NITLT 8 New dates Announced

21 minutes ago, cineater said:

Been a couple of weeks, may have more shows to announce this week is my thinking.  I think something changed along the way and mini tour went to another leg.  I think the clue is in continuing to use the NILT name but that could be any number of things we weren't expecting to see from GNR again.  Exciting times nonetheless.

I think - especially as the tour wraps up year 4 and heads into an inevitable fifth - that naming it Not in this Lifetime will go down as one of the top 10 Spinal Tap moments in this group's history.

1 hour ago, Rodzilla72 said:

I think - especially as the tour wraps up year 4 and heads into an inevitable fifth - that naming it Not in this Lifetime will go down as one of the top 10 Spinal Tap moments in this group's history.

It's not one of my favorite names but I guess it's important to embrace the change.  4 or 5 years, it's a big world out there.  Takes some time to cover it.  Have they repeated any places yet?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

Anyone know how to get GA pit tix for the upcoming tour? On ticketmaster the pit sections are blacked out and there isn’t even any on the Ticketmaster scalp/resale available. Specifically looking for Charlotte  

I got one for the Lincoln Nebraska show as over in Chicago the week before and not that far. The Pit tickets went pretty much straight away, from the Arena tour in 2017 the actual GA pit was pretty small so not that many tickets. One reason there is probably none / few on stubhub is that the only option for ticket delivery was will call collection with credit card and ID.

There is GA Pit 2 on offer for Lincoln as a premium ticket at $595 face value FFS - that is nearly treble face value, joke!

This doesn't have anything do with new music (just a story / off topic sorry), but around a 6 months I was working at a factory, I saw my co worker wearing a GNR NITL shirt, I was like fuck that's cool, so she was taking a break I asked her so you like GNR, she said kind of my husbands cousin who works for the lead singer gave us a few shirts, I said Beta? She said maybe we dont see his family much since they live LA, (she lives in MI by the way), just a random story to possibly bring more positive stuff to this thread. 

7 hours ago, djones1225 said:

Imagine they name the next album Not in This Lifetime

No joke; I was in the shower just now and suddenly thought to myself “I bet they’re gonna call the next album Not In This Lifetime. I’m gonna go post this theory on the forum now.”

7 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

No joke; I was in the shower just now and suddenly thought to myself “I bet they’re gonna call the next album Not In This Lifetime. I’m gonna go post this theory on the forum now.”

It honestly makes sense, and maybe there gonna debut the song this fall hence why the fall tour will be more dates of Not In This Lifetime. Possibly that's what Axl and Slash decided on when Slash went to his house (using the tour name as a title track for a new album)

35 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

It honestly makes sense, and maybe there gonna debut the song this fall hence why the fall tour will be more dates of Not In This Lifetime. Possibly that's what Axl and Slash decided on when Slash went to his house (using the tour name as a title track for a new album)

Yeah also by this point the current lineup is known as the NITL lineup (much like how the AFD, UYI, CD, and AFDem lineups are known from their respective albums). Also, the term “not in this lifetime” very much so represents the reunion between Axl and Slash, based on its origin. That’s why it was a perfect name for the reunion tour, and therefore would also be the perfect name for a reunion album. The cover art could just be the same as what’s been used for all the NITL promo imagery (the bullet logo with the blood behind it). That would sell, or catch people’s eyes at record stores, at the very least.

...oh, but most of all, calling the new record NITL would give them an excuse to extend the tour to no end, so they can beat Ed Sherman and take the number one spot. XD

Edited by rocknroll41

15 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah also by this point the current lineup is known as the NITL lineup (much like how the AFD, UYI, CD, and AFDem lineups are known from their respective albums). Also, the term “not in this lifetime” very much so represents the reunion between Axl and Slash, based on its origin. That’s why it was a perfect name for the reunion tour, and therefore would also be the perfect name for a reunion album. The cover art could just be the same as what’s been used for all the NITL promo imagery (the bullet logo with the blood behind it). That would sell, or catch people’s eyes at record stores, at the very least.

...oh, but most of all, calling the new record NITL would give them an excuse to extend the tour to no end, so they can beat Ed Sherman and take the number one spot. XD

I'm probably in the small category of people that think that a new album is coming out. Just for the record, I'm someone who does a lot of audio editing and trust me Shadow of Your Love is 100% recorded (I can go into full detail of what I figured out) and we never knew that demo from Mike Clink was ever recorded. If you look in the booklet of the Deluxe version it says Feb. 2018, the 2017 leg ended in November, we know Slash never stops working, so what if they recorded Shadow and new songs 2 years ago, and Axl has been messing with them the past 6 - 7 months, and Slash recorded overdubs back in March or April. Also the conspirators started recording Living the Dream in March 2018.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

I'm probably in the small category of people that think that a new album is coming out. Just for the record, I'm someone who does a lot of audio editing and trust me Shadow of Your Love is 100% recorded (I can go into full detail of what I figured out) and we never knew that demo from Mike Clink was ever recorded. If you look in the booklet of the Deluxe version it says Feb. 2018, the 2017 leg ended in November, we know Slash never stops working, so what if they recorded Shadow and new songs 2 years ago, and Axl has been messing with them the past 6 - 7 months, and Slash recorded overdubs back in March or April. Also the conspirators started recording Living the Dream in March 2018.

Re-recorded

51 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

I agree with you about Shadow. Would be interested in hearing your analysis (maybe in a different thread though).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I agree with you about Shadow. Would be interested in hearing your analysis (maybe in a different thread though).

I won't make it too in depth here but I'll atleast go into how the band previously played it. Starting off the last time Shadow was played live in the 80s was at the Marquee in 87, Slash plays it exactly LLAS, he didn't do those few licks before Axl kicks in and after the 1st chorus, which wouldn't you think they if would play it like that if they recently recorded it, that was the first thing I noticed off about it. The drums dont sound like Steven, they barely got any groove = Frank. Izzy used a white falcoln on Appetite, and the Rhythm guitar doesn't sound like an old falcoln, it sounds like a '15 or a '16 one. Slashs guitar tone is entirely different, it sounds like he used that JCM Marshall which is something similar to his Appetite sound but has a more brighter tone to it. I was 100% convinced about the vocals after Rock the Rock, the vocals sound very produced and have less of a range compared to early Axl, and they sound deeper like Rock the Rock. I could go into almost every detail about it in terms of production, but that would almost a whole Google doc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, djones1225 said:

I won't make it too in depth here but I'll atleast go into how the band previously played it. Starting off the last time Shadow was played live in the 80s was at the Marquee in 87, Slash plays it exactly LLAS, he didn't do those few licks before Axl kicks in and after the 1st chorus, which wouldn't you think they if would play it like that if they recently recorded it, that was the first thing I noticed off about it. The drums dont sound like Steven, they barely got any groove = Frank. Izzy used a white falcoln on Appetite, and the Rhythm guitar doesn't sound like an old falcoln, it sounds like a '15 or a '16 one. Slashs guitar tone is entirely different, it sounds like he used that JCM Marshall which is something similar to his Appetite sound but has a more brighter tone to it. I was 100% convinced about the vocals after Rock the Rock, the vocals sound very produced and have less of a range compared to early Axl, and they sound deeper like Rock the Rock. I could go into almost every detail about it in terms of production, but that would almost a whole Google doc.

I agree with you about all of it. I'm pretty sure Slash's amp is one of his Silver Jubilees because the tone is exactly the same as what he has had during the NITL tour. The drum part is played a little differently and the bass tone is different. And yes, Axl's voice is way different, and if you see any of their live performances of that song from 2018 it sounds almost exactly the same.

While i also have a feeling that SOYL might’ve been re-recorded, I don’t really see what that has to do with a potential new album (unless they saw it as an opportunity to do a “dress rehearsal” for an album like when they first recorded the song with mike clink way back in 1986).

Edited by rocknroll41

21 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

Hey ppl I have one question for those who is goin to the NITL shows. 

Do you going expecting new music or new songs on set list or just for fun without any expectations?

I think if you go the shows expecting new music or songs then you must have discovered GNR yesterday. And be a lunatic. 

• GNFNR 1

12 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

While i also have a feeling that SOYL might’ve been re-recorded, I don’t really see what that has to do with a potential new album (unless they saw it as an opportunity to do a “dress rehearsal” for an album like when they first recorded the song with mike clink way back in 1986).

Well it shows that it's completely possible for them to go in the studio and record a song without anyone knowing anything about it. So they might've done a little of that already or be planning on doing it after the fall dates.

54 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Well it shows that it's completely possible for them to go in the studio and record a song without anyone knowing anything about it. So they might've done a little of that already or be planning on doing it after the fall dates.

Ah yeah. Good point.

2 hours ago, Carburetta said:

Certainly doesn’t sound like a thirty year old recording.

That is because modern day mixing practices employed on multitracks will certainly modernize the sound of the tracks overall

• Like 1