Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Who do they think they are, Queen?

it's just so odd! They've been playing Arenas, not selling them out for years now then someone seems to have gone "hey, do Wembley Stadium guys, and triple your ticket prices" out of the blue! I don't get that one at all! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

No, that's the explanation for why it's happening. The justification comes with people saying it's OK, or being fine with it, or trying to explain it as reasonable or fair pricing. 

Of course many of us don't like fans with less money being forced out by rich people. Who does? It's nothing to be ashamed of, wanting things to be better for people, regardless whether we as individuals can or cannot afford it. 

Look, we get it - you think GNR are a corporate machine, have been for years, you don't spend a penny on them, you don't go and see them live,  don't buy their stuff etc. We all get that, as you keep telling us. 

Many of us do wonder why you continue to visit a forum so regularly of a band you feel like that about though.....

:lol: what are you talking about??  Just because I don't list the concerts I've attended in my signature doesn't mean I don't go.  I've been to 4 NITL shows.  2 in 2016 and 2 in 2017.  I've been to MANY other shows for Nu-GNR, Slash solo, Duff solo, VR and Stinson.  How does my dissatisfaction with the box set, my refusal to buy a Vegas ticket and my belief that the band is a corporate machine mean I am "not a fan"?  Apparently you see things in black and white only.  I pay for things I think are worth it AND that I can afford.  I don't understand why you are struggling with this concept.  Life is unfair.  I'm sorry that you can't have everything you want in life. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the NITL tour goes full circle. It started in Vegas. It ends in Vegas. But then again, probably not.

I hope the band’s doing these shows to tighten up their playing before heading into the studio.  But then again, probably not.

FYI, the ticket fees alone were more than $200 and pushed the pit package tickets above $1,500.  The high ticket prices only work in Vegas where high rollers and casino comps ensure the gigs will sell out. And from a BUSINESS perspective, it’s hard to say the the tickets are overpriced if every ticket gets sold at those prices.

However, if they really cared about their FANS, they would have booked shows at T-Mobile again. They could have cut ticket prices to comparative levels of their other arena stops and still have generated more revenue than their performances at Caesars. Win-win. Unless, more than 3 years later, they didn’t think that there would be sufficient ticket demand in the larger venue and decided they’d play at a smaller venue and squeeze significantly fewer ticket buyers with much higher prices. Just because, you know, they could get away with it.

 

 

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some of you complaining about complaining and saying we should be grateful that we can go, did you ever stop to think that they’re not grateful they can go, because they can’t go?!?! 

For some people here, I’m sure paying that much for a ticket could come with some extremely dire consequences. 

Anyway, I saw them twice, one stadium, one arena, so no matter what the price, I’m not interested unless there is new music involved. I had 2 magical experiences at the shows I went to, and its unlikely they will be topped. Thought I’d chuck my opinion out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

:lol: what are you talking about??  Just because I don't list the concerts I've attended in my signature doesn't mean I don't go.  I've been to 4 NITL shows.  2 in 2016 and 2 in 2017.  I've been to MANY other shows for Nu-GNR, Slash solo, Duff solo, VR and Stinson.  How does my dissatisfaction with the box set, my refusal to buy a Vegas ticket and my belief that the band is a corporate machine mean I am "not a fan"?  Apparently you see things in black and white only.  I pay for things I think are worth it AND that I can afford.  I don't understand why you are struggling with this concept.  Life is unfair.  I'm sorry that you can't have everything you want in life. 

I took you previously saying "don't go to their concerts" as what you were personally doing - apologies. 

At this juncture I have absolutely no idea what your argument is. You seem angry about people complaining that prices are absurd....even though you think they are absurd too? Is that it? 

So essentially it's "don't criticize anything you think is shit, just put up with it as they're a corporate machine?" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Flake said:

But these are just some premium packages.

standard pit ticket through a presale, not part of any package is 999.00 + fees

and then the people that payed 1350 for the patience package get in before you.

Edited by Stiff Competition
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I took you previously saying "don't go to their concerts" as what you were personally doing - apologies. 

At this juncture I have absolutely no idea what your argument is. You seem angry about people complaining that prices are absurd....even though you think they are absurd too? Is that it? 

So essentially it's "don't criticize anything you think is shit, just put up with it as they're a corporate machine?" 

Haha dude criticize alllllllll you want.  It's the incessant whining and attacking of the people who:

  1. Believe in economics 101 aka supply and demand.
  2. Deem people 'mentally unstable' because they spend a good chunk of money to attend events that make them happy and can afford to do so.

If you weren't one of those people on here then apologies for getting you in my crosshairs.  I'm throwing haymakers without looking right now :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Sorry to hear about your Dad. 

The purpose of a message forum though is for discussion of a band - this isn't always going to be 100 per cent praise. I'd argue voicing concern at these sorts of prices suggests people actually care about the legacy and the reputation of the band. 

People are big fans here - they're going to call bullshit when they see it, as they absolutely should. 

Thanks! 

I totally get that, BUT the first two pages of this thread was the typical MYGNRFORUM complaining.  I had to stop reading the rest of this thread as a result. My opinion is that Russ and several other moderators really need to talk  things over and  decide what  actually  should and shouldn't be criticized. When you cry wolf over everything, your legitimate complaints will not be heard.  You have others saying the same thing as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, username said:

For that price I'd expect a group of supermodels giving me oral sex during the show which includes an entire unreleased album being played live. For fucks sake.....

Jesus lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Too much COMPLAINING!!!! Be grateful that you can actually go to a show and post on  this message board. Be grateful that the band is able to still tour. One day they won't be around. One day YOU won't be around or may not be able to attend a show. The past couple of days has taught me again that anything can happen in life unexpectedly. I would have never expected that at age 69 my father would have had a minor stroke even though there is family history of it. It happened on Monday and I'm glad he's ok. 

Enjoy life! It's too short. 

Hope your dad fully recovers. My dad got up about a month ago, like normal to go to work and died in my parents living room from a pulmonary embolism. This is part my reason to go to Vegas. I have always wanted to go and I just said fuck it. Life is too short,I am going to go for this show, even though these tickets are way too fucking high. Plus it is always a good to get away from the kids and relax with my wife. 

Edited by Tourettes2400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

Haha dude criticize alllllllll you want.  It's the incessant whining and attacking of the people who:

  1. Believe in economics 101 aka supply and demand.
  2. Deem people 'mentally unstable' because they spend a good chunk of money to attend events that make them happy and can afford to do so.

If you weren't one of those people on here then apologies for getting you in my crosshairs.  I'm throwing haymakers without looking right now :lol:

It's cool, no worries. 

I totally get what you're saying. I think what feeds into it though is that people really WANT GNR to be above all this excessive pricing bollocks, based on their history, background etc. That's what upsets them. It's sad to think of them as simply a corporate entity when they mean so much to people. Bringing things like 'supply and demand' economics into their world is upsetting....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's cool, no worries. 

I totally get what you're saying. I think what feeds into it though is that people really WANT GNR to be above all this excessive pricing bollocks, based on their history, background etc. That's what upsets them. It's sad to think of them as simply a corporate entity when they mean so much to people. Bringing things like 'supply and demand' economics into their world is upsetting....

it's a couple of concerts. The tour has been ongoing for many years.

There's nothing wrong with some corporate events at a different price level to attract a different clientele. We are all different with different monies in and out. It's silly getting annoyed at things that are above or below ones pay scale.

It's like mobile phones at 2000 pounds or at 100 pounds/dollars/blah. There's different things at different levels.

If the prices are too high, the market will dictate and the prices will come down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mysteron said:

it's a couple of concerts. The tour has been ongoing for many years.

There's nothing wrong with some corporate events at a different price level to attract a different clientele. We are all different with different monies in and out. It's silly getting annoyed at things that are above or below ones pay scale.

It's like mobile phones at 2000 pounds or at 100 pounds/dollars/blah. There's different things at different levels.

If the prices are too high, the market will dictate and the prices will come down. 

I think the line "there's nothing wrong with some corporate events at a different price level to attract a different clientele" would make a lot of people shudder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think the line "there's nothing wrong with some corporate events at a different price level to attract a different clientele" would make a lot of people shudder. 

There's nothing wrong with it. It's life, it is what happens.

If the band want to test the waters for high price, small venue concerts then so be it. It is their right. There's no point moaning if you don't earn enough money for these things, it's how the cookie crumbles in life. There's people in Africa happy if they have food, I doubt many of you worry about them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

it's just so odd! They've been playing Arenas, not selling them out for years now then someone seems to have gone "hey, do Wembley Stadium guys, and triple your ticket prices" out of the blue! I don't get that one at all! 

I saw somewhere that promoters now are having a hard time guessing what venues to book. The Def Leppard/Journey tour did a few stadium gigs and sold really well, which was a surprise to me as that seems like more of an arena package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

There's nothing wrong with it. It's life, it is what happens.

If the band want to test the waters for high price, small venue concerts then so be it. It is their right. There's no point moaning if you don't earn enough money for these things, it's how the cookie crumbles in life. There's people in Africa happy if they have food, I doubt many of you worry about them

What a ridiculously offensive thing to say. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, allwaystired said:

What a ridiculously offensive thing to say. 

All I am doing is looking at the same argument from a different perspective, it's offensive because it is the same argument, worded slightly differently at a lower level. It's about what you want and what you can have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mysteron said:

All I am doing is looking at the same argument from a different perspective, it's offensive because it is the same argument, worded slightly differently at a lower level. It's about what you want and what you can have.

No it's not - it's suggesting that people who post here don't care about starving people because they're pissed off at high ticket prices. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Thatcherism is alive and well here!

 It's on a comeback in society in general....

Didn't expect a GNR forum to be a hotbed for it though. Plus ca change!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Thanks! 

I totally get that, BUT the first two pages of this thread was the typical MYGNRFORUM complaining.  I had to stop reading the rest of this thread as a result. My opinion is that Russ and several other moderators really need to talk  things over and  decide what  actually  should and shouldn't be criticized. When you cry wolf over everything, your legitimate complaints will not be heard.  You have others saying the same thing as well.  

I don't think you're being fair to members of this forum to say that. We allow criticism here and we allow praise. Most of all we allow opinions.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

No it's not - it's suggesting that people who post here don't care about starving people because they're pissed off at high ticket prices. 

If you skip a few levels and skew what I say, then yes. But that is not what I mean.

I'm just saying that the LV concerts are above some people's pay grade, they are aimed at someone else. But remember, there are people that cannot even afford the standard concerts. There are people what cannot even watch on YouTube or whatever. I'm just saying that while people are moaning about what they cannot afford above them, there are others out there that wish they have done what half of you have done

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Thanks! 

I totally get that, BUT the first two pages of this thread was the typical MYGNRFORUM complaining.  I had to stop reading the rest of this thread as a result. My opinion is that Russ and several other moderators really need to talk  things over and  decide what  actually  should and shouldn't be criticized. When you cry wolf over everything, your legitimate complaints will not be heard.  You have others saying the same thing as well.  

Wait. What? We should talk it over and decide how to censor the site? Nah. We will never tell the users of the site that they cannot have and express their own opinions. 

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I don't think you're being fair to members of this forum to say that. We allow criticism here and we allow praise. Most of all we allow opinions.

Of course he's being unfair. There's a very vocal minority on the site who likes to frame all the users here as "complaining about everything" simply because they do not praise everything GNR does. 

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mysteron said:

If you skip a few levels and skew what I say, then yes. But that is not what I mean.

I'm just saying that the LV concerts are above some people's pay grade, they are aimed at someone else. But remember, there are people that cannot even afford the standard concerts. There are people what cannot even watch on YouTube or whatever. I'm just saying that while people are moaning about what they cannot afford above them, there are others out there that wish they have done what half of you have done

 

"There's people in Africa happy if they have food, I doubt many of you worry about them". Can't do much 'skewing' of that. It's saying people here don't care about people in Africa, which is absurd. 

There's ALWAYS someone worse off in life, yes. By your logic though, no one can call anything bullshit unless there is no-one worse off than them! 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×