NITLT 8 New dates Announced

1 hour ago, AxlIsGod. said:

This whole tour has been so NA based. As a European its somewhat annoying but I guess we did get two runs anyhow. You guys reckon its partly because of how poorly NewGnR did in the US? Certainly making up for it now...

As an Australian, i envy both the US and Europe. Then again, i would much prefer if they just knuckled down and got an album out before any more extensive touring.

• Like 2

I'm so lost.  They switched from festivals to individual shows?  And bought back the tour name?  Does that mean we get returning members and new music under the same 'we thought it would never happen' name?  I'm going with Richard's closer than we think and evolved when it comes to new music.

1 minute ago, cineater said:

I'm so lost.  They switched from festivals to individual shows?  And bought back the tour name?  Does that mean we get returning members and new music under the same 'we thought it would never happen' name?  I'm going with Richard's closer than we think and evolved when it comes to new music.

I think they've expanded the short stint in October to include festivals and single shows. It is still being billed as the 'Not in this Lifetime' tour. I think more work has been done on the album than we think, but Slash did recently say they will be doing most of the work after these dates.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

As an Australian, i envy both the US and Europe. Then again, i would much prefer if they just knuckled down and got an album out before any more extensive touring.

Same for us from across the Tasman. The band has only been to New Zealand 4 times 87,93,2007 and 2017. Went to all 4 of those.

I have seen the band live 8 times in other parts of the world. 

Yet we get Ed (i rip off other peoples music) Sheeran touring or turning up 4 times a year to do radio promos and intimate showcases. Sign of the times in terms of the recording industry and music in general.

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

We’d be lucky if we even get one. Unless, like I said earlier, they start to continuously trickle out a bunch of EPs and non-album singles instead.

Wouldn't that be fucked? Bumblefoot asks Axl to consider releasing digital singles in lieu of albums and gets rebuffed for it, only for the band to do the same after he leaves. :lol:

I think an album is more likely, since Axl is quite traditionally minded. For example, in that Brazilian interview he did with Duff, they talked about album art and other stuff.

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Wouldn't that be fucked? Bumblefoot asks Axl to consider releasing digital singles in lieu of albums and gets rebuffed for it, only for the band to do the same after he leaves. :lol:

I think an album is more likely, since Axl is quite traditionally minded. For example, in that Brazilian interview he did with Duff, they talked about album art and other stuff.

Good point, yeah. I forgot that Axl mentioned album art and stuff like that.

did bumble really suggest that to them? And they rejected that idea? Wow. Didn’t know that!

13 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

One day the band one be around anymore and people will say “Damn, I wish I could see Guns live again.”

Until then, I’m going to enjoy what’s given to me and whatever comes with it.

See you in Charlotte and Vegas.

I honestly hear that argument. When things like this happen, I try to remember the huge runs we've had where I really wanted to see GN'R but they weren't touring. I'm really hoping for a setlist shake up at the very least though. 

3 minutes ago, Dean said:

I fancy Vegas. How much are golden circle tickets normally in the States?

For Vegas specifically, it can be pricey. I don't think there's any pricing information for those shows yet but I would imagine it'll be a lot more expensive than a regular GN'R show. 

• Like 1

"Big. F'n. News."

Ha ha ha. No. 

What's the chances we get a lean, mean, prepared Axl, at least one new song and maybe some Think About You/Locomotive/Breakdown/Don't Cry Alt etc as opposed to exactly the same show with Axl sounding awful and covered in gimmicks?

1 minute ago, Jordan Rose said:

"Big. F'n. News."

Ha ha ha. No. 

What's the chances we get a lean, mean, prepared Axl, at least one new song and maybe some Think About You/Locomotive/Breakdown/Don't Cry Alt etc as opposed to exactly the same show with Axl sounding awful and covered in gimmicks?

Zero

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Zero

Well he's done it in '06, '09, to a lesser extent in '16 (although it's hard to know what he'd have been like without the broken foot) and for Axl/DC. So it's not impossible. I'd say it all depends on how well things are going with the record between him and Slash. I think it was Niven a few months ago who said Slash didn't seem thrilled about working on a record of mostly Chinese Part 2 but then the other day he sounded way more positive about exactly that. If and when they do add a bunch of new songs to the set and start promo that's the best chance left of seeing Axl prepare and give 100% again, with whatever he's got left. 

3 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Well he's done it in '06, '09, to a lesser extent in '16 (although it's hard to know what he'd have been like without the broken foot) and for Axl/DC. So it's not impossible. I'd say it all depends on how well things are going with the record between him and Slash. I think it was Niven a few months ago who said Slash didn't seem thrilled about working on a record of mostly Chinese Part 2 but then the other day he sounded way more positive about exactly that. If and when they do add a bunch of new songs to the set and start promo that's the best chance left of seeing Axl prepare and give 100% again, with whatever he's got left. 

He had something to prove those years. 06 was after the 2002 debacle and there was hype for CD, 09 and 10 were the first years after its release, and 16 was the reunion and ACDC

He has nothing to prove and is coasting right now. He will most likely be awful the first show, and maybe slightly improve by our standard as the run goes on while still sounding bad

Vegas is the closest show to me and I would like to see them in a smaller venue but it depends on how much tickets are. Would love to go though.

As far as setlist or whatever goes if they trimmed down the wish you were here/Layla bit that would help move things along. A new deep cut would be nice too.

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

He had something to prove those years. 06 was after the 2002 debacle and there was hype for CD, 09 and 10 were the first years after its release, and 16 was the reunion and ACDC

He has nothing to prove and is coasting right now. He will most likely be awful the first show, and maybe slightly improve by our standard as the run goes on while still sounding bad

Very likely. At least he wont ever such as hard as poor Johnny Bongiovi.

1 hour ago, username said:

I skipped on them during the second Europe leg and until something worthwhile happens I'll be skipping them again should they do a 3rd Europe leg. Same shit different day and there are way too many other great bands out there to see. 

Same here. Last gig I saw was Montreal in 2017, and I decided I'm done going to gigs until they release something. I was happy enough seeing NuGN'R over and over again since the tickets were cheap, and the shows were more fun (And even back then we at least got some rotating stuff from night to night), but NITL has bored me to death after 4 gigs. 

WOWIE ZOWIE!!!!! Right after THESE shows is when they are REEEEAALLY start cranking out a new album. 

lets play a fun game and try to guess what the setlist might look like? Here is my prediction...

1. It's So Easy
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. Chinese Democracy
4. Welcome ToThe Jungle
5. Double Talkin' Jive
6. Better
7. Estranged
8. Live And Let Die (Wings cover)
9. Rocket Queen
10. Attitude (Misfits cover)
11. This I Love
12. Civil War
13. Slither (Velvet Revolver cover) 
14. Slash Guitar Solo
15. Speak Softly Love (Nino Rota cover)
16. Sweet Child O' Mine
17. Wichita Lineman (Jimmy Webb cover)
18. Used To Love Her
19. Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd cover) 
20. November Rain
21. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover)
22. Nightrain

Encore:

23. Patience
24. Paradise City

what do u guys think???

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Sheesh you would think this was as American band or something. Of course they’re going to have more US legs than Europe, Asia, etc 

I mean yeah but the ratio this time is way more NA centered than in the past. There's going to have been more U.S legs than years that the tour has been running...