NITLT 8 New dates Announced

2 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

Yes! And quite frankly I'm surprised more fans don't consider this an issue when it comes to this supposed, fairy-tale album that they're recording. Axl can't sing anymore, Slash stopped coming up with cool riffs decades ago, and Duff appears to be more comfortable telling us "how to be a man" than he does with contributing anything worthwhile, yet somehow when they all come together in the studio for the first time in decades this is somehow going to translate into magic?

You're just gonna keep posting more or less the same thing in each thread I guess? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Haven't seen this posted yet but Meegan replied to a fan asking about European shows, says "I bet you will hear a new record from them one day."

vbp16j8e10531.jpg

Yeah there will be a record at some point, they just have to write and record it. Who knows when that'll be though.

1 minute ago, fumardude said:

Anyone going to any of the vegas shows?

Maybe, depends on ticket prices.

I wouldn't mind checking out a show if it's in a smaller venue - the Vegas shows seem like they might be worth a trip. IIRC, the acoustics at the stadium show I went to were a mixed bag so smaller venues in NA are a plus imho. Only thing that would make me hesitate is if the show is another bloated 3-hr affair. One can only hope at some point they consider an all killer no filler approach - just a 2 hr gig with minimal covers (2-3 max), minimal Axl costume changes (please retire the cowboy get-up from KOHD), and minimal Slash wankery (just end the song instead of adding 2 extra minutes of tasteless noodling). If they do that, even the same old setlist with a few rearranged songs could be made exciting-ish again.

• Like 3

I’m really excited for the Wichita show! I know it’ll be the same setlist and stage show but @Whiskey Rose and I will be seeing them together for the first time, so that will be a big deal for us! Plus it’s been since 2017 since we’ve seen them at all, and I’ll always go see GnR any reasonable chance I get. Can’t fuckin wait! 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

8 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I’m really excited for the Wichita show! I know it’ll be the same setlist and stage show but @Whiskey Rose and I will be seeing them together for the first time, so that will be a big deal for us! Plus it’s been since 2017 since we’ve seen them at all, and I’ll always go see GnR any reasonable chance I get. Can’t fuckin wait! 

Me too!!!! I’ll be there for certain. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

10 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Me too!!!! I’ll be there for certain. 

So strange for me to see so many Kansans on this forum! I'll be there too!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

This leg kind of makes a mockery of the NILT branding. They should have just called it something else. Don’t really get the point of these shows. 

Are these shoes it or has anyone heard of other US dates?

The point of the shows is so they can make the most money possible with the most minimal effort put forth. They haven't announced any other dates other than the half dozen or so that were announced this morning. But worry not, if the band sees a way of making even more money in a specific market I'm certain that they will be there.

8 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

This leg kind of makes a mockery of the NILT branding. They should have just called it something else. Don’t really get the point of these shows. 

Yeah they shoulda just called it The Fall 2019 Mini-Tour or something.

28 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

The point of the shows is so they can make the most money possible with the most minimal effort put forth. They haven't announced any other dates other than the half dozen or so that were announced this morning. But worry not, if the band sees a way of making even more money in a specific market I'm certain that they will be there.

To some degree that’s true but this is a bit cynical for me. These shows will be a drop in the bucket financially relative to the “real” NITL shows. 

Maybe they just have fun doing it. Of course, money motivates all of us, but I don’t think this is purely for income purposes since they took home a lot between 2016-2018

45 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Calling it the NITL is puzzling to me as well, but since it’s all cities that haven’t been toured before with the exception of Vegas then I could see why they went with it.

19 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

This whole tour has been so NA based. As a European its somewhat annoying but I guess we did get two runs anyhow. You guys reckon its partly because of how poorly NewGnR did in the US? Certainly making up for it now...

Indeed it was, but still, Europe had its fair share - 38 shows in 2 years. NA had twice more (88 gigs), but in the US the market itself is bigger and Guns' is an american band after all. So, I'm quite pleased how Europe was treated, especially how shows was spread across the continent. I've attended 3 of them and, of course, as for now want more, but my appetite was mostly fulfilled. 

• Like 1