NITLT 8 New dates Announced

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'm no expert but it seems theyre completely oversaturating the market. 4 year tour hitting major A markets 2-3 times, B markets up to 2 times, and now C and D markets in smaller arenas. Their draw will get smaller the more they do this. 

If stopped in 2017, recharged and did an album (lol) in the mean time, and came back in 2020/2021 they could have probably done another stadium run.  Same strategy worked for AC/DC and Metallica. Now they are touring like almost any other nostalgia act- KISS, Aerosmith, Eagles, etc. Arenas at $$$ are the max with that strategy 

They dont care I guess. Money is money :shrugs:

If the dates sell-out then your assumption is incorrect. GNR have not played these cities, so it’s actually really cool the fans in these cities have an opportunity to see GNR. These guy are all approaching mid to late 50’s, and there aren’t any classic rock bands behind the GNR’s, Metallica, U2, so enjoy while you can because when they are gone there will be no replacements. Plus, it gives me an opportunity for some more lithos, which is my favorite part of this tour.

Not surprised at this news, it was fairly obvious after the Mexico dates were tacked on to the festivals another mini tour was in the works. So much for whoever it was that said NITL was done (Fernando, Slash???) :lol:

Having said that people will go and have a good time so it's not the end of the world and I can't pretend I wouldn't be pleased if they came back to northern UK after only doing London last time.

Doesn't bode especially well for the slightly hyped new album but that's nothing we aren't used to here!

1 hour ago, ramsey said:

Yeah, same here. I plan to get good seats one night and cheap ones the next. 

I have ALWAYS wanted to stay at Caesars Palace. My friends have always wanted to go elsewhere (it has a reputation for being overprice and run down). I checked their site to see what cheapest room rates are for that weekend.....$340 for two queens. 

November typically has cheaper rates than the rest of the year. But I realize now that technically these shows are taking place on what will probably be the widely celebrated HALLOWEEN WEEKEND 🎃🎃 for tourists. 

So we might be up against some pricey rooms...

Oh I didn't even think about that... That might be kind of tough as far as lodging goes. And of course all the people there.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, according to that post above I would be WAY off with what I expected. I'm still not going to change my Vegas plans around to make the show happen but that's FAR more reasonable on price then I was expecting!

Yeah I might be able to do it then.

41 minutes ago, ramsey said:

Exactly. I do not understand how people are bummed they're touring. It's the greatest thing that's ever happened as far as I am concerned.  

Same 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

I think the reason fans appear to be 'bummed' is because they're seeing just how full of shit this band actually is given that they keep mentioning some pretend album like it's their main priority. They should just be honest with the fans and say something like, "Look, we're old, lazy, and lack creativity. Plus, one of our primary songwriters isn't even in the band anymore. So instead of bullshitting you about some album that we never interned to write, we're just going to tour our greatest hit repeatedly and take your money every chance you give us."

Got you on that, but I really think people overestimante Izzy's input! He's cool, he did some great work with them, but his solo career is so erratic, he has like 80 songs released already, but if you put them all together they don't make a average/good GNR song.

The Ju Ju Hounds were cool, specially "Shuffle It All", but to me, that's it.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

I think the reason fans appear to be 'bummed' is because they're seeing just how full of shit this band actually is given that they keep mentioning some pretend album like it's their main priority. They should just be honest with the fans and say something like, "Look, we're old, lazy, and lack creativity. Plus, one of our primary songwriters isn't even in the band anymore. So instead of bullshitting you about some album that we never interned to write, we're just going to tour our greatest hit repeatedly and take your money every chance you give us."

But this is exactly what Slash said. They will be doing shows between september and october and after that, they focus on the album....that is their plan at the moment....frankly I don't get the dissapointment.....just check all Slash's interviews.....

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Not surprised at this news, it was fairly obvious after the Mexico dates were tacked on to the festivals another mini tour was in the works. So much for whoever it was that said NITL was done (Fernando, Slash???) :lol:

Axl said something like: We first had to wrap this up before we can start thinking about whatever's next.

• Like 1

Just now, alfierose said:

Thanks. I knew one of them had alluded to the last leg being most definitely, totally it. :rofl-lol:

Slash also said this when asked about the last leg (before the one-off hawaii show was added): “That’s it for the Not In This Lifetime Tour!” XD

after the Hawaii show, all of the band’s social media pages made it sound like the NITL tour was over as well.

with that being said, I’m kinda glad the nostalgia trip touring is still continuing, in a weird sorta way. While I want new music just as much as the next person, a part of me actually kinda enjoys GnR as a nostalgia act.

• Like 2

It would be cool if they played some new tracks on these dates and worked out the kinks. I think UYI would have been better if they released the albums in '93 as opposed to '91. Simply for the way the songs evolved and got better. Same thing with CD songs, release the 2002 tour versions. I feel like that's how they got the best results for Appetite, cutting their teeth with these songs live. A might optimist probably

Play all you want, I just want Axl to sound like he used to. And I don't mean 80's or early 90's, even though that would be cool, but good enough for us to enjoy his performance and not cringe. I get so bummed listening to some of the videos on YouTube.

Edited by Sisyphus

Looking at the seating chart for Chesapeake Energy arena in OKC, there is no pit section at all. Is this accurate? Do other venues have the same layout? Perhaps it's not updated? Was curious, because Pit tickets are best to buy right before the show. So IDK if I should wait or not?

Edited by 31illusions

13 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Looking at the seating chart for Chesapeake Energy arena in OKC, there is no pit section at all. Is this accurate? Do other venues have the same layout? Perhaps it's not updated? Was curious, because Pit tickets are best to buy right before the show. So IDK if I should wait or not?

No. It clearly states that it’s a default seating chart. There is a PIT section for Wichita. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

That is a joke really considering you have to get there and back eat and drink some people will likely stay in a hotel 

Also, after looking at a few of their setlists, it seems that they are playing the same 17 song set (including 3 covers when they have a MUCH larger catalog than GNR) every night.  Also, Joey Kramer was in some kind of accident and hurt his shoulder so his drum tech has done a bunch of the shows.  I guess Frank is preferable to a drum tech! :-)

"We haven't started working on the new record yet because we added some dates in the fall, but I promise we'll be going to the studio after this mini-tour! Axl has some great material ready to go!"

...or some variation of that quote will be said this fall.

#endlesstouring

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

But this is exactly what Slash said. They will be doing shows between september and october and after that, they focus on the album....that is their plan at the moment....frankly I don't get the dissapointment.....just check all Slash's interviews.....

Yes, this is what I'm thinking aswell. As long as they end touring by the end of november or earlier, and not start touring again until april-may 2020, it's all good. That's plenty of time to make a new record, specially when most of it it's already done (CD2 songs).

Even with this dates and the rumored southeramrican ones in november, it's still a "mini-tour" (the one that Slash kept talking about in recent interviews).

• Like 1

They will keep touring as long as they keep selling out venues. There were top 6 and top 2 highest grossing tours in 2016 and 2017 respectively. The tour has pulled half a billion so far. There is no motivation for new music while they can still sell the old. Not saying I agree with it, but this is the business side of music.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Looks like, with the exception of festivals, they are transitioning to arenas instead of stadiums, in the states.

Almost time to call back Izzy n Steve to keep the money train rolling.

Steven and Izzy won't be able to help them make the jump back to stadiums. A new album might 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sisyphus said:

Play all you want, I just want Axl to sound like he used to. And I don't mean 80's or early 90's, even though that would be cool, but good enough for us to enjoy his performance and not cringe. I get so bummed listening to some of the videos on YouTube.

Yes! And quite frankly I'm surprised more fans don't consider this an issue when it comes to this supposed, fairy-tale album that they're recording. Axl can't sing anymore, Slash stopped coming up with cool riffs decades ago, and Duff appears to be more comfortable telling us "how to be a man" than he does with contributing anything worthwhile, yet somehow when they all come together in the studio for the first time in decades this is somehow going to translate into magic?