NITLT 8 New dates Announced

4 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Okay it might be a difference between EU>US as well then. Sold out here normally means sold out. Sometimes a few days / weeks before showtime some production holds are released, but thats mostly limited view seats or something, and just for top dollar (or Euro in our case :P )

It's the same in the EU as the US- or certainly the UK, where I'm from. I don't know how ticket selling works in other countries, but we get shafted in the same way as the US. 

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Someone else mentioned that and all I can do is be envious. Ticketmaster, Live Nation and those companies are allowed to get away with murder here in the US :(

Well. The thing is also, there are way more seated concerts in the US. So way more reason for them to jack up prices. An people being particular in what ticket they get. In Europe, apart from the UK, it's mostly sitting and standing. No seated floors, although lately, as these artists and their audience get older (and supposedly more fluent), more seated concerts have creeped up. You just need to get a general admission ticket and you can get to the front if you really want. And the people who sit, usually don't care that much either way. As the "real" fans usually wanna stand and get as close as possible. If the majority of my concerts would be seated, I would have given up long ago already.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyler Drama said:

@RussTCB

I think these are the ones that were unnecessary.

I hard for me to make a call on that first one as some people use that phrase ("mad") differently than others.

Totally agree on that second one though. That's just an odd POV to have, at least in my opinion. With all that's going on in the world and things seemingly getting worse, who the fuck cares what someone else finds joy in? I've never understood people that think someone else's life is "sad' or that it means that they have nothing else in their life just because they go to a bunch of shows. Hell, maybe they enjoy life even more because of those shows. Either way, it's definitely not cool to call someone else sad or say their life must be empty because they choose to go to a lot of GN'R shows. Those two posts got by me and I apologize for that, like I said I do my best but I can't catch everything on here.

Having said all of that, this whole thing reminds me of how much I personally have gotton out of going to many GN'R shows. I have a lot of people I consider to be real life friends that I've met because of going outside of Detroit to catch GN'R. I could go on about it, but you get the idea.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lio said:

This doesn't happen here at all. Sold out is sold out. Sometimes a few months before the show extra tickets are released for production reasons. Saw that happen with Metallica a few months back. Also, it's illegal here to sell tickets over face value. So our ticket market is completely different to yours. Another thing we don't have, is discounts. Or it's not common practice anyway. The price you see advertized from the start, is more than likely the price everyone will be paying for it.

This is business ethics.

6 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Incredible how the times have changed

My dad always tells me how he got to see Queen, Pink Floyd or the Stones for like 10-15€ in the 70's. He would just ask some friends of him and even if they didn't listen to Floyd or Queen they'd still come with him because everyone could afford it.. 

I'm from the late 90's so many of my friends listen to junk anyway but even if I'd ask those who listen to rock music if they wanted to see GNR for 100-150€ they would call me mad

Yep, Ive read alot of the big name bands in the US in the 70s were like $8.00 a ticket. I wonder if the stones started the whole sponsorship and charging certain amounts from the early 80s onwards.

I remember the old days of camping out at the mall waiting on Ticketmaster to open in the morning to get good seats. Nothing was online back then. I did that for an Aerosmith show when I was 16, was first in line outside, but when the doors opened I got shoved into the glass windows and there was a mad rush through the department store to the ticket office, only to have the ticket machine breakdown and be told to go to another mall for my tickets. 🤬  I ended up with nosebleed section tickets. I wrote the local concert promoter a letter of complaint and got 4 festival tickets free the next time they came to town. 

Things have really changed....😊

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yep, Ive read alot of the big name bands in the US in the 70s were like $8.00 a ticket. I wonder if the stones started the whole sponsorship and charging certain amounts from the early 80s onwards.

You know what memory of my own makes me the most mad when I think about how much concert pricing has changed? I saw Pink Floyd on The Division Bell Tour two nights in a row. I paid $35 (face value) for each night. I got seats right about the 50 yard line for the first night and 4th row center for the second night. Now, someone could say "Yeah, but that was 1994 and that's 25 years ago already!" but I disagree. Take a look at these examples. This is the show they put on every single night. It's WAY more of a production than GN'R is presenting now, yet Floyd was able to turn a massive profit on that tour at $35 a ticket:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I remember the old days of camping out at the mall waiting on Ticketmaster to open in the morning to get good seats. Nothing was online back then. I did that for an Aerosmith show when I was 16, was first in line outside, but when the doors opened I got shoved into the glass windows and there was a mad rush through the department store to the ticket office, only to have the ticket machine breakdown and be told to go to another mall for my tickets. 🤬  I ended up with nosebleed section tickets. I wrote the local concert promoter a letter of complaint and got 4 festival tickets free the next time they came to town. 

Things have really changed....😊

Well, so it's a mix of back in the day everything was better and worse. Good for you for complaining though. Sometimes that does pay off.

41 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I hard for me to make a call on that first one as some people use that phrase ("mad") differently than others.

Totally agree on that second one though. That's just an odd POV to have, at least in my opinion. With all that's going on in the world and things seemingly getting worse, who the fuck cares what someone else finds joy in? I've never understood people that think someone else's life is "sad' or that it means that they have nothing else in their life just because they go to a bunch of shows. Hell, maybe they enjoy life even more because of those shows. Either way, it's definitely not cool to call someone else sad or say their life must be empty because they choose to go to a lot of GN'R shows. Those two posts got by me and I apologize for that, like I said I do my best but I can't catch everything on here.

Having said all of that, this whole thing reminds me of how much I personally have gotton out of going to many GN'R shows. I have a lot of people I consider to be real life friends that I've met because of going outside of Detroit to catch GN'R. I could go on about it, but you get the idea.

OK so my POV is not of interest in this forum and people feel insulted because I express my opinion.

I think I am done with this forum. I don t even want to explain why. Wish you all the best.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Natty said:

OK so my POV is not of interest in this forum and people feel insulted because I express my opinion.

I think I am done with this forum. I don t even want to explain why. Wish you all the best.

If you can't express your opinion without insulting others, it sounds like that's the best option for you. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The 1975 toured the UK recently....with a massive stage set and show. 

Tickets were £25-£30. 

So that's one of the biggest bands in the UK at the moment (headlining festivals etc) charging under $40 for big Arena shows. And you can guarantee they're making a profit. 

That really put things into perspective for me. I'm not a fan of the band myself, but I sure have respect for those prices. If they (and others) can do it, it shows exactly how much greed is flying about. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You know what memory of my own makes me the most mad when I think about how much concert pricing has changed? I saw Pink Floyd on The Division Bell Tour two nights in a row. I paid $35 (face value) for each night. I got seats right about the 50 yard line for the first night and 4th row center for the second night. Now, someone could say "Yeah, but that was 1994 and that's 25 years ago already!" but I disagree. Take a look at these examples. This is the show they put on every single night. It's WAY more of a production than GN'R is presenting now, yet Floyd was able to turn a massive profit on that tour at $35 a ticket:

Yup and even with inflation, $35 does not equal $300+ in today's dollars

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I guess they take adventage of fact the LV audience is rich people, and most international audience too. And this is detrimental to regular fan .

Exactly! I can't get all these complains about the pricing of the show at Colosseum at Caesars Palace which are completely unjustified - it is a PREMIUM venue at a luxury hotel in Las Vegas. These shows aren't made fore regular fans, they are for stars and millioners who like GnR and can easily afford it. It's some sort of intimate shows by invitations (Like Apollo), but this time "invitation" means you have to afford it. And it would be sold out as "GnR in Caesars Palace" is a huge and trendy deal. That's unfortunate - yes - but doesn't mean a "cash grab", "the band is greedy" and other stuff. Probably, the price was set by the hotel, not the band, because Colosseum is OWNED by Caesars Palace - one of the most legendary hotels in Vegas. If all the tour prices will be the same, it would be fair to bitch them for it, but I doubt that they will, so we have just to accept the fact that it is not a regular show in terms of an attendence.   

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, nikothebellic said:

Exactly! I can't get all these complains about the pricing of the show at Colosseum at Caesars Palace which are completely unjustified - it is a PREMIUM venue at a luxury hotel in Las Vegas. These shows aren't made fore regular fans, they are for stars and millioners who like GnR and can easily afford it. It's some sort of intimate shows by invitations (Like Apollo), but this time "invitation" means you have to afford it. And it would be sold out as "GnR in Caesars Palace" is a huge and trendy deal. That's unfortunate - yes - but doesn't mean a "cash grab", "the band is greedy" and other stuff. Probably, the price was set by the hotel, not the band, because Colosseum is OWNED by Caesars Palace - one of the most legendary hotels in Vegas. If all the tour prices will be the same, it would be fair to bitch them for it, but I doubt that they will, so we have just to accept the fact that it is not a regular show in terms of an attendence.   

You can make excuses all you want. The bottomline still is, this band is greedy as fuck and cares about no one but themselves. They could have declined to do this show.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

You can make excuses all you want. The bottomline still is, this band is greedy as fuck and cares about no one but themselves. They could have declined to do this show.

Would you feel better, if they would have made it "private"? I mean no public listing, no formally "part of the tour"? Why do they have to decline an offer due to some what... price ethics? So, seems the problem is that they listed it as a regular show, but the price is far from regular, that's it? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nikothebellic said:

Would you feel better, if they would have made it "private"? I mean no public listing, no formally "part of the tour"? Why do they have to decline an offer due to some what... price ethics? So, seems the problem is that they listed it as a regular show, but the price is far from regular, that's it? 

Let's face it though....prices are pretty steep on the other dates too! 

4 minutes ago, nikothebellic said:

It is a fucking regular show. Just in Las Vegas. Acts are doing shows left and right in Las Vegas. There is no need to find excuses for a band that charges even more outragous prices than others. There are also acts who play in Las Vegas and have tickets that are affordable. And if GNR insists on their arena profits, well then they should just fucking play in a fucking arena.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

I guess they take adventage of fact the LV audience is rich people, and most international audience too. And this is detrimental to regular fan .

And by far not everyone going to Las Vegas is rich. I would bet that the big majority of people going there are average people. Not everyone in Las Vegas is a high roller.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Let's face it though....prices are pretty steep on the other dates too! 

Well, I haven't seen all the prices yet, but I can compare - for instance The Rolling Stones' pit on US tour on most venues goes bettween $500-800 - that's also pretty much for a "regular show". At Stones' FLorida show pit goes at $1,500 (that's Platinum ticket, but regular usually is not significantly cheaper. For sure, that's a bummer, but the venue always influences the price - open grounds are cheaper than stadiums, stadiums are cheaper than arenas and then there are "special venues" - like Caesars Palace. They can't break it even by number of tickets , so they use price.  

I just got caught up on this thread from my last post.  Listen, the shows have been scheduled, tickets are on sale, we just have to wait and see what happens.  Its entirely possible that these shows are a disaster for the band.  

2 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I just don't see the need to call her crazy for doing what she loves to do, to each his or her own. I think enough has been said on this, this thread really needs to get back on topic. I agree the prices are rather exorbitant, but no need to turn that into a discussion of fans and their habits at shows and their mental state. 

I'm totally with you there.  If you find something you love in this world that makes you happy and you're not hurting anyone I say go for it.  I admit I made jokes about Tako when I was on the official forum, but that woman is the definition of pumping money into the economy.  And yes, ticket sales don't just go to the band.  

16 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Dude. Yes. This has been established since the reunion.  I don't understand why seem to just be figuring this out right now. These guys might not be doing this much longer so they should cash in while they can.  Each has families they need to take care of so I say more power to them.  I'm not one to say how much money is too much.  But what I CAN say and DO is not buy a ticket to a show that I think is too expensive (and agree with you that I think the prices are outrageous).  It's when you cross that line into ranting and raving about how working people can't go to shows, blah blah blah that is when it gets annoying. 

54 minutes ago, Natty said:

Lol.  You'll be missed I swear.  

3 minutes ago, nikothebellic said:

Well, I haven't seen all the prices yet, but I can compare - for instance The Rolling Stones' pit on US tour on most venues goes bettween $500-800 - that's also pretty much for a "regular show". At Stones' FLorida show pit goes at $1,500 (that's Platinum ticket, but regular usually is not significantly cheaper. For sure, that's a bummer, but the venue always influences the price - open grounds are cheaper than stadiums, stadiums are cheaper than arenas and then there are "special venues" - like Caesars Palace. They can't break it even by number of tickets , so they use price.  

It's a sad state of affairs though isn't it, that comparisons are being made with the Stones; a band who have been derided for years for their excessive pricing? 

There's obviously a general trend across certain types of bands to charge huge amounts yeah; but I don't think that makes it any more palatable really. 

Edited by allwaystired