NITLT 8 New dates Announced

Slash said they’d really working on stuff after the festival dates. The Voodoo Festival is Oct 25 which is pretty much when this mini-tour ends. So I don’t think this will conflict with the timeline of their work with the new stuff. Now if they add anything more after this, then yeah that would be irritating. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Sadly yeah it kinda makes sense at this point.

There is clearly no ambition from Axl to actually do anything outside of touring.

Reside in Vegas and charge the earth for tickets people will still pay to turn up.

Kind of like Aerosmith's current residency in Vegas.  Have you seen the ticket prices for those shows?

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I honestly hear that argument. When things like this happen, I try to remember the huge runs we've had where I really wanted to see GN'R but they weren't touring. I'm really hoping for a setlist shake up at the very least though. 

Yeah no matter what happens, I am grateful Axl is back to still touring at a frequent basis, let alone with Slash and Duff! Things are still miles better than they were in 2014, as far as I’m concerned.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Slash said they’d really working on stuff after the festival dates. The Voodoo Festival is Oct 25 which is pretty much when this mini-tour ends. So I don’t think this will conflict with the timeline of their work with the new stuff. Now if they add anything more after this, then yeah that would be irritating. 

I remember when Dizzy, Ashba, Fortus, and BBF used to say VERY similar things and frequently. How many albums did we get from those promises? I know that we're supposed to pretend that this is different because Slash is the one now saying it, but don't forget that the same decision maker is still in place. If I were you, I'd prepare myself to be irritated.

33 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

I mean yeah but the ratio this time is way more NA centered than in the past. There's going to have been more U.S legs than years that the tour has been running...

My guess is because American interest will wain faster. 

I appreciate your frustrations. If possible, pick a US date and make a holiday out of it!

10 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Go on How much?

I reckon at least $200

Vegas is the ultimate cash grab for these sorts of acts.

They reckon after London Jacko was going to do Vegas you can see why.

I paid 250 for Elton John at Caesars about 10 years ago lol-I cant remember what the cheapest was, around 100-I decided to splurge. FWIW they are on stubhub for 250 rn

16 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Go on How much?

I reckon at least $200

$200 would be cheap compared to what they've been charging in the US. NITL has been upwards of $300 for the best seats/pit. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Go on How much?

I reckon at least $200

The worst seats were around $150 face value (you can't see them anymore, they are all resale).  The lower level was something like $250 and up.  I definitely see why these acts do it.  The promoter saves all kinds of money vs. a tour because they don't have to keep building and tearing down stages.  The artists get paid similar to an arena because the revenue is almost as much even with half the capacity.  Plus, the artists don't have to travel every other day.

3 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Said it before. Will this tour ever end? 

Axl: "Not in this lifetime..." 

They gotta bring new music now. 

Axl: "Not in this lifetime..." 

But serious...let's be positive !
There might be a new song....or even more than that.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’ll be in Jacksonville Florida October 1st for college- too bad I’m a broke ass college student. :/ 

Wait for last minute tickets, you should be able to get nosebleeds for cheap. Also look for radio contests.

• GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

I wonder if this extra number of dates will ensure NITL eclipses UYI for total shows played?

UYI tour had 194 shows, NITL has 174 so far (the fall shows included) so I guess they still have a reason to keep on adding dates :wacko:

Edited by SAU3R
  • GNFNR 1

Wait so...those Mexican dates & American dates are part of NITL? Maybe Guns wants to shift Ed Sheeran from 2nd place in the all time concert grossing list but I doubt it cause he's about 40-50 Million in front with at least another 25-26 shows to go yet. 

1 hour ago, Stryker said:

Wait for last minute tickets, you should be able to get nosebleeds for cheap. Also look for radio contests.

Waiting until the last minute has worked for me many times. Scalpers get desperate and start dumping tickets at below face value on Stubhub a few days/hours before a show.
When it comes to buying concert tickets, waiting it out typically pays off.

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

What about the balconies? What would you guess for those seats?

No clue really. Vegas residencies can be a really odd thing. Most acts that play Caesars charge roughly $250 for floor / close to stage and about half that for balcony. I could see GN'R asking double what the average act does in that same room. So at a wild guess, I'm gonna say $400 for floor & close to stage, $200 for balcony.

• Like 1

I am disappointed that Dallas/Fort Worth has once again been omitted from another GNR North American tour.
I am speculating there is a clause in the ACL Festival contract that forbids headliners from performing within a 200 mile radius of the festival during the same time frame.

Regardless, I will be at the Austin October 11th show with friends.
We should have a good time if the weather cooperates. *fingers crossed*

Since all of these dates are just more of the predictable Not In This Lifetime variety, I will probably not focus on capturing audio of the Austin gig.
After taping 3 GNR shows in 2016, it would be nice to live in the moment, and just enjoy the Austin festival gig with my friends...

Edited by rockphantom
fixing typos
  • Like 2