for you. I think in general we have the same opinion on this. I would love if they would stand up and say 'hey, we want our tix to cost $75 max, and sure; lets throw in a golden circle for 100$ max'. That would earn everyone involved a more than decent living, and wouldn't cost people their life savings. Then again, by now it should be clear they want to make up for 25 years of lost potential profits, so nothing really surprises me anymore with this band, and I wont pay another €130+ to see them, unless something has drastically changed in the show they are giving.

• Like 1